2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 12/18 heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed on 12/18 heard back?
Still waiting, the anticipation is killing me. It also doesn’t help that the first two Wednesdays after we interviewed were Christmas and New Years, so is this technically week two of waiting?

Still waiting, the anticipation is killing me. It also doesn’t help that the first two Wednesdays after we interviewed were Christmas and New Years, so is this technically week two of waiting?
I feel like it should still count as 4 out of 6 of the weeks possible weeks of wait

Members don't see this ad :)
is it normal for faculty and student interviewers to not respond to your thank you emails?
I got a response from Dr. Callahan and my faculty interviewer. He emailed to ask some clarifying questions about my application.

anyone have advice on how to stay sane during this waiting process?

Reactions: 1 user
Find another addiction :)
I bought a switch
Lol this is the way to cope - find something else. Learn to code in R, play sports, play video games, work, hang out with friends, binge watch a show, etc

I’m addicted to the dopamine rush of getting any singular unread email in my inbox

• Haha
Reactions: 37 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Try not to get addicted to working. 2 jobs, and when one closed for 6 weeks I took a temporary 4-week position at the cardiology clinic. Maybe a 3/10, do not recommend. Ya girl is tired. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get their financial aid award yet? I think the email from the office said they should start processing the applications towards the end of December...

1) do u have to pay the deposit in order for financial aid info to begin processing?
2) when is second look?

1) do u have to pay the deposit in order for financial aid info to begin processing?
2) when is second look?
Not sure about your first question, but the second look will be on April 16th and 17th, running from 3pm on Thursday until 3pm on Friday. This was posted today on the Class of 2024 Facebook page.

2) when is second look?
I believe you do have to pay deposit first because when I paid the deposit, they asked for things like your SSN and I don't think you can get access to the financial aid portal without "activating" your account by paying the deposit. But the deposit is refundable until April 30th, so no reason to not pay it especially if you want to secure your seat in the class

Is it right that the post-II acceptance rate is about 60%/ a little over 60% ? Interviewing here next week and could not be more excited!

Is it right that the post-II acceptance rate is about 60%/ a little over 60% ? Interviewing here next week and could not be more excited!
The numbers seem to suggest that. I'm sure you will do well and get in!

Closing in on 5 weeks post-interview (12/18) without any news, should I just treat this as a soft rejection or what?

Also did anyone go on the housing tour on interview day? Seems like it would be informative but didn't know if anyone else could say otherwise

Closing in on 5 weeks post-interview (12/18) without any news, should I just treat this as a soft rejection or what?
They still might call - its only 4 and they start making decisions at 3, I believe.

Tbh I don't know much of anything but I wouldn't write it off yet, maybe your interviewer hasn't been able to make it to a meeting or they're pretty backed up. Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 1 users
A!!!!! Just got the email! My phone isn't working right now so idk if she tried to call me, but i just randomly checked my email and it was there!

Edit: I interviewed 1/8

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
Accepted, Interviewed 12/11 :)
*Technically* in-state

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Interviewed 12/18. Got the call around 1:40pm today. From Missouri and go to U. of Missouri, Columbia.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
HPWL yesterday, interviewed 1/8

Reactions: 1 users
HPWL yesterday, interviewed 1/8
Do you know what and when the movement off the HPWL is like? As in, would one expect to hear before April, or is that unlikely scenario?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what and when the movement off the HPWL is like? As in, would one expect to hear before April, or is that unlikely scenario?

I believe it’s more likely for you to hear after april, or maybe even may due to the new traffic rules.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is there an accepted students facebook page?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is there an accepted students facebook page?
Yes! It’s called SKMC Class of 2024. You can also find it on the Jeff website under information for admitted students.

Accepted, Interviewed 12/11 :)
*Technically* in-state
Are you from Delaware or Pennsylvania? Asking because of the *technically* and SKMC's preference for Delaware residents.

Reactions: 2 users
Are you from Delaware or Pennsylvania? Asking because of the *technically* and SKMC's preference for Delaware residents.
Correct, I am a Delaware resident and was able to apply through DIMER.

For current students/anyone who knows, what is parking like at SKMC? Is it available to students? If so, does anyone know the monthly cost?