2019-2020 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Florida Atlantic University

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary Received, verified 5/30.

Members don't see this ad :)
The diversity essay says “diversity means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. Describe what uniqueness you would bring to the Schmidt college of medicine. We are proud to already have a medical school rich in cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. What values, skills, talents, and life experiences would you add to our culture?”

Okay i need clarification. Does this mean NOT to mention our culture or socioeconomic background???

Never thought i'd be the person doing this but here are the question's:
  • Use this area to justify and/or explain any academic hardships on your transcripts (any failed and/or repeated courses due to any reason) 1600 characters.
  • Whether or not you will be a full-time student, please provide details of your activities/employment for the application year. 1200 characters.
  • What MCAT course and when did you take?
  • Tell us why you would like to be admitted to the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at FAU. What makes you a good fit for our College of Medicine? 1600 characters.
  • Your AMCAS application should reflect your community service experiences. However, tell us more about your most meaningful community service involvement, particularly an experience that really inspired you. How did your involvement move you? (Experience does not need to be related to patient care, if none, please write none) (1600 characters).
  • Good leaders add value to the healthcare profession. They have passion, motivation, conflict resolution skills and integrity, among other attributes and traits. Tell us about your leadership experience(s) and/or key leadership skills. Have you organized a fund raiser, had a club/organization officer role? How do you motivate or influence people? (If none, please write none) (1600 characters).
  • Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome an obstacle or were faced by a difficult challenge or decision. What valuable lessons did you learn? How you think the experience prepared you for a career as a future physician (If none, please write none) (1600 characters).
  • Diversity means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. Describe what uniqueness you would bring to the Schmidt College of Medicine. We are proud to already have a medical school rich in cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. What values, skills, talents, and life experiences would you add to our culture? (1600 characters).
  • You may have worked during or after college. Having to maintain paid employment can be challenging, yet it can also develop a number of qualities that can help you succeed in medical school, as well as beyond. Tell us about your most meaningful paid employment. What was it about the experience that made it meaningful? What qualities and skills did the job help you develop and strengthen? (Experience does not need to be related to patient care, if none, please write none)

I believe for the most part they are the same questions but maybe they are worded differently than other years.

Submitted, best of luck everyone!

What is considered "failed" courses? Below a B? Or below a C?

Last edited:
Never thought i'd be the person doing this but here are the question's:
  • Use this area to justify and/or explain any academic hardships on your transcripts (any failed and/or repeated courses due to any reason) 1600 characters.
  • Whether or not you will be a full-time student, please provide details of your activities/employment for the application year. 1200 characters.
  • What MCAT course and when did you take?
  • Tell us why you would like to be admitted to the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at FAU. What makes you a good fit for our College of Medicine? 1600 characters.
  • Your AMCAS application should reflect your community service experiences. However, tell us more about your most meaningful community service involvement, particularly an experience that really inspired you. How did your involvement move you? (Experience does not need to be related to patient care, if none, please write none) (1600 characters).
  • Good leaders add value to the healthcare profession. They have passion, motivation, conflict resolution skills and integrity, among other attributes and traits. Tell us about your leadership experience(s) and/or key leadership skills. Have you organized a fund raiser, had a club/organization officer role? How do you motivate or influence people? (If none, please write none) (1600 characters).
  • Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome an obstacle or were faced by a difficult challenge or decision. What valuable lessons did you learn? How you think the experience prepared you for a career as a future physician (If none, please write none) (1600 characters).
  • Diversity means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. Describe what uniqueness you would bring to the Schmidt College of Medicine. We are proud to already have a medical school rich in cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. What values, skills, talents, and life experiences would you add to our culture? (1600 characters).
  • You may have worked during or after college. Having to maintain paid employment can be challenging, yet it can also develop a number of qualities that can help you succeed in medical school, as well as beyond. Tell us about your most meaningful paid employment. What was it about the experience that made it meaningful? What qualities and skills did the job help you develop and strengthen? (Experience does not need to be related to patient care, if none, please write none)

I believe for the most part they are the same questions but maybe they are worded differently than other years.

A lot of questions but I like these! Thanks for the post!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they wait to review until they receive CASPER? I just took it and it won't be out for three weeks.

Got an email today asking if i was still interested in the school?
Says that I opened the secondary but havent completed it yet (got the secondary 7/19).
Being a little neurotic here but did anyone else get this and does it have any meaning haha?

Got an email today asking if i was still interested in the school?
Says that I opened the secondary but havent completed it yet (got the secondary 7/19).
Being a little neurotic here but did anyone else get this and does it have any meaning haha?

I got it. Lmao. I literally saw the email and had a neurotic moment, and dropped what I was doing to finish it.

Has anyone received an email confirming complete? The portal says
Secondary Application Completed
but I never got an email. I've gotten emails from every other school confirming completion. Don't know if this is standard for FAU.

Has anyone received an email confirming complete? The portal says
Secondary Application Completed
but I never got an email. I've gotten emails from every other school confirming completion. Don't know if this is standard for FAU.
If you look at last year's thread, they do not send out 'complete' emails other than the one saying your application has been received after submitting secondary. Your status will go from 'Secondary Application Complete' to 'Preliminary Review Assigned or Complete' and II go out via email.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone had a change in status? Mine has been on "secondary application completed" for over a month.

My status changed yesterday to "preliminary review assigned"

My status also changed to "Preliminary Review Assigned"

I was complete on 7/24

Reactions: 2 users
Mine just changed to: Preliminary Review Completed

"We have completed a preliminary review of your secondary application. You will receive an email if you are selected for an in person interview. Thank you. "

Mine just changed to: Preliminary Review Completed

"We have completed a preliminary review of your secondary application. You will receive an email if you are selected for an in person interview. Thank you. "
when were you complete?

when were you complete?

I got appliation recevied email on Jul 14th. Like 2 or 3 days ago it said Prelim review assigned. I don't think I ever got a complete email? I don't really got how to check those things with these portals that are different from the norm.

Does anyone know if FAU waits for casper results to give out II? I know the application says "Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility" but I'm wondering if they only give out interviews after they've received an applicant's casper results?

Anyone who submitted by 7/10 still have the status "Secondary Application Completed"?

Mine has been on preliminary review completed for a week or so

Im still stuck on secondary application complete since ~7/27

Still on secondary application complete since 7/28 :/

Preliminary Review Assigned still. There really hasn't been much movement for IIs here :/

II about an hour ago!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
My portal updated to admissions screening complete today. But before that it just said secondary complete. no preliminary review assigned or anything. A part of me thinks this is a rejection but I couldn't seem to find anything on last years posts. What do you guys think?

My portal updated to admissions screening complete today. But before that it just said secondary complete. no preliminary review assigned or anything. A part of me thinks this is a rejection but I couldn't seem to find anything on last years posts. What do you guys think?
+1 updated to admissions screening complete today. Was previously "secondary application complete"

+1 Idk when mine changed, but I was stuck on complete for a while.

Same.

In last years thread, I never saw "admissions screening complete" when I checked through some of the pages. I just saw preliminary review assigned/complete. Weird. I saw people had the assigned status for about a month before they got an II. Hope the admissions screening complete isn't a rejection coming. o_O