kwabena

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2017
It's the Westin Pasadena, just down the road (they also provide a shuttle to take you to the interview the next morning)
Wow that's very nice. When i dropped by in June, they were still under construction. Are they almost done? Will be in Pasadena this weekend so might check it out.

Jul 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Wow that's very nice. When i dropped by in June, they were still under construction. Are they almost done? Will be in Pasadena this weekend so might check it out.
They won't be done till late winter/spring I believe; we were not given a tour of the facility due to liability concerns but saw a virtual flythrough video of what it will look like when complete.

perfect weather

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I just got an II today and there is now an option on my portal to upload documents. Do I assume an update via the portal is ok prior to my interview or....?
did you get an email informing you of your II?

doa718

2+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I just got an II today and there is now an option on my portal to upload documents. Do I assume an update via the portal is ok prior to my interview or....?
I’d wait if I were you lol let them tell your group that it’s ok and then do it

Jan 8, 2018
Yep. The earliest interview date was October 17th and I clicked a little bit past that and didn't see anything. Snatched the spot up shortly after.
Congrats!!!

Thank goodness they’re not scheduling January! This gives me hope!

EmbryonalCarcinoma

Good luck, everyone!
Feb 26, 2019
So is it safe to say that they're still going through July applications for IIs?
They definitely don’t review chronologically. I was complete 6/30 and when I contacted them recently for an unrelated reason they told me my application hasn’t been reviewed yet.

May 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Based on the stats of people getting an invite I wonder how holistic are they viewing applicants lol
I think judging by the complete date assortment, they may be doing something similar to other schools where they sort through high stat applicants apps first and then get to us lower tier folks. So it can be that they arent even entertaining it but I tend to think they stratify their in some manner rather than going the fully random route

Aug 26, 2018
It may be possible that they are going through high stats people first since they want to compete with the Harvards, etc. Then once they fill the spots they want to fill with people of those stats, they'll move on to us lower stats people. I know for sure that they are not looking to fill the entire 48 student class with high stats. They are definitely looking to get a diverse (in many ways) class. Here's to hoping us lower end folks hear some good news soon!!

Jan 8, 2018
I think judging by the complete date assortment, they may be doing something similar to other schools where they sort through high stat applicants apps first and then get to us lower tier folks. So it can be that they arent even entertaining it but I tend to think they stratify their in some manner rather than going the fully random route
As long as they actually get to the rest of us :(

Jan 8, 2018
what are your stats? i feel like we applied to all the same schools :oops:
514 mcat, super nontraditional. With your LM, I don't know if you can be considered "lower stats" lol.

Reactions: EmbryonalCarcinoma
Jun 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
514 mcat, super nontraditional. With your LM, I don't know if you can be considered "lower stats" lol.
oh sorry! i didn't mean to imply that I was, i was just curious since i see you on all the same threads haha. wishing you luck!

Jan 8, 2018
oh sorry! i didn't mean to imply that I was, i was just curious since i see you on all the same threads haha. wishing you luck!
Thanks! Same to you!

Cornfed101

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Got the following email:

Thank you for submitting your secondary application to the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine (KPSOM)!

As a new medical school, KPSOM is committed to increasing scientific knowledge that might improve future students’ medical education experiences, health and well-being, career development, and societal impact. We are currently building an ongoing repository of potential study participants for future medical education research studies. We invite you to participate in the repository by clicking on the link below.

Jul 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Some absolute maniac of a PI convinced the admissions office to send him the list of applicants, then promptly sent out an email blast looking for volunteers for a study.

Look, as someone who values training opportunities for cardiologist and who values scaring people; I'm more excited to hopefully attend knowing they have no qualms about instigating heart attacks across the US like that.

Jul 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah what is this? Is this a test? If I don’t participate will it be viewed negatively?
-"So how would you say the stress of the cycle is aff-"

"I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND KPSOM BECAUSE I ALSO VALUE DIVERSITY"

-"Sir, this is separate from -"

"I WAS THE LEADER OF A PREMED GROUP THAT CAMPAIGNED FOR CHEAPER BETA BLOCKERS DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND AMONGST THIS GROUP. I CAN SEND YOU AN UPDATE LETTER WITH RESULTS"

-"Capture.PNG

Mar 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
-"So how would you say the stress of the cycle is aff-"

"I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND KPSOM BECAUSE I ALSO VALUE DIVERSITY"

-"Sir, this is separate from -"

"I WAS THE LEADER OF A PREMED GROUP THAT CAMPAIGNED FOR CHEAPER BETA BLOCKERS DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND AMONGST THIS GROUP. I CAN SEND YOU AND UPDATE LETTER WITH RESULTS"

-"View attachment 280183
Im dying:rofl:

Reactions: doctor_coffee