2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How heavily does each of the campuses favor applicants from their respective regions? I live in NC so quite literally caught between SC and VA campuses. Would I have a better shot ranking Carolinas over Virginia?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone accepted last week gotten their acceptance mail yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
How heavily does each of the campuses favor applicants from their respective regions? I live in NC so quite literally caught between SC and VA campuses. Would I have a better shot ranking Carolinas over Virginia?
Since you live in NC, they will most likely assign you to the Carolinas campus regardless of your ranking.

Do any accepted students know if the tuition deposit and acceptance form need to be SENT OUT or RECEIVED by the date in our acceptance letter? Just wondering bc I'm supposed to hear back from another school around that time. Was going to email and ask but I think offices are closed for the holidays.

Do any accepted students know if the tuition deposit and acceptance form need to be SENT OUT or RECEIVED by the date in our acceptance letter? Just wondering bc I'm supposed to hear back from another school around that time. Was going to email and ask but I think offices are closed for the holidays.
I haven’t even gotten my acceptance mail yet...anyone else?? I live in the northeast area.
Also, when is it due?

I haven’t even gotten my acceptance mail yet...anyone else?? I live in the northeast area.
Also, when is it due?
i'm also from the northeast and i got mine last week. my due date is jan 10 for deposit/acceptance form and to submit precheck! i would call/email since the admission decision email says to let them know if you don't get it in the mail? not sure if offices are open tho bc i tried to email the student health office about immunizations and i got an automatic reply that said "VCOM's admin offices are closed from dec 21-jan 5", though i haven't tried emailing admissions specifically. i'd imagine that you could probably get an extension though considering you didn't even get it in the mail yet lol

Reactions: 1 user
Is VCOM still extending II's? I'll be submitting my secondary either tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
Declined my offer of admission here. Hoping it goes to one of yall!! Good Luck!

this is probably paranoia as a reapplicant, but can vcom retract their admission offer once deposit and background check are accepted?

this is probably paranoia as a reapplicant, but can vcom retract their admission offer once deposit and background check are accepted?

I don’t think so unless you bombed classes or had some legal issues

Interviewing here next Monday! Any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here next Monday! Any advice?

This was my only interview so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but as others have previously said it was very laid back. I don’t remember anyone asking any ethical questions. All three interviewers asked why DO, and one asked my interpretation on the differences between DO, MD, and other types of medicine. The school is very into its mission so I would read over it and be able to answer your interests in those areas. Also find something you’re really passionate about that the school is into. For me it’s sports medicine... That just excites me more about the school and it was something I could show extra enthusiasm about.

Does anyone know about how full the class is? Are interviews at this point for waitlist positions?

Last edited:
In the CV section of the secondary, do we need to include a description of the activities? Or just simply list the name of the school/organization?
And how are we meant to enter periods of unemployment or time off for health reasons since finishing school?

To the accepted students, have you guys started looking for housing yet?

Howdy, y'all. Anyone know how long it took before you received a secondary? I was complete mid November... do I still have a shot?

What do you suggest is the best way to travel to the Blacksburg campus if I have to fly?

What do you suggest is the best way to travel to the Blacksburg campus if I have to fly?
I think the closest airport would be Roanoke's airport, that is about a 40 ish minute drive from blacksburg. There is a small airport in blacksburg, but I do not believe it accepts commercial flights (I may be wrong though).

There is also a shuttle that goes from the Roanoke airport to multiple places in Blacksburg. Look up the Smartway shuttle!

Anyone interview at the Louisiana campus? And does anyone know the chances of being accepted post interview like statistically. I saw the Vcom Louisiana chat was kinda dead so I assume are the people who got interviews are on here?

Howdy, y'all. Anyone know how long it took before you received a secondary? I was complete mid November... do I still have a shot?
I submitted my primary application on August 1st and received the secondary invite on August 2nd. You could try calling their admissions office.

Anyone know how long they are going to be extending interview invites?

Just got a II but for the Louisiana campus. I'm from the south so this is my neck of the woods, lol.

OMG there might still be hope! I am hoping to attend the Carolina campus. I wish you all the best for your interview!
You and me both! I would literally lose my marbles if I had the chance to go the Carolinas campus. Or literally any campus, at that lol.

OMG there might still be hope! I am hoping to attend the Carolina campus. I wish you all the best for your interview!

Yes! Thanks, I'm excited to go and see the campus. I have a lot of friends who are with VCOM in the other eastern campuses.

Did they say that the turn around for hearing after an interview is 2 or 3 weeks?

Hi all! Is it too late to submit the secondary for interviews? I realized I forgot to do it earlier! Thanks

Hi all! Is it too late to submit the secondary for interviews? I realized I forgot to do it earlier! Thanks

Officially, no. Unofficially, probably. You never know if you don’t try though. You’ve come this far, might as well go a little further.

Hey y'all! Are there still spots left for interviews? I sent my secondary back in September and never heard a peep from them since. Do you think I should write them a letter of interest? I am a VA citizen and would love to Interview there.

received an interview invite today for the Virginia campus. Will be withdrawing my application. Hope it gets to one of you guys/gals still waiting! #TheresHope

Omg congrats!!! Just out of curiousity, to which campus was the interview granted and how were you contacted?
Whoops. Definitely should've specified. Invited to Virginia campus and was contacted via email! I'm excited because: seems like VCOM has matched well historically and Blacksburg is a lovely area that is really not too far from home. However, I am very curious to see how AOA/ACGME and Step 1 p/f affects match outcomes.

I got a voicemail from the Carolinas admission office asking me to call them back, do you guys know what for? I called back but they didn't answer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hey y'all! Are there still spots left for interviews? I sent my secondary back in September and never heard a peep from them since. Do you think I should write them a letter of interest? I am a VA citizen and would love to Interview there.

Also wondering, was complete around the same time.

Hey guys! Does anyone know if VCOM will accept you if you are lacking 3 hours of upper level biology? I know they require 6 for matriculation, but can I do my last 3 hours over the summer and still be accepted?

Hey guys! Does anyone know if VCOM will accept you if you are lacking 3 hours of upper level biology? I know they require 6 for matriculation, but can I do my last 3 hours over the summer and still be accepted?
I would email the admissions office for sure. That is definitely a question I would think they would be able to answer

II this morning (Auburn). I will be declining though. Good luck to you all!!

Hey guys! I got a II to the Louisiana campus. I'm so excited! So far I have only done MMI interviews, how are the interviews with VCOM set-up? Last I heard it was one-on-one, but then someone told me that it was with three interviewers 40 minutes each.