2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To the people who interviewed here: when did they say they would give you decisions? October 15th?
They didn't give us a date but it sounds like they'll be sending out acceptances later in the cycle due to the large influx of apps they need to get through

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
To the people who interviewed here: when did they say they would give you decisions? October 15th?
They said earliest is Oct 15th but they’d send them out on a rolling basis. They hinted that the earlier you interviewed the earlier you’d probably hear back

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I haven't even received a confirmation from Kaiser that my application has been received. I submitted earlier this month, application is verified and I took my MCAT august 17th so my score is already out. Should i be concerned and maybe contact them or is this wait time typical? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I haven't even received a confirmation from Kaiser that my application has been received. I submitted earlier this month, application is verified and I took my MCAT august 17th so my score is already out. Should i be concerned and maybe contact them or is this wait time typical? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Are you sure your LORs are in?

Yes, i have 5 in and only one is pending. would that make a difference?
As long as you've sent in (and they've received) the minimum number of LORs they require, you should be good to go. Just to clarify, did you get a "secondary application submitted" email? Are you complete on the portal? As long as those two things happened, you should be good to go.

Did anyone receive a "complete" email that was different from the submitted confirmation email?

As long as you've sent in (and they've received) the minimum number of LORs they require, you should be good to go. Just to clarify, did you get a "secondary application submitted" email? Are you complete on the portal? As long as those two things happened, you should be good to go.

Did anyone receive a "complete" email that was different from the submitted confirmation email?
I haven't received any kind of email from Kaiser at all. I was assuming that they would send out an automatic email stating that they had received the application followed by a secondary application email. I don't even have a portal.

I haven't received any kind of email from Kaiser at all. I was assuming that they would send out an automatic email stating that they had received the application followed by a secondary application email. I don't even have a portal.
Oh sorry, I misread. I thought you were talking about a secondary application confirmation email or something. Email or call them. I'm pretty sure they aren't screening and everyone gets a secondary. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

So, it's possible they are waiting for the MCAT. It looks like August 17th test date has a September 17th release date. While this information goes to AMCAS right away (you should verify it is there), Kaiser may not pull the information and send secondaries right away. They may only do it once a week. I have had schools take a few weeks to receive it (one school has been nearly 2 months with no word on the secondary).

Pending LOR means youre incomplete on you're end.
That's only true if they don't have the minimum already sent. For example, if a school requires 3, and they have 3 sent and 1 pending, they'd still be considered complete.

So, it's possible they are waiting for the MCAT. It looks like August 17th test date has a September 17th release date. While this information goes to AMCAS right away (you should verify it is there), Kaiser may not pull the information and send secondaries right away. They may only do it once a week. I have had schools take a few weeks to receive it (one school has been nearly 2 months with no word on the secondary).
ok thank you! but don't the send out a general email stating that they received your application and then send secondaries?

ok thank you! but don't the send out a general email stating that they received your application and then send secondaries?
If you can wait a few days, don't send it. If you want it ASAP, you might get it a little sooner? It's really up to you. They won't penalize you for emailing them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any east coasters received interview invites yet? I'm curious if it seems like they are mostly starting with more local areas
I’m pretty sure east coasters / oos people have gotten interviews. All we know is that they want diversity, we don’t know anything else because we’re the first cycle.

I’m pretty sure east coasters / oos people have gotten interviews. All we know is that they want diversity, we don’t know anything else because we’re the first cycle.

Yup I’m in the Midwest and received an interview. It even says on the secondary website they’re giving no preference to Cali residents

For people who received interview invites would any of you be open to sharing your stats (GPA's and MCAT score)? Thank you

Has KP sent out any Rs yet? is it just between II or silence?

Maybe someone has already posted something earlier but I missed it

For people who received interview invites would any of you be open to sharing your stats (GPA's and MCAT score)? Thank you

3.85/515, with heavy research experience (2 pubs from basic science labs, poster at national conference, now working in clinical trials) but lackluster community service. honestly surprised i got an II, but I am really, really interested in health system sciences/informatics/policy work and I think that is probably attractive to them. Good luck!

Yup I’m in the Midwest and received an interview. It even says on the secondary website they’re giving no preference to Cali residents

So odd considering they only have KP in Cali. Thought it would be a feeder program. I have been suspecting that they are trying to expand out of California though, they've had some national advertisements and other things.

So odd considering they only have KP in Cali. Thought it would be a feeder program. I have been suspecting that they are trying to expand out of California though, they've had some national advertisements and other things.

Kaiser has hospitals in Colorado, Hawaii, DC, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Oregon, and Washington.

Reactions: 9 users
1569446736970.png

• Haha
Reactions: 34 users

.... Kaiser is in more than just California

Calm down everyone. @imbesrs was being sarcastic. That’s what the “/s” means. They aren’t done interviewing.

Yeah, no...nobody actually knows that they are done with IIs. Their secondary deadline is Nov 3, so you're fine.

Oh okay, nice because I won't be receiving my MCAT score until October 15th (extremely late and seems pointless I know but I'm going for it anyways).

I dont know why people are trolling but it is too early to be done with II lmfaooo.

Lol haha, nice. I think they go up to October 3rd though dont they?
I think the CASPers may, but when you select all the schools you are applying to, it gives you all the test dates that would still be on time for the schools you apply for. Sept 26 was both my earliest and latest possible test. :-/

do not panic. calmly withdraw your apps from here people! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Hey friends-
Would anyone who interviewed or is familiar with the area be able to comment on the cheapest/best way to get from LAX airport to the westin pasadena hotel? I'm flying in at night, and driving by myself isn't an option so I can't do a car rental..
Thanks!

Hey friends-
Would anyone who interviewed or is familiar with the area be able to comment on the cheapest/best way to get from LAX airport to the westin pasadena hotel? I'm flying in at night, and driving by myself isn't an option so I can't do a car rental..
Thanks!

Flyaway to metro is pretty cheap. Just be prepared for every LA resident at the interview rolling their eyes at you for using public transportation lol

Flyaway to metro is pretty cheap. Just be prepared for every LA resident at the interview rolling their eyes at you for using public transportation lol
Flyaway is great. Metro is also great, especially if the poster isn't old enough to rent a car.

Does this school accept updates to your application? If so what is the appropriate way to send them in?

• Sad
Did anyone interview yet? I'm interviewing soon and was wondering what type of questions they ask!