2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is insane. You interviewed last year, were put on HPWL, and they wanted to interview you again, only to be put on HPWL? I truly don't understand what the admissions committees thought processes areon this sometimes.... smh.
You know, I was feeling pretty down but then I saw your comment, and the ppl who liked the comment, and felt understood, supported, and loved by this community. Thanks guys! ;_; I don’t understand what’s going on either

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
You know, I was feeling pretty down but then I saw your comment, and the ppl who liked the comment, and felt understood, supported, and loved by this community. Thanks guys! ;_; I don’t understand what’s going on either
Keep going! It doesn't reflect your worth. Everyone knows this selection process is incredibly outdated...

Reactions: 2 users
Applied back in July, still haven't heard anything back at all even after sending an update letter in January...not really sure what to think :/
Is there still a chance I could get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
The pre-interview wait is killing me (I have to wait for three weeks)...I wish I could interview like, tomorrow. Does anyone know what the 1-1 faculty interview is like? Are they researchers in the med school or are they physicians? I would appreciate it if I can DM someone about the interview experience.

Applied back in July, still haven't heard anything back at all even after sending an update letter in January...not really sure what to think :/
Is there still a chance I could get an interview?
you still have a chance until mid-March for an II. They interview until first week of April

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
The pre-interview wait is killing me (I have to wait for three weeks)...I wish I could interview like, tomorrow. Does anyone know what the 1-1 faculty interview is like? Are they researchers in the med school or are they physicians? I would appreciate it if I can DM someone about the interview experience.
they're all physicians! some do research. most are in family med and general surgery

you find out who interviews you 30 mins before it

Reactions: 1 user
I had a PhD...he is the director of the MD anatomy course, interviews a great deal of students, and he was my best interviewer so far.

just committed to jeff, excited to meet everyone soon : )

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For accepted students day, who all goes to the “Office of Diversity and Inclusion Lunch”? The program is advertised to start at 3:30pm (after the lunch)?¿

Kinda confused on the interview schedule. On the school website it says interview activities are done at 3pm, and then theres an optional meet and greet. On my applicant portal, it says that activities go until 4 and then theres an optional housing tour. Does anyone have insight on this, and if it is expected we stay for optional things? Or do most people leave? Trying to plan travel!

Kinda confused on the interview schedule. On the school website it says interview activities are done at 3pm, and then theres an optional meet and greet. On my applicant portal, it says that activities go until 4 and then theres an optional housing tour. Does anyone have insight on this, and if it is expected we stay for optional things? Or do most people leave? Trying to plan travel!
Interviews will be over at 3. Everybody convenes for a cookie hour with the deans/director of admissions and current students come and speak to the students in an informal gathering from 3-4. During this time there are optional diversity sessions and housing tours that will be announced and students can leave in groups to attend them. I was done a little after 4 since I stayed talking to some of the students until the very end, but students are welcome to leave once their interview is complete or only stay for a portion of the cookie hour. They know students have planes and trains to catch.

anyone complete the federally required entrance interview about student loans?

I received the institutional aid from Jeff. I was wondering when we would be able to apply for GradPlus loans for the remaining amount that we did not get from Jeff? Does anyone generally know when the application will be available or when we should be applying?

So a trend from this thread is decisions usually come on Wednesdays since that's when they have their committee meetings each time? Please correct me hahah

any current students here? does anyone know if Jeff ranks students at all? I know its P/F preclinical

any current students here? does anyone know if Jeff ranks students at all? I know its P/F preclinical
There was an internal rank when I was there to determine which "third" of the class of you were for purposes of AOA and dean's letters. If I recall correctly, however, they are doing away with this... Maybe a current student can verify for me.

being impatient... any insight regarding financial aid packages? for example, my EFC is around 18k. wondering if anyone had something similar and could speak to what the financial aid package looked like

@ymalik2024 im in the same boat! last year's thread said that they had interview invites going until the first half of april so i think there's still hope!

Anyone who has been offered an interview lately know how many dates are left?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who has been offered an interview lately know how many dates are left?

Last time I checked, there were two dates left in late March. But they schedule interview as late as mid-April I think, so I believe there are still some spots left!!! (Fingers crossed it won’t be affected by Covid-19 T_T)

I've heard of some Second Look programs being canceled because of COVID-19 concerns. Any word on that for SKMC?

I'm starting to think this school is a figment of my imagination...haven't heard a word since July.

Reactions: 10 users
I have a few schools like that. Never got so much as a complete email lol

At this point I'm just taking bets on if the rejection email will start with "It is with great regret" or "We are grateful to have received your application"

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nice! can I ask your stats? HPWL here and just getting a sense of how they are rolling out the rest of the acceptances.
Yeah no problem! LM 67 IS with connections to Jeff. You can PM me if you have any other questions!

Reactions: 1 users