2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I sent an update to the dean, They emailed back saying all the spots were filled

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I guess they're just finalizing the class now? When was the last interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
was this a change due to coronavirus? for some reason I thought it went through April
I don't know, but I was told by the admission people that that's the last date . I was also told that the campus is closed and both 18th and 25th interviews will be conducted over FaceTime.

If I had my interview on 3/4, is it too early to send a letter of interest? It seems like SKMC likes communication, but I feel like this might be overkill lol.

If I had my interview on 3/4, is it too early to send a letter of interest? It seems like SKMC likes communication, but I feel like this might be overkill lol.
It's up to you, but just to add my experience, last year I sent a Letter of Intent like a day or two after the interview. I ultimately got HPWL two weeks later. It's up to you but it didn't help my case to send one right away. This time I waited until I got HPWL and then waited two more weeks before I sent a Letter of Intent. Will let you know if that does anything!

I sent a thank you letter the afternoon of my interview to dean Callahan and my faculty interviewer. She responded with a personal note like 20 minutes later. My faculty interviewer responded the next day and even asked some clarifying questions about our interview. I got the acceptance two weeks later.

Based on how random the results seem to be, I don't know if it makes much difference, but it sure seemed to work for me.

Dr. Callahan responded to my post-interview email very nicely. Neither the student interviewer nor faculty interviewer responded. I was put on the HPWL 2 weeks later.

I've been told there will be movement off of the HPWL beginning April 30th.

Dr. Callahan responded to my post-interview email very nicely. Neither the student interviewer nor faculty interviewer responded. I was put on the HPWL 2 weeks later.

I've been told there will be movement off of the HPWL beginning April 30th.
Hi Liblib, did someone from the admission committee tell you that about April 30th? Thanks.

Hi Liblib, did someone from the admission committee tell you that about April 30th? Thanks.
Applicants across the US medical schools need to inform their committment to one medical school by that date. When I called over to admissions a few weeks ago, they mentioned that this is when they start reviewing the HPWL candidates.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So, in summary, it looks like they are cutting interview season short, with the last round taking place virtually next Wednesday, 3/25. Perhaps this bodes well for all of us on the WL (fewer people with whom we are competing for a seat).

To everyone in the thread, has anyone been pulled off of the HPWL yet this cycle (or for current students, did anyone get off the list before the end of interviews, or before the April 30th traffic law date? I know that policy is newer...)

nb. my username is not my real name--thanks to those who warned me about that, though!

So, in summary, it looks like they are cutting interview season short, with the last round taking place virtually next Wednesday, 3/25. Perhaps this bodes well for all of us on the WL (fewer people with whom we are competing for a seat).

To everyone in the thread, has anyone been pulled off of the HPWL yet this cycle (or for current students, did anyone get off the list before the end of interviews, or before the April 30th traffic law date? I know that policy is newer...)

nb. my username is not my real name--thanks to those who warned me about that, though!

could they have possibly just scheduled more virtual interviews? Not tryna to be a Debbie downer it’s just my anxiety is at an all time high rn on HPWL.

On the TJU site that they send you an ID and Pin to, do we need to click on the "Enrollment Confirmation" link and go through those steps to hold our seat?

Has anyone completed the "Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN), but is still getting an email from Jeff that it is incomplete? I've filled it out 2 times now to make sure it's completed, but it's still marked as incomplete. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Has anyone completed the "Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN), but is still getting an email from Jeff that it is incomplete? I've filled it out 2 times now to make sure it's completed, but it's still marked as incomplete. Is anyone else having a similar issue?
Yeah, I've had the exact same issue

Anyone have any rough data of how many people are probably on the HPWL, and how much movement probably comes from it?

Anyone have any rough data of how many people are probably on the HPWL, and how much movement probably comes from it?

I wish I had an answer for you. I find it interesting that Jefferson now gives students until June 29th to accept/deny admission. Do you think this affects anything for the WL applicants? Those students will have to give notice to the other schools by April 30th, which makes me think that is more of the defining date for finalizing the #s of regular accepted applicants.

Does anyone know around what time they reach out about admissions decisions?

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard nothing from SKMC since my application submission. Given what I am reading on this thread about last interviews being this week over Facetime, I take it they don't send a rejection to let me know?

I have heard nothing from SKMC since my application submission. Given what I am reading on this thread about last interviews being this week over Facetime, I take it they don't send a rejection to let me know?
If I understand correctly, they are done interviewing because of COVID-19.

Just got the HPWL email. Devastated. Interviewed 3/4 trying to keep my hopes up

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Posted mere hours ago to say I hadn't heard back since submission. Got my response now. It's officially a no from SKMC.

Is the "high priority" part of the wait list just their way of making the wait list more exciting/hopeful?

Is the "high priority" part of the wait list just their way of making the wait list more exciting/hopeful?
I've heard almost all interviewed candidates, if not accepted, are put on the WL. I'm not sure there's a difference between HPWL and WL.

I've heard almost all interviewed candidates, if not accepted, are put on the WL. I'm not sure there's a difference between HPWL and WL.
Do you know what the rate of post-interview acceptance is?

Do you know what the rate of post-interview acceptance is?
According to the google sheet that was being passed around SDN a couple of months ago, SKMC interviews about 750 and accepts around 450, so about 60%. I don't know if that number changes much throughout the cycle, but you've got pretty good chances!

Here is the spreadsheet. It was compiled by "The Data King", formerly "Limeyguydr." It just compiles the data from US News and World Report:

R about 30 minutes ago. Good luck to everyone!

Finally got the rejection. Knew it was coming, but disappointed nonetheless.

I haven't done the MPN yet but I did to the Entrance Interview and still marked incomplete/getting emails about it.

Does anyone have Jefferson's 2020 match list and does anyone know their general match rate? Thanks!

Here you go!

Attachments

• Match 2020.SKMC MatchList.pdf
    187.8 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: 4 users