2019-2020 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist via phone call just now!

:love:

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
got the call this morning!!!!! can’t wait to be a part of the class of 2024

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I'm on the high waitlist, but still haven't received a call. :(
Does anyone know if ICOM accepts most, if not all, applicants placed on the high waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the high waitlist, but still haven't received a call. :(
Does anyone know if ICOM accepts most, if not all, applicants placed on the high waitlist?
Hang in there! I know that they accept a considerable amount from off of their waitlist. Being in the high priority waitlist Is a great place to be! Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 4 users
I recently withdrew my spot in the class of 2024. Best of luck to everyone on here!

Reactions: 1 users
I withdrew my waitlist spot yesterday. I hope that helps someone get one spot closer to their dream!! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Can a current student recommend some good private loan options? ICOM lists Wells Fargo and Sallie Mae but I also want to explore others.

Hey y’all! I’ll be withdrawing my seat soon after my new offer is 100% confirmed.

I hope it goes to one of you lucky ducks, best wishes!

Hey does anyone know if the BLS & Immunization deadlines are extended? I can't find classes in my area at the moment and my PCP isn't available until late-June due to COVID. Thanks

How long did everyone’s certiphi background check and drug screen results take to come back? i feel like i’ve been waiting for the background check’s results for a hot minute now

Will be withdrawing my seats in the upcoming days.

I will be rooting on the sideline for the milestones you guys and this institution will achieve soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Current students:

Any recommendations on buying stethoscopes or any of the required gear? Seeing what you guys actually use so I can save some money here or there.

Debating on whether to get the Litman Classic III or drop the extra $$ for the Cardiology IV

Current students:

Any recommendations on buying stethoscopes or any of the required gear? Seeing what you guys actually use so I can save some money here or there.

Debating on whether to get the Litman Classic III or drop the extra $$ for the Cardiology IV
My experience in the ER and with my boyfriend who is graduating this year from med school is the Cardiology IV. I personally think it sounds better, it was recommended by most physicians to me as a good quality one to learn on and use daily, and it is the one that I was gifted this year from my parents when I got accepted to medical school so I wouldn't have to use the crappy ones that I used on my EMS rig.

Hey does anyone know if the BLS & Immunization deadlines are extended? I can't find classes in my area at the moment and my PCP isn't available until late-June due to COVID. Thanks
They had emailed us maybe 1-2 Months ago saying that they would extend the deadline. When I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if there was a definite deadline they said not yet and to get things done as soon as possible. Though I would email them to make sure.

Currently looking for an apartment/house and was wondering if any current students could recommend any areas/apartment complexes to live in Boise and meridian. Thank you!

Current students:

Most people went with the Classic, but I opted for the Cardio. It does sound better and, since I plan to keep this for as long as it will last, I opted to pay a bit extra as an investment in my career. However, you won't be disappointed with either. The difference in sound is there, but it is not drastic and the classic still sounds good.

Can a current student recommend some good private loan options? ICOM lists Wells Fargo and Sallie Mae but I also want to explore others.

I am not aware of any students that have gone with any other source for their loan. Apply for both of these so you can choose who gives you the best rate. After talking with other students and applying for both loans last year, Wells Fargo typically gives you a much better rate but they seem to be harder to get an approval from.

Any current students, can you comment on the way ICOM is preparing you for COMLEX? I guess it's more of a self-prep exam but is the education you're receiving quality? I really really like this school but I wanna be sure.

Any current students, can you comment on the way ICOM is preparing you for COMLEX? I guess it's more of a self-prep exam but is the education you're receiving quality? I really really like this school but I wanna be sure.
I’m class of ‘23, so I can’t speak a lot on board prep (maybe a member of the class of ‘22 will chime in). But I feel like we are overall being well-prepared...like, when I do board prep questions or use board prep resources, I know I’ve been taught the vast majority of the information. The one thing I feel like I don’t know very well is microbiology details, like if a virus has an envelope or is naked, that kind of thing. To be completely fair, most of that info was presented to us in Clinical Foundations and I just wasn’t ready to learn it all lol. But other than that, I feel well-prepared so far.

I’m class of ‘23, so I can’t speak a lot on board prep (maybe a member of the class of ‘22 will chime in). But I feel like we are overall being well-prepared...like, when I do board prep questions or use board prep resources, I know I’ve been taught the vast majority of the information. The one thing I feel like I don’t know very well is microbiology details, like if a virus has an envelope or is naked, that kind of thing. To be completely fair, most of that info was presented to us in Clinical Foundations and I just wasn’t ready to learn it all lol. But other than that, I feel well-prepared so far.
Thank you so much! That is very relieving to hear. ICOM is my top choice right now!

I actually have no idea, I was never told anything more specific than “waitlist”.
There was a high priority and a medium priority waitlist (not sure if there was a low priority one). I'm in the medium priority group. Just wondering. Good for you!

For ordering the medical equipment, would the bronze option be adequate?

For ordering the medical equipment, would the bronze option be adequate?
From what everyone has told me, you will be fine getting the cheapest of the cheap for pretty much everything on the required equipment list except for the stethoscope. Most people are recommending the Littmann Classic III unless you are really feeling classy and want to throw down on a Littmann Cardiology IV.

Has anyone heard anything about the medium priority waitlist?

Agree on this. Class of 24 will have a different Micro professor as well so that may change things for the next class and how the material is presented/spaced out. The previous Micro professor retired with her husband.

Anyone heard about movement on the waitlist?

Hey guys, congratulations to the class of 2024! I am an upcoming OMS II and would be happy to answer any questions that you guys might have! Can’t wait to meet you in the Fall.

Hey guys, congratulations to the class of 2024! I am an upcoming OMS II and would be happy to answer any questions that you guys might have! Can’t wait to meet you in the Fall.

Hey!
Was accepted into the c/o 2024 and had a few quick questions -
How's the dress code there? The handbook seems to elude that you need to be in dress clothes for classes; is this the case in your experience?
What was your interest rate for loans (if you don't mind disclosing). Sali Mae approved me at 9% which I though was pretty darn high and am still waiting on WF.

Thanks for being on here and answering questions!

For accepted students, have we been given a link or any instruction on logging in/using sonis? There was an email sent out from the registrar about a few days ago, but I was wondering if there were any other previous emails about it?

What size of iPad Pro do you get? Which applications are pre-loaded onto it?

For accepted students, have we been given a link or any instruction on logging in/using sonis? There was an email sent out from the registrar about a few days ago, but I was wondering if there were any other previous emails about it?
I did not see any other emails, but I figured out the ID is your student ID, and your pin is your birthday in the format of mmddyy

Hey!
How's the dress code there? The handbook seems to elude that you need to be in dress clothes for classes; is this the case in your experience?
What was your interest rate for loans (if you don't mind disclosing). Sali Mae approved me at 9% which I though was pretty darn high and am still waiting on WF.

Also a current student here. I can't speak to what the specific regulations are for females, but for males the dress code is essentially dress clothes minus the tie. This isn't just for lectures, but while you are on campus during the day. Most of us got used to it pretty quick and don't find it to be a big deal. I've grown to like it actually. From other students on campus, it seems like Sallie Mae always has had higher interest rates. I got a 6% from WF and like an 11% at Sallie Mae for my first year.

What size of iPad Pro do you get? Which applications are pre-loaded onto it?

They give you the smaller iPad Pro with the smart keyboard and apple pencil. The applications that are pre-loaded are primarily the ones that you will need to have as a student here (testing software, supplemental learning materials, etc.). You'll get this on your first day of orientation.

Theres an interest repayment option with Sallie Mae that allows one to pay monthly interest while still in school. It overall reduces the interest rate.

Has anyone been accepted off the medium priority waitlist yet?

Hey!

Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, do you know if you were on the high priority or medium priority waitlist?

Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, do you know if you were on the high priority or medium priority waitlist?

Hi there! I was not waitlisted. Was accepted after my interview in October.

I did not see any other emails, but I figured out the ID is your student ID, and your pin is your birthday in the format of mmddyy

They send another email about payments and schedule and mentioned SONIS again but they failed to mention what the website actually is.
I emailed the Registrar about the actual portal and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

They send another email about payments and schedule and mentioned SONIS again but they failed to mention what the website actually is.
I emailed the Registrar about the actual portal and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Right here!
Login with your student ID and make a new password. Just ask the system for a new password if you want to.

Since housing is covered in the COA, will we be paying rent through Sonis?

Since housing is covered in the COA, will we be paying rent through Sonis?
No, if you do student loans you'll be given the semester worth of living expenses on the first week of classes from the school. You'll then put this in your banking account and draw from it whenever you need to pay for rent. Hope this makes sense!

Hi I had a question regarding tattoos. I might have missed it in the handbook but I have a tattoo that covers most of my calf and another that goes from my shoulder to elbow. I was wondering if I have to cover the calf for OMT lab. Also, when we wear scrubs or the polos should the tattoo on my arm be covered? That bottom of my tattoo on my arm sticks out of shirts right above my elbow.

Has anyone on the medium priority list heard anything?

They give you the smaller iPad Pro with the smart keyboard and apple pencil. The applications that are pre-loaded are primarily the ones that you will need to have as a student here (testing software, supplemental learning materials, etc.). You'll get this on your first day of orientation.
Do you know if it is possible to trade it in for the 12.9 inch and pay the extra cost?