2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry if this was already asked but this thread is way too long lol I was wondering if they send wait listed letters in the mail or only rejection/acceptance letters? Every other school I’ve applied to just sent an email so knowing I’m getting a letter makes me nervous about waiting for it just for it to be a waitlist notification. I applied to the Seton Hill campus and submitted my interview video on 4/10 and just got an updated status change on the portal today(5/1) Thanks in advance!
Check your portal regularly. You’ll see a portal change that says “the committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive a letter in the mail in x days.” So yeah, to answer your question, it’ll be through the mail, but you’ll know that a letter is coming.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this was already asked but this thread is way too long lol I was wondering if they send wait listed letters in the mail or only rejection/acceptance letters? Every other school I’ve applied to just sent an email so knowing I’m getting a letter makes me nervous about waiting for it just for it to be a waitlist notification. I applied to the Seton Hill campus and submitted my interview video on 4/10 and just got an updated status change on the portal today(5/1) Thanks in advance!
Yes, you get accepted, rejected, and waitlisted via snail mail.

Hey everyone! I'm a graduating OMS4 from LECOM Erie. I am selling my Welch Allan equipment which LECOM makes all the students buy during OMS1 year so if any incoming student is interested please DM. You guys can also ask me any questions about LECOM and my experience there. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who was placed on the DO alternate list, and then received an acceptance, how were you notified? Email, snail mail, portal change, call? (Wondering about Elmira specifically but info for any of the locations would be helpful!)

This alternate list anxiety is killing me. Given that Elmira is a brand new campus, I wonder how many students are placed on the alternate list???

For anyone who was placed on the DO alternate list, and then received an acceptance, how were you notified? Email, snail mail, portal change, call? (Wondering about Elmira specifically but info for any of the locations would be helpful!)

I had been on the alternate list for SH since January. They then sent an email to confirm interest, to which I replied within minutes confirming my strong interest. Within an hour of that reply, my portal changed to “a decision has been made” with a 14 day window. 5 days later, I had my acceptance letter via snail mail.
I think the process is different for each campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Hi y’all, I was placed on Elmira’s waitlist in April. Today my portal changed to a decisions been made and I’ll receive a letter in 14 days, fingers crossed!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi y’all, I was placed on Elmira’s waitlist in April. Today my portal changed to a decisions been made and I’ll receive a letter in 14 days, fingers crossed!!
I would feel really optimistic about this! I was waitlisted last year and they soft rejected me with no portal change, so I’m willing to bet this is good news!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I would feel really optimistic about this! I was waitlisted last year and they soft rejected me with no portal change, so I’m willing to bet this is good news!!!!
I literally cried, I hope soo!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you get an email when your portal changes?

Does anyone Know how many students does LECOM pull out from the waitlist for each of their campuses? Elmira vs Erie vs SH?

Just got the call for Seton Hill guys!!!!!! SO STOKED

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Did you guys get any notification from LECOM after you sent in the form about accepting the waitlist through the mail?

The portal is updated that they received your intent to stay on the alternate list.

• Love
Accepted to Elmira!! Keep up hope guys, you got this!

Accepted to Elmira!! Keep up hope guys, you got this!
Congratulations! Did you notice a portal change before you received the news? Was it a phone call or email?

Anyone know what the turnaround time for a decision is after submitting the video interview? Submitted mine about a month ago but portal still says the committee is making a decision.

Anyone know what the turnaround time for a decision is after submitting the video interview? Submitted mine about a month ago but portal still says the committee is making a decision.

same

Congratulations! Did you notice a portal change before you received the news? Was it a phone call or email?
Thankyou! I just saw a portal change and received an email 3 days later!

So I’ve noticed that portal changes typically happen on Tuesday (at least for Elmira). Has anyone else noticed that too? Or am I just desperately trying to see a pattern lol

My letter arrived, joining those of you on the alternate list for Elmira. Good luck to all of us!

Thank you!! After months of waiting, I almost gave up hope. Feeling so blessed right now!
I’m sure you completely deserve it and you should take this time to celebrate as much as you possibly can!!! Don’t feel pressured to share your stats/scores/story or other nonsense here, ENJOY THIS MOMENT IRL!!! Yeeehaw!

Congrats! I've been on the waitlist since december for LECOM erie so im hoping for some good news soon. Did they call/email/portal change?

Thanks, I've been waitlisted around the same time so don't lose hope! I didn't check if the portal changed but they did let me know by email.

I’m sure you completely deserve it and you should take this time to celebrate as much as you possibly can!!! Don’t feel pressured to share your stats/scores/story or other nonsense here, ENJOY THIS MOMENT IRL!!! Yeeehaw!

Haha will def celebrate!!!
As for stats, I'm ORM with LM~ 68
I thought I didn't do too well on interview day (was my first!) but who knows how this process works. Idk if anyone else got off the waitlist here on sdn yet but its definitely moving so I would anticipate many of you deserving folks should hear some good news soon :)

Does LECOM silent reject after interviews? It's been 3 weeks.

Does LECOM silent reject after interviews? It's been 3 weeks.
This is my second year through the cycle with this school (currently on post-interview waitlist for the second time!) LECOM seems to move slower than most other schools, so three weeks shouldn’t be interpreted as a silent rejection. Personally, I’m planning to wait until June 1st and then reapply. I know the silence is absolute torture. Hang in there and think about ways to tweak your application for another potential round if you don’t get in this time! Rooting for you!