2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary squad! Noticed they don't have Bradenton as a campus choice?

Also the fact that there's only "male" and "female" on the genders option is not going to go well for some applicants

Checking in here! Is this going to be Elmira's first class?

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary squad! Noticed they don't have Bradenton as a campus choice?

Also the fact that there's only "male" and "female" on the genders option is not going to go well for some applicants
Bradenton has a separate primary app.

Secondary this morning as well.. ACT/SAT was optional so I didn't enter mine.. did anyone else pass on that? I took my ACT years ago I don't even remember my score.

Also if anyone is wondering about fee waivers, it doesn't explicitly say on the app (sneaky sneaky, LECOM) but you can forward your AACOMAS fee waiver email to them and they'll waive it for you.

It technically says on LECOM's website but it's on a FAQ site from like 2015 lol

Secondary this morning as well.. ACT/SAT was optional so I didn't enter mine.. did anyone else pass on that? I took my ACT years ago I don't even remember my score.
It's mostly there if you want to use the Academic Index Score (AIS) instead of your MCAT score. As long as you got above a 500 on the MCAT you don't need it.

Secondary received and submitted! Anyone know the stats for the different campuses?

Secondary received and submitted! (verified 5/31)

Still waiting on some LORs, I know that LECOM doesn't want them unless you're offered an interview. Does anyone know how that works if you're using AACOMAS to upload them??

Secondary received and submitted! (verified 5/31)

Still waiting on some LORs, I know that LECOM doesn't want them unless you're offered an interview. Does anyone know how that works if you're using AACOMAS to upload them??
If they uploaded to AACOMAS they will just take them form there and add them to your file. No extra work on your part!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does LECOM screen its applicants before offering a secondary or is it just if you meet the minimum?

Also head's up if you applied to Bradenton, the supplement might be up as well using the same log in, just no email yet!

Reactions: 1 users
I've been thinking about the different learning styles, and not really sure which one I would decide if I was accepted. What are your guy's thoughts?

Also head's up if you applied to Bradenton, the supplement might be up as well using the same log in, just no email yet!

Can confirm, but probably will wait to receive email prior to trying to submit it.

Anyone else in squad No DO LOR? Any idea how important that is at this program?
I got a letter of rec from an MD, so I'm in the same boat

Anyone applying to the APAP program? Any interview invites?

Cannot Recomend lecom to anyone. I was accepted for this fall and withdrew after a Teri blue interview day experience. Stay far away people.

Cannot Recomend lecom to anyone. I was accepted for this fall and withdrew after a Teri blue interview day experience. Stay far away people.
Could you offer some clarification?

Interested in hearing more since I'm going to submit a secondary soon, I've read things about LECOM, but wasn't sure if there was merit to it.

There seems to be a large sentiment
Interested in hearing more since I'm going to submit a secondary soon, I've read things about LECOM, but wasn't sure if there was merit to it.

There is a lot of negative sentiment on these forums, and nobody really knows if it's fully warranted. LECOM is the school with the most medical students in the USA, I guess when you have more students, you have more people to complain about it. In large part, most complaints seem to be targeted at the administration and what they consider "silly/childish rules."

The fact is that LECOM is a medical school that will turn you into a practicing physician, and many of these rules reflect things you will see from hospital administration out in the workforce.

I can personally say that despite this, I would be happy to get an acceptance at LECOM and make my own assessment rather than accept this word of mouth.

Reactions: 4 users

That's what the interview dates are for. Let the people decide what they want.

Although I do see that there's a general consensus that LECOM is not the greatest, their statistics and match lists are fire

Sure
Could you offer some clarification?
Sure , first things was the disgusting anatomy lab with tools and cadaver tables just laying around with no organization. Honestly it was disrespectful to those who donate their bodies. Big turn off. On interview day the faculty gave me the impression that they try to purposely make it difficult on student rather than try to help you learn. All the student I talked to seemed truly unhappy and not excited about the program. There was no spark or it factor. The faculty talked about how residency may “like” lecom students because they know the fire or he’ll they go through there. Many other school that i interviewed at have higher board scores and better matches yet their student spoke of how open door their faculty are, and supportive they are.

It’s also really rural and far from the airport. About two hours from buffalo and Cleveland. May not seem like a big deal but come interview time it is a big deal. The whole place just felt off to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Sure

Sure , first things was the disgusting anatomy lab with tools and cadaver tables just laying around with no organization. Honestly it was disrespectful to those who donate their bodies. Big turn off. On interview day the faculty gave me the impression that they try to purposely make it difficult on student rather than try to help you learn. All the student I talked to seemed truly unhappy and not excited about the program. There was no spark or it factor. The faculty talked about how residency may “like” lecom students because they know the fire or he’ll they go through there. Many other school that i interviewed at have higher board scores and better matches yet their student spoke of how open door their faculty are, and supportive they are.

It’s also really rural and far from the airport. About two hours from buffalo and Cleveland. May not seem like a big deal but come interview time it is a big deal. The whole place just felt off to me.
I applied for the cheap tuition and was accepted soon after my interview but not even saving 30k per year could get me to go to this place.

I don't know much about this school. Can someone tell me about the campuses and which is the best? that's all that is holding me up from submitting my secondary.

Got an email saying my app is under review about 20 minutes ago!

I got this too! What is the "folder items" tab supposed to look like? I have several letters of rec on AACOMAS and of course my transcript, but none of it shows up...

I got this too! What is the "folder items" tab supposed to look like? I have several letters of rec on AACOMAS and of course my transcript, but none of it shows up...
It’s a link under the Admissions tab about 2/3 of the way down. From what I understand, they won’t download our letters until after they send an II

I don't know much about this school. Can someone tell me about the campuses and which is the best? that's all that is holding me up from submitting my secondary.
The biggest difference between the campuses is learning pathways. Erie has all of them where Seton Hill and Elmira only have PBL. Elmira is going to brand new in 2020 so the upcoming class will be their first one there. The campus that is”best” is dependent on how you learn what you think you’ll need to be successful.

As far as ranking them for the secondary, assuming the process is the same this cycle as it was this past one, your rankings may play a part in where you would interview but by no means does that impact where you would be accepted. You rank all three campuses at your interview day. If they accept you, they put you into your highest ranked campus and pathway that has an open seat.

The biggest difference between the campuses is learning pathways. Erie has all of them where Seton Hill and Elmira only have PBL. Elmira is going to brand new in 2020 so the upcoming class will be their first one there. The campus that is”best” is dependent on how you learn what you think you’ll need to be successful.

As far as ranking them for the secondary, assuming the process is the same this cycle as it was this past one, your rankings may play a part in where you would interview but by no means does that impact where you would be accepted. You rank all three campuses at your interview day. If they accept you, they put you into your highest ranked campus and pathway that has an open seat.
Sorry but what does PBL mean?

Sorry but what does PBL mean?
No problem at all!

PBL is the Problem Based Learning pathway that focuses on utilizing small group meetings and clinical cases as the driver for learning information. The other pathways are LDP (Lecture Discussion Pathway), DSP (Directed Study Pathway), an accelerated program for current PAs, and a 3-year program (LDP based) for those who plan to go into a primary care specialty.

PBL is taught at all LECOM campuses where any others are exclusive to Erie.

So I had a bunch of tabs open this morning, and I think I may have paid for the Erie secondary twice... but not the Bradenton one... I hope my misfortune brightens your day a little bit.

UPDATE: Looks like I may have done it right after all...

Last edited:
PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
didn't receive the official email yet. I just checked the portal, so it didn't give me the option to pick the date yet. 501 mcat 3.81 gpa 3.78 sgpa
Did you see it under admissions status?

Wow that was fast! Congratulations!
Did you see under admission status that you are invited to select a date for an interview? :O That's super exciting! Congratulations!