2019-2020 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Prompts:

Travel: Indicate your significant travel experiences and include the circumstances.
Fun and Diversion: Indicate what you do for fun and diversion (hobbies, special interests, etc.)
Miscellaneous: Identify any other traits, habits, experiences, interests, etc., that a professor advisor would not normally learn about you.
Parents: Please provide a brief description of your parents
Siblings: Please provide a brief description of your siblings.
Practice Vision: In what field of medicine do you envision yourself working ten years from now?
ACT/SAT Scores (if any): Please enter your ACT and SAT scores if you have taken these exams.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Florida State University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
this is my alma mater, would looooveee to go here

Members don't see this ad :)
Excited for this school! One of my top choices. Finally time to apply. :)

Let’s say we apply here ASAP. But we don’t apply early decision. Does that mean we get pushed off for much longer? Also do EDs have higher stats?

Let’s say we apply here ASAP. But we don’t apply early decision. Does that mean we get pushed off for much longer? Also do EDs have higher stats?

Yeah ED have higher stats than the general applicant pool. Each school gives numbers for their ED requirements.

Current M3 here. Happy to answer any questions/share my perspective. Best of luck to all those applying.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
do you guys know where I can find the secondary prompts for this school? Also, what are your opinions on just using the search bar on SDN for the secondaries? are they identical or similar to the legit ones?

@PapaGuava Here are the prompts:

Travel: Indicate your significant travel experiences and include the circumstances.
Fun and Diversion: Indicate what you do for fun and diversion (hobbies, special interests, etc.)
Miscellaneous: Identify any other traits, habits, experiences, interests, etc., that a professor advisor would not normally learn about you.
Practice Vision: In what field of medicine do you envision yourself working ten years from now?
ACT/SAT Scores (if any): Please enter your ACT and SAT scores if you have taken these exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
@PapaGuava Here are the prompts:

What's the word or character limit?

Anybody else who was verified before the 28th but still hasn’t received a secondary? I’ve received from other schools already
same. I'm sure it'll happen in its own time

What're you guys using the prompt "Identify any other traits, habits, experiences, interests, etc., that a professor or advisor would not normally learn about you" for?

What're you guys using the prompt "Identify any other traits, habits, experiences, interests, etc., that a professor or advisor would not normally learn about you" for?
I'm using this to discuss my plans after I graduate this December; I'll be thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail to raise money for the National Hospice Foundation and American Alzheimer's Association.

Also, all the prompts except the self-critical analysis are listed as optional

Got my secondary finally!!! Go noles !!!

so it's a total of 7 questions?

It’s a total of 8 questions. The first 7 are indicated as optional in this new application portal they’re using this year. It includes a question about previous SAT/ACT scores. There’s a last question which isn’t optional about our scholastic and personal qualifications to pursue medicine

Just submitted, waiting patiently for the email to pay the secondary fee so i can be complete

It’s a total of 8 questions. The first 7 are indicated as optional in this new application portal they’re using this year. It includes a question about previous SAT/ACT scores. There’s a last question which isn’t optional about our scholastic and personal qualifications to pursue medicine
thank you!

Anyone have any insight as to how long it takes to receive the secondary fee email??

Anyone have any insight as to how long it takes to receive the secondary fee email??
I have been waiting since Friday, don't think they've sent out the fee email yet.

Is there a way for us to check if our letters have arrived at FSU? I’m realizing there’s a lag between assigning them on AMCAS and them actually showing up at the schools now

Anyone else still waiting to pay the secondary fee? Not sure it'll come before Friday at this point due to independence day

Anyone else still waiting to pay the secondary fee? Not sure it'll come before Friday at this point due to independence day
Still nothing, submitted last Friday.

FSU I just wanna pay you :(
I was thinking of calling their admission office if I haven't heard anything by the middle of next week.

Hey guys, alumnus from FSUCOM class of 2019 checking in. I hope you all do well this season, whether its here or somewhere else.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received a link for secondary application payment yet? Submitted my secondary on June 29.....

Current M3 here. Happy to answer any questions/share my perspective. Best of luck to all those applying.
do you know if first and second year students will be involved at the new PrimaryHealth clinic?

do you know if first and second year students will be involved at the new PrimaryHealth clinic?
They told us we might have some preceptor rotations there with faculty docs. I would imagine it would be an avenue for community service, since we already do health screenings as an extension of the clinic before it was officially opened.

Has anyone contacted with admission regarding sending payment links for secondary application?
Please let me know....Thank you so much

Just called the office and they said the payment email should go out within the next few business days. They haven't sent any out yet, so we aren't behind or anything.

Reactions: 1 users
How many words are people typically writing for questions 1-5? Some of these just seem like questions that they don't want to hear 500 words about so i'm curious what everyone else is doing.

How many words are people typically writing for questions 1-5? Some of these just seem like questions that they don't want to hear 500 words about so i'm curious what everyone else is doing.

The only two I got near 500 were the travel experiences one and the self-critique. The other ones were around 200-250 words.

I didn't write 500 words for the prompts that weren't required, i wrote 300ish. for the required question i did the 500 words since it was the only one

Hopefully the fee email comes this week? Bummed since this was one of the longest/first apps i completed