pdl2015

5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Still haven't received a secondary from them and my app transmitted Jul 5th. I sent them an email (albeit through their Contact Us page) August 1st and called today with still no replies.

Anyone have the actual email address to share? I only seem to find the Contact Us page on their site.

May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Still haven't received a secondary from them and my app transmitted Jul 5th. I sent them an email (albeit through their Contact Us page) August 1st and called today with still no replies.

Anyone have the actual email address to share? I only seem to find the Contact Us page on their site.
I e-mailed them here: [email protected]

Reactions: pdl2015

texasvandy

2+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2014
I believe Kaiser accepts the September score. They wont consider your app until the score becomes available.

rdyotz

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2017
Arizona
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi, so I need some advice from seasoned individuals (preferably Goro, or someone with lots of experience). I won't be taking my MCAT exam until September 6th which means I won't be receiving my score until October 8th. Now the problem with this is is that I have been told to never apply to any schools until you know your MCAT score. However, the deadline for primary applications for Kaiser is October 1st, so that means if I want to even be considered for a secondary application, I would have to submit it before then. However, this means I would have to submit my application WITHOUT KNOWING my MCAT score. What do you think I should do in this particular situation? My primary application has been verified since June, but I haven't submitted it anywhere because again I don't know my MCAT score. Some sage advice would be appreciated. I figure, however, since Kaiser is definitely somewhere I want to be considered at, that I would have to apply there regardless of how I think I may do. I'm not applying next year, it's either this year MD or not at all for MD. Another option is DO or PA, depending on MCAT score. Thanks.
This is a late application for any school. Unless you can realistically score a 518+, your chances of an acceptance this cycle are slim. Many schools require an MCAT before sending a secondary. Some schools may take 4 weeks before sending a secondary. Assuming you submit it day one, it can then take a month to review it. We are now in December, when the vast majority of interview invites have already been sent out. You might be able to get a late January interview date (if high stats), but more likely February or March (I have received an interview where the first available date is 3 months from now) .

As for Kaiser, I believe secondaries are due November 1st. Which means, they need to send you a secondary with 3 weeks (I think they send relatively quick). No one knows how they will select their class, so it may or may not be a good idea to submit).

Did you really not submit to any schools? I thought you had to select one school to submit it.

I'm not sure why you think you have to do it this year, you are better off applying next year. I waited, and I'm in my mid thirties.

DO cycle runs longer, so you might be fine there.

Reactions: TSHJB302

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
This is a late application for any school. Unless you can realistically score a 518+, your chances of an acceptance this cycle are slim. Many schools require an MCAT before sending a secondary. Some schools may take 4 weeks before sending a secondary. Assuming you submit it day one, it can then take a month to review it. We are now in December, when the vast majority of interview invites have already been sent out. You might be able to get a late January interview date (if high stats), but more likely February or March (I have received an interview where the first available date is 3 months from now) .

As for Kaiser, I believe secondaries are due November 1st. Which means, they need to send you a secondary with 3 weeks (I think they send relatively quick). No one knows how they will select their class, so it may or may not be a good idea to submit).

Did you really not submit to any schools? I thought you had to select one school to submit it.

I'm not sure why you think you have to do it this year, you are better off applying next year. I waited, and I'm in my mid-thirties.

Okay, so I think I'm miscommunicating here. My primary application via AMCAS has been verified since June 17th since I only applied to one throwaway school for the purposes of verifying my application. Beyond that, I didn't submit to any other schools BECAUSE I WON'T HAVE AN MCAT SCORE UNTIL OCTOBER. From what I've read on these threads by Goro and others, there's no point in submitting a secondary application or even a primary UNLESS you have an MCAT score. We're in August now btw, not sure why you said December lol. I realize the deadlines for Kaiser as I just spoke to them on the phone less than 2 hours ago. I figure I should submit my primary to them specifically but I don't know how long it'll take them to go through it since we're in August now. But, do you think there's even a point in doing that since I don't have my MCAT score yet?

To be frank, I already took the MCAT once before, but this is my 3rd time studying for the MCAT and I have already put off applying for the past 2-3 years and am in my very early 30's. This isn't a 2nd career for me, I don't have much in my savings, and so time is of the essence for me. I'm sure you're okay with "applying next year" or later on, but that's your life experience, which is different from mine. This is the stage of my life that I'm in, and I'm realistic about my patience/abilities/what I'm willing to sacrifice/how much longer I'm willing to wait to get in versus you and everyone else. I have done more analyzing and ruminating than the majority of the pre-med population I dare to say hah. Thanks for the advice.

Mar 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
We're in August now btw, not sure why you said December lol.
August now. MCAT september. Results October. Complete early-mid october and youre in the back of a HUGE pile of people who had their app complete much sooner. By the time they look at you its December or later. Rolling admissions = fewer seats as time goes on.

I'm sure you're okay with "applying next year" or later on, but that's your life experience, which is different from mine. This is the stage of my life that I'm in, and I'm realistic about my patience/abilities/what I'm willing to sacrifice/how much longer I'm willing to wait to get in versus you and everyone else. I have done more analyzing and ruminating than the majority of the pre-med population I dare to say hah. Thanks for the advice.
I'm glad to hear you've taken some thought into this, however, its just a low chance especially if you are not in the financial position to do so. The app itself costs 40 and the secondary is 50. Can you gamble 40 bucks and up to a maximum of 90 if the MCAT score is good? Thats for you to decide brother. I hate to say it, but we arent the ones to make the decision for you.

It's just late as hell for all schools by October no matter MD or DO to where you have definitely handicapped yourself for this cycle.

Reactions: TSHJB302

MrsDrDr

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Sep 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Okay, so I think I'm miscommunicating here. My primary application via AMCAS has been verified since June 17th since I only applied to one throwaway school for the purposes of verifying my application. Beyond that, I didn't submit to any other schools BECAUSE I WON'T HAVE AN MCAT SCORE UNTIL OCTOBER. From what I've read on these threads by Goro and others, there's no point in submitting a secondary application or even a primary UNLESS you have an MCAT score. We're in August now btw, not sure why you said December lol. I realize the deadlines for Kaiser as I just spoke to them on the phone less than 2 hours ago. I figure I should submit my primary to them specifically but I don't know how long it'll take them to go through it since we're in August now. But, do you think there's even a point in doing that since I don't have my MCAT score yet?

To be frank, I already took the MCAT once before, but this is my 3rd time studying for the MCAT and I have already put off applying for the past 2-3 years and am in my very early 30's. This isn't a 2nd career for me, I don't have much in my savings, and so time is of the essence for me. I'm sure you're okay with "applying next year" or later on, but that's your life experience, which is different from mine. This is the stage of my life that I'm in, and I'm realistic about my patience/abilities/what I'm willing to sacrifice/how much longer I'm willing to wait to get in versus you and everyone else. I have done more analyzing and ruminating than the majority of the pre-med population I dare to say hah. Thanks for the advice.
I think what everyone is saying is that October is too late for this cycle. So kick @$$ on your MCAT and apply next year when you can apply early. Applying this late will most likely be a waste of money. I mean, no one can ever know for certain, especially with a brand new school, but plainly, your chances of getting in anywhere are slim to none when you are applying that late.

rdyotz

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2017
Arizona
Status
Pre-Medical

No miscommunication. I get you have already submitted/been verified (but did not send the throwaway school portion). December comes from the fact it can take up to four weeks after receiving an MCAT score to receive a secondary from a specific school. That means November, and if you submit right away, it can take a month or longer to review your secondary and offer an interview. That brings us to December.

Did you score previous MCAT attempts or void them? I'm unsure how Kaiser evaluates retakes - average, most recent, best, etc.

You're right, I can't decide what the best choice for applying is for you. If you want advice from Goro, or other adcoms, I would recommend tagging them with an @ sign, or posting a new thread on the main pre-med forum, as they don't usually peruse individual school forums. As with everything in life, risks & benefits to every course of action, and you need to decide your path. Other schools might have more information available regarding later submissions, but since Kaiser is new, no one truly knows.

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
No miscommunication. I get you have already submitted/been verified (but did not send the throwaway school portion). December comes from the fact it can take up to four weeks after receiving an MCAT score to receive a secondary from a specific school. That means November, and if you submit right away, it can take a month or longer to review your secondary and offer an interview. That brings us to December.

Did you score previous MCAT attempts or void them? I'm unsure how Kaiser evaluates retakes - average, most recent, best, etc.

You're right, I can't decide what the best choice for applying is for you. If you want advice from Goro, or other adcoms, I would recommend tagging them with an @ sign, or posting a new thread on the main pre-med forum, as they don't usually peruse individual school forums. As with everything in life, risks & benefits to every course of action, and you need to decide your path. Other schools might have more information available regarding later submissions, but since Kaiser is new, no one truly knows.
Ah, I see what you're saying in terms of timing. Yeah that would be my situation but I'm thinking since it's a new school, you never know and I have to take a gamble for one of the first times in my life lol. I ended up scoring my first MCAT even though I ended up blind guessing on A LOT of questions, so that was very stupid on my part. However, after having studied for 8 months I still was curious to see how I did. In retrospect, it was a very bad decision. I'm thinking realistically if I keep improving this time around my score would be in the 498-503 range which is why I'm also considering DO. I know their application cycle runs much longer, although not sure how long.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdyotz

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

I'm not sure why you think you have to do it this year, you are better off applying next year. I waited, and I'm in my mid thirties.

Does Kaiser require an MCAT score before sending you a secondary application? I have an MCAT score on file, albeit, a horrible one. I did mention a retake in my AMCAS profile, just updated it.

Jun 25, 2019
Southern California
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Kaiser require an MCAT score before sending you a secondary application? I have an MCAT score on file, albeit, a horrible one. I did mention a retake in my AMCAS profile, just updated it.
I believe they do. I do not think they will review your app without the most current one.

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I believe they do. I do not think they will review your app without the most current one.
Oh wow really? I thought as long as you have one on file they'll send it. If that's the case then I'll be right up against the deadline for the secondary.

Jun 25, 2019
Southern California
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh wow really? I thought as long as you have one on file they'll send it. If that's the case then I'll be right up against the deadline for the secondary.
Looks like you have some pretty impressive stats, why are you still applying to DO programs?
You might be right about that part at least, I think as long as you have a score or a potential score I would imagine you are fine. The DO philosophy is something that resonates with me as well as OMM. I have athletic training background and hands on treatments have always been a tool I have utilized through out my experiences. I am also from SoCal and applying DO gives me some options to be closer to home if I choose to.

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
You might be right about that part at least, I think as long as you have a score or a potential score I would imagine you are fine. The DO philosophy is something that resonates with me as well as OMM. I have athletic training background and hands on treatments have always been a tool I have utilized through out my experiences. I am also from SoCal and applying DO gives me some options to be closer to home if I choose to.
Yeah, I hope so. At this point, considering my age, the only med school still worth going to is Kaiser lol. That's pretty cool about your background, I'm also from Socal.

Reactions: vdmb14

CardioEnthusio15

2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone still waiting for a secondary? Sent them my primary more than 2 weeks ago but no secondary yet. Also shot them an email but no reply.:(

Sep 20, 2017
For anyone still waiting on a secondary, I emailed them aug 1st and just now got a response. They said it will be sent as soon as they receive my Aug 31st MCAT.

CardioEnthusio15

2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
For anyone still waiting on a secondary, I emailed them aug 1st and just now got a response. They said it will be sent as soon as they receive my Aug 31st MCAT.
Thanks but this only applies to those without an MCAT score. :(

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks but this only applies to those without an MCAT score. :(
Yeah, I submitted my primary to them a few days ago (I waited till now because I figured there's no point in submitting it cause I don't have my MCAT score). I won't be getting my score till mid-October. Has anyone done the Casper exam for them? How long did it take for them to process that, and what's the turn around time on your primary app without an MCAT, or better yet with an MCAT but I'm taking it for a second time?

Jul 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
When does the first interview happen ? Wondering if people have advice for those with later dates

Jun 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
When does the first interview happen ? Wondering if people have advice for those with later dates
I have an interview next Thursday.

Reactions: medlife52525
Jul 31, 2018
II just now LM 70
Any chance you'd be willing to say if you're URM / ORM and give a brief overview of EC's? I really want an II to this school so I'd like to see how I stand up against those who already have one. :-D

Feb 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For people successfully getting interviews here would you say that the main strengths are clinical experience. Do you have much more clinical exp and volunteering than the avg applicant? As a high stat/research applicant I feel I'm going to be rejected maybe due to lack of fit even though Kaiser claims to care about innovation/research.

EmbryonalCarcinoma

Good luck, everyone!
Feb 26, 2019
For people successfully getting interviews here would you say that the main strengths are clinical experience. Do you have much more clinical exp and volunteering than the avg applicant? As a high stat/research applicant I feel I'm going to be rejected maybe due to lack of fit even though Kaiser claims to care about innovation/research.
I feel similarly.

Feb 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Which state did you claim on AMCAS? A lot of states yield protect against Texas residents - odds are slim someone would turn down cheap tuition.
I claimed California, because of the UCs. Asides from UT Southwestern I think I’d go to most other schools outside of TX. Life in Tx is hard, at least for me.

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Nice. Well, good luck to you guys. I'm applying this cycle but believe my chances are slim since I'm taking an extremely late MCAT. But for me, it's either this year or no year at all for med school, so we'll see what happens.

Aug 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got my II! I have about 700 hours of volunteering and 1000 hours of research (both in clinical fields), so I do think that was a strong portion of my application. But I also have a strong GPA and MCAT so I'm not sure which played a role.

Jun 25, 2019
Southern California
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got my II! I have about 700 hours of volunteering and 1000 hours of research (both in clinical fields), so I do think that was a strong portion of my application. But I also have a strong GPA and MCAT so I'm not sure which played a role.
Congrats that's awesome!! When were you complete if you don't mind me asking?