Jan 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
i recall dr callahan saying 4 weeks is the average in her opening presentation, so i wouldn't worry. especially since these threads are such a small sample size of overall applicants.
Yea she said almost everyone will hear by 4 weeks but it could be up to 6 so there’s plenty of time.

Sep 23, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
If I have an interview scheduled for march, does anyone if I hit the "reschedule" button on the portal if I will be able to see if there are any dates in February currently open without automatically losing my spot in march?

Jan 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
If I have an interview scheduled for march, does anyone if I hit the "reschedule" button on the portal if I will be able to see if there are any dates in February currently open without automatically losing my spot in march?
You will lose your spot if you hit reschedule. Luckily, my date was still available despite looking for other available dates.

About the Ads
Jan 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have any tips for the interview? I'll be interviewing this Wednesday, 2/5.

Jan 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Ms1 here, feel free to message me with any questions!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Are the student and faculty interviews open or closed? Also, any tips as I prep for interviews this Wednesday?

Oct 10, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Are the student and faculty interviews open or closed? Also, any tips as I prep for interviews this Wednesday?
Student interviews are closed, faculty are open. Just be yourself during your interview and you’ll be more than fine! No need fo be nervous or scared.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oct 17, 2019
Status
Does anyone know if updates take a while to be added to your file and if there anyway to confirm?
When I emailed an update to admissions they emailed me back the same day saying they received it and would update my file. Within a day or so my portal updated reflecting that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: springflower4567
About the Ads
Sep 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
When I emailed an update to admissions they emailed me back the same day saying they received it and would update my file. Within a day or so my portal updated reflecting that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
thank you so much! where in the portal did you see this update?

Jan 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
What are people's opinions on sending a 2nd update letter? The first one I sent was in mid-november and so far silence

About the Ads
Dec 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted today. Interviewed 1/22. Email mentioned being "High Priority". Does anyone know if this is common/ what my chances of getting off this list would be?

Jun 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted today. Interviewed 1/22. Email mentioned being "High Priority". Does anyone know if this is common/ what my chances of getting off this list would be?
Your chances are definitely higher than just being placed on the normal waitlist, but not sure how much of that list is eventually accepted

About the Ads
Nov 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I took notes on this during interview day, but I must have misplaced them. Does anyone know how much time is dedicated to Step 1 study at Jeff?

Oct 17, 2019
Status
When were you complete?
Complete on 7/10/19. Also send an ITA email on 1/28/20. I was hoping to interview around the same time as one I have scheduled in Boston but unfortunately there's no date available during that week.

Apr 2, 2019
Status
Does anyone know how the reimbursement works for second look? Do we need to provide them with copies of plane tickets or anything?

Reactions: vivalavida97
Nov 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know how the reimbursement works for second look? Do we need to provide them with copies of plane tickets or anything?
Would also like to know!

Nov 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
What weekend is second look?
April 16th and 17th. There will be an opening meeting and a social on Thursday at 3:30 to probably 6 or 7 and then on Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm there will be information meetings and such.

Reactions: Gleeful_Glia

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
II on Friday :) (complete in July, big update sent on Wednesday for those wondering)

If anybody stayed with and had a good experience with any particular student host please PM me who :)

Nov 30, 2018
Received an II Friday and I'm SUPER excited!! Right now I am scheduled for March 4th, but the Feb 19th date that was available works a lot better with my work schedule. If anybody ends up rescheduling/withdrawing on that date, and wouldn't mind letting me know I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Nov 30, 2018
Received an II Friday and I'm SUPER excited!! Right now I am scheduled for March 4th, but the Feb 19th date that was available works a lot better with my work schedule. If anybody ends up rescheduling/withdrawing on that date, and wouldn't mind letting me know I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!
Also, would it be bad if I emailed to ask if they could let me know if a spot opened up? Thank you!

About the Ads