2019-2020 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone recieved any financial aid/scholarships? Or do you have to apply first?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if FAU is still sending out interviews?
MSAR says: Formal interview days are scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays between late August and February.

But I don't know if they are officially done. maybe you can call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if FAU is still sending out interviews?
The last interview is this Thursday, feb 27. I was offered an interview about a week ago and the only available dates were today and then. I called to see if I could do it the following Thursday and they said these were the only ones left.

Reactions: 1 users
The last interview is this Thursday, feb 27. I was offered an interview about a week ago and the only available dates were today and then. I called to see if I could do it the following Thursday and they said these were the only ones left.
good luck!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
when are the next set of decisions expected?

Do accepted students get a call, or anyone has just seen their acceptance on the portal?

For those accepted or waitlisted that applied for the merit-based scholarship, when should we should expect to hear back regarding financial aid / scholarship awards?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

alternate list :(
That’s ok!! 55-60% of their matriculated students came off the alternate list! If this is your absolute top choice, make that clear to them and you have a huge shot. Good luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
alternate list :(
I'm really sorry to hear that. It's easier said than done, but it's not over just yet. If it's your first choice, definitely send those LOI's. You have still have a strong chance of being accepted.

Caught that fat pre interview R this morning

Complete 10.14.2019
Update 2.11.2020

Pre II R on 03.09.2020

Hi guys, for those who got accepted.
Is there anything else you need to do besides update AMCAS with the intent to enroll and reply back to the school to let them know you want to accept the offer?
What about deposits, immunization? etc?
Thanks!

Does anyone know when the admission committee reviews applicants on the alternate list?

Does anyone know when the admission committee reviews applicants on the alternate list?
March! They didn’t give us exact dates so I’m guessing it’s all through march

Did anyone else receive an email about whether or not you want to remain on the alternate list?

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone who sent a LOI receive a confirmation or reply that your letter was received?

Withdrawing from alternate; good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take for you to receive a confirmation?
yes how long did it take lol I never got a reply :(

She responded within hours for me, but I think that's because I happened to submit it before things got busy (~March 3rd). I've been talking to someone else on the alternate list who told me it took them a few days to get a reply. In their case, I think it took a while because they submitted it a couple days before the last wave of decisions were going to be released. Perhaps now, FAU is also super busy because of coronavirus + they're meeting to discuss waitlisted students. I wouldn't worry tho- if you sent it, it will go into your file. All Monica responded to me was that she received the letter and put it in my file. I doubt she even read it. Maybe just reference your LOI when emailing her back about wanting to remain on the alternate list?

She responded within hours for me, but I think that's because I happened to submit it before things got busy (~March 3rd). I've been talking to someone else on the alternate list who told me it took them a few days to get a reply. In their case, I think it took a while because they submitted it a couple days before the last wave of decisions were going to be released. Perhaps now, FAU is also super busy because of coronavirus + they're meeting to discuss waitlisted students. I wouldn't worry tho- if you sent it, it will go into your file. All Monica responded to me was that she received the letter and put it in my file. I doubt she even read it. Maybe just reference your LOI when emailing her back about wanting to remain on the alternate list?
Thanks!! I’ll wait few days to get a confirmation then.

For anyone else that emailed back saying they wanted to remain on the alternate list, did you guys get any confirmation afterwards or no?

Alternate list!! No email it was just posted on my portal

What time did they tell you to check? they told me 3:00 and my portal hasn't been updated yet
I don't think they gave us a time in my interview. I just checked because I remembered today was supposed to be the day. I hope it is good news for you! I think that for accepted students the portal doesn't change until you get a call.

I don't think they gave us a time in my interview. I just checked because I remembered today was supposed to be the day. I hope it is good news for you! I think that for accepted students the portal doesn't change until you get a call.
Thanks, I have my fingers crossed! and I hope you get in off the alternate list soon :)

Reactions: 1 users
Now with the events currently happening in our country, is there a possibility that there will still be invitations for a second look?

Any word on when scholarships are sent out? I just submitted my application today even though I was accepted in Feb(I know kinda late)

Does anyone know if the committee has met (probably virtually) to review the waitlisted applicants yet?