Status
Pre-Medical
Is the portal down for anyone else?

Jan 8, 2018
Reactions: Auroracat9
Jul 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Nvm sorry guys - false alarm :/ for some reason I just can't hop onto my portal with my current Wifi. Just checked on my phone, no status change

Aug 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
This may have been asked a ways back, but what has been the typical turnaround time after the confirmation becomes “Your file is under review.”?

ChasingThatII

Just a dog
Jan 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Mine was also put on hold for re-review a few days ago. Submitted on 7/24

Makeeveryoneproud31

2+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
On-hold, complete 8/3/19. Do I need to update them with something to get off of hold?

Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Pre-Medical
on hold :( submitted 8/1..

Aug 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
On-hold, complete 8/3/19. Do I need to update them with something to get off of hold?
Also wondering this. When is an appropriate time to update a school if they put you on hold?

Nov 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
So in the portal it says that they encourage status updates, including grades, new activities, etc. If I already received an II (interviewing in September), should I add an update so they have all the information when they interview me? I know the interviews are blind, but not sure if it would be beneficial. Since applying, I've completed one semester with a 4.0 and started another clinical employment. Not sure if this would be beneficial to the reviewers?

Mar 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So in the portal it says that they encourage status updates, including grades, new activities, etc. If I already received an II (interviewing in September), should I add an update so they have all the information when they interview me? I know the interviews are blind, but not sure if it would be beneficial. Since applying, I've completed one semester with a 4.0 and started another clinical employment. Not sure if this would be beneficial to the reviewers?
You might be best off holding that information until after the interview, and adding it to your portal as a post-II update so they have that to consider as "new info still grinding and getting paper" before they make a decision on your entry

Nov 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
You might be best off holding that information until after the interview, and adding it to your portal as a post-II update so they have that to consider as "new info still grinding and getting paper" before they make a decision on your entry
Ahh, that’s a great idea. Thanks for the input!

Reactions: imbesrs
Apr 23, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 8/1. On hold 8/30.

Reactions: ayjaystudent
Jul 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 7/25. On hold 8/30.

Aug 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was complete 7/2 and have not moved from "complete." I have not been under review. Should I call, seeing that others who were complete in August have been reviewed? LM 73.

Jul 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
On hold, complete 8/4

Jul 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Jul 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anybody interviewed here yet?
I have, it was pretty laid back. Generally a pleasant experience (or at least as pleasant as anxiously waiting to do your interview for nearly an entire day can be). Everyone I met seemed genuinely nice, including my fellow interviewees. My hotel was a short walk from campus but plenty of people took the subway and had no problems. I did have a guy approach me for money to buy a milkshake from McDonald's get mad when he saw that I had literally no cash in my wallet, but that's a big city for you.

Dec 17, 2018
I have, it was pretty laid back. Generally a pleasant experience (or at least as pleasant as anxiously waiting to do your interview for nearly an entire day can be). Everyone I met seemed genuinely nice, including my fellow interviewees. My hotel was a short walk from campus but plenty of people took the subway and had no problems. I did have a guy approach me for money to buy a milkshake from McDonald's get mad when he saw that I had literally no cash in my wallet, but that's a big city for you.
Welcome to DC bro/bromiga

Aug 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewing here in 2 weeks but had a question for any current students/earlier interviewees, because it is closed file do they ask for your resume? Trying to decide whether it is worth it to revamp it even more or leave as is if they are not asked for.

Reactions: NatGeoLover
May 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interview here next week. For those who already interviewed, what was the day like? And what are some nearby hotels?

May 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interview here next week. For those who already interviewed, what was the day like? And what are some nearby hotels?
Interview here next week as well!

I did an AirBnB. For two nights (have to stay an extra day), it came out to ~$250. I highly recommend this. The hotels nearby, even with the discount, are like $170 each night (if not more).