2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the acceptance call earlier today, hoping you did too

I sure did! I took the seat. I feel so relieved, this is my 3rd cycle. Congrats to you as well :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Howdy, y'all. Anyone know how long it took before you received a secondary? I was complete mid November... do I still have a shot?

Just got an interview. Anyone know the chances of still being accepted? Or are they on waitlisting now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview. Anyone know the chances of still being accepted? Or are they on waitlisting now?
TBH I think you'll either get accepted or rejected, doubt you'll get waitlisted, but if you do you'll likely get off of it because that is the nature of the game with a new school/campus. It's highly likely you'll get accepted since you are getting interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted way back in October, but I was born in West Monroe (right across the river), and I live 15 minutes away from the school if anyone has any questions!

Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for accepted students, if so, how to join it? I got the reslife email today so I'm looking for potential roommates.

Anyone know if the anatomy lab is going to have cadavers?

Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for accepted students, if so, how to join it? I got the reslife email today so I'm looking for potential roommates.
I know Brandi said that they will make a group and take care of that but yea I am also looking for possible roommates and she said that she will help with that to set VCOM student together.

Hello! new to the forum. I was given an II for March 3rd and I'm excited. How did the interviews go for you and how was it set up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. What do you mean by we do the dissections? Isn't that how it always is if there are cadavers?
No not always, a lot of schools are moving towards purchased pre-dissected cadavers (which I think could be a better use of our time actually) in which the students only do the "prosections" meaning viewing them and not dissecting.

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any perks they're offering to the inaugural class? I know MD schools do free tuition/ grants. DO schools don't do that, but any other perks people have heard of?

How does on campus housing work there? Would we live in the same on-campus housing as the undergrad students at ULM? How much cheaper is it than off-campus housing?

Also if the Louisiana campus was not our first or second preference, do you think we could ask them to reconsider us for the other campus sites we might be more interested in? Or is that just out of the question?

Anybody know if their class is full or if they're waitlisting yet?

Anybody know if their class is full or if they're waitlisting yet?
To all your questions, this is what I heard but not 100% sure.

I don’t think there is any benefit financially or anything for being the first class Besides the fact that we have a stronger relationship with the faculty.

In regards to housing, they have set apartments for people who would want to live on campus which is $3000 a semester I think and includes everything. But you are required a dining plan with ULM. The apartment is set up as four seperate bedrooms and you all just share the living room and kitchen and you will live with other vcom students but again is owned by ULM so I’m guessing there will be ULM students . But it’s just an option, you can obviously live else where if you want.

I don’t know much about if you’re allowed to switch campuses like you’re talking about but from what I heard from SDN and stuff like that, each campus has their own admissions team and they choose to interview whoever as if they are their own school so you could have interviews at Virginia and louisiana etc but again I’m just speculating and I may be wrong. I wouldn’t call or ask because that might just hurt your chances.

apparently they have just started the waitlist but considering it’s a new school, I think there will be a lot of movement.

Also if the Louisiana campus was not our first or second preference, do you think we could ask them to reconsider us for the other campus sites we might be more interested in? Or is that just out of the question?
Hey, unfortunately once you've interviewed, being accepted by another campus is out of the question. I was initially supposed to be interviewed by Louisiana. I talked to admissions to switch to be reviewed by Carolina and was notified that this meant that I would have to be reselected by their SEPERATE admissions board. Two campuses will not look at your file simultaneously.

Hey, unfortunately once you've interviewed, being accepted by another campus is out of the question. I was initially supposed to be interviewed by Louisiana. I talked to admissions to switch to be reviewed by Carolina and was notified that this meant that I would have to be reselected by their SEPERATE admissions board. Two campuses will not look at your file simultaneously.

I currently have a friend who is in the Carolina's campus and she has a few friends who were transferred over from the Virginia and Alabama campuses before classes started. I'm not sure how it worked, but I do have friends who have told me of other transfer students who interviewed at other campuses. Let me just be clear though, I am not familiar with the details surrounding each student. I just know that they were transferred after putting in a request.

Reactions: 1 users
Any updates recently from anyone? Acceptances, waitlist, etc?

They are moving them to zoom - just found out today, for my interview tomorrow
Goodluck in your interview! Let us know what they say when you’ll hear back from them by pleaaaase

They are moving them to zoom - just found out today, for my interview tomorrow
Hey, I had a Zoom interview last week. It was great pretty chill. Three one-on-one 25-minute interviews. One doc, one teacher, one adcom member. They also had a fin aid presentation toward the end. I would second if you could please ask when they might get back to us with a decision, it's something I forgot to ask being anxious about my first online interview. :p

Hey, I had a Zoom interview last week. It was great pretty chill. Three one-on-one 25-minute interviews. One doc, one teacher, one adcom member. They also had a fin aid presentation toward the end. I would second if you could please ask when they might get back to us with a decision, it's something I forgot to ask being anxious about my first online interview. :p

Im glad the ll went well! Did they talk to you about the waitlist at all?

Congrats! I’m sure it was weird but it seems very straight forward. Can I ask how the teacher and doc were? Was it the anatomy teacher and a doc from a local hospital?

Hey All! Interview went really well today - they said there is a waitlist, it’ll be split into 4 tiers. They do expect to pull some from the waitlist. They said they’d let us know within 2-3 weeks.

Hey all, I will also be attending the inaugural class at VCOM-Louisiana and I'm super excited! I can't wait to meet everyone.

I interviewed here today! It was really amazing & I was very impressed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Waitlisted

They didn’t tell me any of that so I did reach out to them. However, they haven’t responded to the email. They did say that the status of students are changing everyday so maybe some people are getting acceptances from other places or have decided to go elsewhere.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

I’m assuming since they’ve stopped interviewing, they’re getting their ducks in a row before making any calls/emails.

Reactions: 3 users