2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Was this problem resolved for you? I am having the same issue and contacted the school. Got a response from an admissions counselor who confirmed that my application is complete and awaiting review.
Nope not resolved but I also got the same email from an admissions counselor. I guess it's okay since our apps are considered complete on their end.

Reactions: 1 user
3.8/521 OOS, verified 06/29, no secondary. Guess I was screened out at this point :/?

3.8/521 OOS, verified 06/29, no secondary. Guess I was screened out at this point :/?
OOS, GPA/MCAT <<<<yours and complete 6/30. How they review apps is beyond me! Also, it is still early!!

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone is curious, the reason I have not received a secondary is because I took my MCAT in April 2017 and the oldest score they accept is July 2017... Don't think I'm going to be retaking the MCAT just for one school so best of luck to everyone who got the opportunity to interview!

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone is curious, the reason I have not received a secondary is because I took my MCAT in April 2017 and the oldest score they accept is July 2017... Don't think I'm going to be retaking the MCAT just for one school so best of luck to everyone who got the opportunity to interview!
I would email them and see if they can make an exception.

So I replied to the adcoms saying I will not be retaking the MCAT.... and they just gave me the secondary! I should have contacted them earlier but surprised how easy that was!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Low Stats. IS. Application was verified: 07/18
Secondary received: 07/18 (Thought I submitted on 7/18 but the application got stuck- make sure to check and recheck!)
Secondary submitted: 07/30 :vomit: (so stressed about this)

• Wow
Low Stats. IS. Application was verified: 07/18
Secondary received: 07/18 (Thought I submitted on 7/18 but the application got stuck- make sure to check and recheck!)
Secondary submitted: 07/30 :vomit: (so stressed about this)

Don't despair, people are still receiving secondaries. I'm sure with the crazy volume of applications they get, they don't have time to deeply analyze the time it takes applicants to return the secondary (providing it's still before Labor Day). You're still ahead of the game!

Does anyone else find it odd that they are asking our gender identity and sexual orientation on the secondary? I understand preferred pronouns, but the other two seem strangely intrusive for an admissions application?

Does anyone else find it odd that they are asking our gender identity and sexual orientation on the secondary? I understand preferred pronouns, but the other two seem strangely intrusive for an admissions application?
The dean of the school is openly homosexual I think and it's probably just with the times. I've seen those questions on other secondaries as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty much all schools are asking if you identify a certain way but make it optional.

Will there be a received email for the secondary application? I submitted my 2 a while back (7/16) and under the communication tab I see the "submitted" and "complete" emails, but should there also at some point be a "received" email? Just curious!

Will there be a received email for the secondary application? I submitted my 2 a while back (7/16) and under the communication tab I see the "submitted" and "complete" emails, but should there also at some point be a "received" email? Just curious!

No, if you got the complete email you’re good

Would it be appropriate to send a LOR from a DO to an md school as one of my LOR?

Interesting...I'd never heard of this before!
Sometimes they’re called pre-II holds or “re-review”. Basically anytime they update your status telling you they looked over your file and will be reexamining it (ie no R or II).

I didn't realize they organize accommodations and transport for you to the interview from hotel. That's really nice of them. I wish I knew prior to booking my stay/transport.

• Love
I didn't realize they organize accommodations and transport for you to the interview from hotel. That's really nice of them. I wish I knew prior to booking my stay/transport.
For real? Wow. That is really nice.

60 primaries, mother of God

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So I replied to the adcoms saying I will not be retaking the MCAT.... and they just gave me the secondary! I should have contacted them earlier but surprised how easy that was!

How did you contact the school? I just found out about the July 2017 MCAT cut off date; I took mine on May 2017. :(

Still, haven't received a secondary. Called last Friday with no results. What should I do?

Jw did anyone < LM 70 receive an II?

It’s free tuition. That’s very attractive to many people and some people will likely turn down Harvard/Stanford/JHU to go. My estimate is median GPA will be 3.88 and mean MCAT will be 519

• Haha
It’s free tuition. That’s very attractive to many people and some people will likely turn down Harvard/Stanford/JHU to go. My estimate is median GPA will be 3.88 and mean MCAT will be 519

Not sure if I agree with you about people turning down T1 schools for Kaiser. We still don’t know what their accepted GPA/MCAT is going to look like (you may be right about their estimate) and their match rates in four years. Besides free tuition for the first five incoming classes, there’s only like 40 spots so it’s going to be ultra competitive.