2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone been told they completed their MPN for financial aid? I completed mine but I am still receiving emails saying that Jeff hasn't received it

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone been told they completed their MPN for financial aid? I completed mine but I am still receiving emails saying that Jeff hasn't received it
Yeah I kept getting those too, despite having finished it already. I emailed them and they said I was all good.

Members don't see this ad :)
post-interview on 3/25 and the wait is already killing me :scared:

• Hmm
Quick question for any current students: I know that for some med schools it is against their policies/rules for students to have any job during the academic year - is this the case for SKMC too?

I poked around but didn't see anything that addressed it, but wasn't sure if I was just looking in the wrong place?

I got a call from a 267 number this morning and it was jefferson, but when I called back it redirected to an automated voice that gave me a choice between SKMC, TJU, and application status. Any idea what this could be? Voicemail was full so they couldnt leave one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a call from a 267 number this morning and it was jefferson, but when I called back it redirected to an automated voice that gave me a choice between SKMC, TJU, and application status. Any idea what this could be? Voicemail was full so they couldnt leave one.
I'd email

I thought they only sent out decisions on Wednesdays?
I’m on the HPWL.... which I thought didn’t start moving until April 30. I’m confused!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just made this acct to start posting here. I interviewed 2/26 and absolutely fell in love with the school. I know on our interview day they said 2-4 weeks (and the website says 1-6), however this was pre-corona so not sure how that might have affected the timeline. I know they said the last ad com meeting is 4/15, so will have to hear back soon, but I would be lying if I said I'm not freaking out being on week 5 after hearing nothing and interviewing late in the cycle. I saw in earlier posts that some people from interviews after me had heard back with a result so wondering if they are just keeping my app to the side? no news is good news maybe :/

Do you they still meet as a committee past April 15 to make wait list decisions? Wondering if this date is just for the “normal” cycle or if they actually don’t reconvene to decide who gets off HPWL
I think they start looking at HPWL after April 30 and it can happen any day!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you they still meet as a committee past April 15 to make wait list decisions? Wondering if this date is just for the “normal” cycle or if they actually don’t reconvene to decide who gets off HPWL

They said last meeting is April 15th, they had 3 interview days left after mine so I interpreted that as finalizing the class numbers based on these last interviews. I think they will start meeting about HPWL after April 30th, but that I heard/read about that so not 100% sure.

Quick question for any current students: I know that for some med schools it is against their policies/rules for students to have any job during the academic year - is this the case for SKMC too?

I poked around but didn't see anything that addressed it, but wasn't sure if I was just looking in the wrong place?
I think you can have a part-time job there (I'm not a current student tho btw)
I just made this acct to start posting here. I interviewed 2/26 and absolutely fell in love with the school. I know on our interview day they said 2-4 weeks (and the website says 1-6), however this was pre-corona so not sure how that might have affected the timeline. I know they said the last ad com meeting is 4/15, so will have to hear back soon, but I would be lying if I said I'm not freaking out being on week 5 after hearing nothing and interviewing late in the cycle. I saw in earlier posts that some people from interviews after me had heard back with a result so wondering if they are just keeping my app to the side? no news is good news maybe :/
I heard back with an A after 5 weeks, so don't give up hope!

• Love
I thought they only sent out decisions on Wednesdays?
Seems like the past couple weeks they have been sending out decisions on both Wednesday and Thursday. Didn't seem like anyone heard yesterday based on this thread... I think with the pandemic some adcoms are getting thrown off of the normal routine.

At the same time, i still don’t know whether i got an A or it was just a mistake!
Yea that's odd they didn't give more info over the call. I would check the application portal and your email to see if they corresponded with you in other ways. It would make sense that if they didn't tell you over the phone then they wouldn't likely email.

Additionally, I would email and just state that you missed a phone call earlier today from their number but didn't receive a voice mail and wanted to follow up via email.

Seems like the past couple weeks they have been sending out decisions on both Wednesday and Thursday. Didn't seem like anyone heard yesterday based on this thread... I think with the pandemic some adcoms are getting thrown off of the normal routine.

Yeah, that makes sense...I bet it's not easy to have the committee meeting online lol

Oh that's so disappointing! In the same HPWL boat. Definitely got my hopes up!
Agreed, its been a long application year, but the committee must be under so much strain right now. Who knows how they are going to conduct the next month of sorting out the class.

@bunzene24

I didn't get a call until 5-6 weeks after. If you're really concerned, I would check the portal for your status once a week, but don't bother them with calls/emails for another 3+ weeks. I imagine corona is making things difficult right now.

your location right now.... :claps:

Reactions: 2 users
@--Gem @Gleeful_Glia

Thank you guys! this makes me feel a bit better. Quarantine is making this cycle feel longer than ever and I needed a bit of hope.

No status update on portal, I sent Thank You's to my interviewers the day of and a note to Dr. C a few days after that was a very short Thank you and that I loved the program (got a very nice message back but based on earlier posts, that does not determine the outcome). This is really soft, but I cried on the way home from this interview because I loved it so much it instantly became my top choice and I want to go here so badly. Fingers crossed for next Wednesday!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone still not had their MPN marked as complete?

I received the institutional aid from Jeff. I was wondering when we would be able to apply for GradPlus loans for the remaining amount that we did not get from Jeff? Does anyone generally know when the application will be available or when we should be applying?
If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by institutional aid from Jeff? Is that loans, or some other version of a scholarship?

Anyone know when we will starting hear back about financial aid packages, etc.?!

Still haven't heard back and have been working on financial aid stuff since Jan.

Has anyone completed the "Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN), but is still getting an email from Jeff that it is incomplete? I've filled it out 2 times now to make sure it's completed, but it's still marked as incomplete. Is anyone else having a similar issue?
Yeah, I've had the exact same issue
also having the same issue, i emailed them asking about it waiting to hear back
Yeah I kept getting those too, despite having finished it already. I emailed them and they said I was all good.
Has anyone still not had their MPN marked as complete?

Looks like a ton of us are having this same issue. I shoulda checked here before I emailed them twice! But anyway, I emailed them and they said not to worry about it and that it should update, then I got the same email again after that saying it was incomplete so I emailed again and attached my MPN as a PDF and they still gave me vague responses of "not to worry about it," then a few days later I got the same automated incomplete MPN email! With the amount of other people having this issue, I think it's safe to assume that this is a glitch. I'm just wondering if there is anyone on here who has NOT had this happen to them? Thanks

Has anyone spoken to financial aid office lately? Wondering if they seem to be running behind w working remotely due to COVID

I am also wondering this too, and I'm assuming they are. I've emailed them a few times about my "missing" MPN (similar to the above posters) and have gotten some generic responses, if you consider that "hearing back"

This is a good question. I know there have been a ton of people who have NOT had it marked as complete, but did anyone actually have it marked as complete? including people who have already received their awards? Thanks all

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Jefferson ever matches merit scholarships?

Still haven't heard back and have been working on financial aid stuff since Jan.

Looks like a ton of us are having this same issue. I shoulda checked here before I emailed them twice! But anyway, I emailed them and they said not to worry about it and that it should update, then I got the same email again after that saying it was incomplete so I emailed again and attached my MPN as a PDF and they still gave me vague responses of "not to worry about it," then a few days later I got the same automated incomplete MPN email! With the amount of other people having this issue, I think it's safe to assume that this is a glitch. I'm just wondering if there is anyone on here who has NOT had this happen to them? Thanks

I am also wondering this too, and I'm assuming they are. I've emailed them a few times about my "missing" MPN (similar to the above posters) and have gotten some generic responses, if you consider that "hearing back"

This is a good question. I know there have been a ton of people who have NOT had it marked as complete, but did anyone actually have it marked as complete? including people who have already received their awards? Thanks all
Mine is marked as complete. But I haven’t gotten my award yet.

My parents' neighbor is a SKMC alum. He told them he didn't get the call until late June/early July. Hard to hear, but also good to know all hope isn't lost come the middle of June.

My parents' neighbor is a SKMC alum. He told them he didn't get the call until late June/early July. Hard to hear, but also good to know all hope isn't lost come the middle of June.

Are your referring to HPWL notifications?

Happy ~*AdCom Wednesday*~ everyone! Good luck! Hope some of us get some good news!

Reactions: 5 users
Happy ~*AdCom Wednesday*~ everyone! Good luck! Hope some of us get some good news!

Good luck everyone who's waiting! Is this the last Wednesday they will be looking at the pool of current applicants?

Good luck everyone who's waiting! Is this the last Wednesday they will be looking at the pool of current applicants?

They told us in pre-corona times that April 15th would be the last adcom meeting. 6 weeks post interview and no word for me yet today.

Reactions: 4 users
They told us in pre-corona times that April 15th would be the last adcom meeting. 6 weeks post interview and no word for me yet today.
This happened to me last admissions season, and I just emailed Dr. C at the 4 week mark and asked if I possibly missed an email or something. She was super nice about it and let me know it was actually their spring break and that I should hear back by the following week (which I did and got in!) The corona situation is definitely different from my situation though, but I don't think it would hurt to email, especially since it's been 6 weeks. It might even be a great chance for you to reiterate your interest in Jeff and put your name back at the front of their radar! I wouldn't think anything of the delay though, it's most likely that your interviewer has been super busy with clinical work these last few weeks and hasn't gotten around to writing up their report to the adcom yet. Good luck to you all!

This happened to me last admissions season, and I just emailed Dr. C at the 4 week mark and asked if I possibly missed an email or something. She was super nice about it and let me know it was actually their spring break and that I should hear back by the following week (which I did and got in!) The corona situation is definitely different from my situation though, but I don't think it would hurt to email, especially since it's been 6 weeks. It might even be a great chance for you to reiterate your interest in Jeff and put your name back at the front of their radar! I wouldn't think anything of the delay though, it's most likely that your interviewer has been super busy with clinical work these last few weeks and hasn't gotten around to writing up their report to the adcom yet. Good luck to you all!

WOW. Thank you so much for this,I needed it. I was going to email tomorrow (but should I email Dr. C directly or the admissions email?) and also now that you're mentioning the faculty interviewer being busy, mine was a critical care pulmonary doc so I can imagine being busy right now...

I would caution you on this. Spring break is a bit different than this severe pandemic. People's loved ones are getting sick and ill, and the psychological tool that comes from seeing and living this situation in the hospitals is a level of stress many physicians are describing as unlike anything they've ever seen. At minimum, they are under a lot of pressure trying to navigate maintaining the safety of current student for the remainder of the school year. I live in Philly and we are particularly being hit hard given the severe levels of poverty in the city. It's a really devastating time for a lot of people.

Think of things from their end - they may see it as, with everything going on, it should go without being said that COVID is going to cause some admissions delays.... Yes, their class is very important to them and it doesn't mean they don't care about their students, but this is sincerely the very least of their concerns right now.

Your feelings are still 100% valid, but I would just consider the risk of rubbing people the wrong way given the high levels of sensitivity currently.

I would caution you on this. Spring break is a bit different than this severe pandemic. People's loved ones are getting sick and ill, and the psychological tool that comes from seeing and living this situation in the hospitals is a level of stress many physicians are describing as unlike anything they've ever seen. At minimum, they are under a lot of pressure trying to navigate maintaining the safety of current student for the remainder of the school year. I live in Philly and we are particularly being hit hard given the severe levels of poverty in the city. It's a really devastating time for a lot of people.

Think of things from their end - they may see it as, with everything going on, it should go without being said that COVID is going to cause some admissions delays.... Yes, their class is very important to them and it doesn't mean they don't care about their students, but this is sincerely the very least of their concerns right now.

Your feelings are still 100% valid, but I would just consider the risk of rubbing people the wrong way given the high levels of sensitivity currently.

I agree with this and stressed over it last night but ultimately sent an email this morning. I am from Philly as well with family working in hospitals downtown so totally understand the vibe, how admissions is definitely on the back burner, and how my message could come across.

It was very brief, acknowledging that a delay was totally expected but I just wanted to make sure everything was okay/I hadn’t missed anything. And again, that I love this school with all my heart.

Got a prompt and very nice response, confirmed that next week is still the last Adcom meeting, so to everyone out there who is still waiting: next Wednesday will be it :) I hope that by posting this update we can reduce the amount of emails that might be sent so they are not overwhelmed. Thank you everyone for your input!

Reactions: 4 users
I agree with this and stressed over it last night but ultimately sent an email this morning. I am from Philly as well with family working in hospitals downtown so totally understand the vibe, how admissions is definitely on the back burner, and how my message could come across.

It was very brief, acknowledging that a delay was totally expected but I just wanted to make sure everything was okay/I hadn’t missed anything. And again, that I love this school with all my heart.

Got a prompt and very nice response, confirmed that next week is still the last Adcom meeting, so to everyone out there who is still waiting: next Wednesday will be it :) I hope that by posting this update we can reduce the amount of emails that might be sent so they are not overwhelmed. Thank you everyone for your input!

I just wanted to shed some insight onto the local situation but glad you had some of this already and were able to make a decision that felt right - the ambiguity of this process is what makes it so tough! Best of luck with everything and I hope you get in :)

Thanks for the info!! Good luck to everyone waiting.

For incoming Jefferson students:

I'm an outgoing Jefferson MD fellow with a fabulous 1 bedroom apartment a block away from Jefferson. Perfect for Jeff med student as most other tenants are also Jeff (residents, fellows, etc). Please contact me via the email address on Craigslist.

I was able to match.
What was the timeline of them matching your scholarship offer, if you don’t mind me asking?

I got accepted in early Jan, sent in all my fin aid documents by end of Jan and then Fin Aid stopped responding/following up with me in mid-February. Never received any aid package of any kind.

I’ve sent a couple follow up emails to the fin aid person I spoke with and to the office in general and have heard nothing back in 2 months now :(

What was the timeline of them matching your scholarship offer, if you don’t mind me asking?

I got accepted in early Jan, sent in all my fin aid documents by end of Jan and then Fin Aid stopped responding/following up with me in mid-February. Never received any aid package of any kind.

I’ve sent a couple follow up emails to the fin aid person I spoke with and to the office in general and have heard nothing back in 2 months now :(
Ill PM you

Is there a Facebook group for accepted students or anything like that