2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I already searched the thread and must have missed it, but I was wondering where exactly to send in the deposit. I just got off the waitlist for Seton Hill, and I’m not sure if I should send it there or to the main Erie campus. The email says to mail it in within 10 days, but should I just disregard that and wait for what the official letter says that’s on the way? Thanks in advance, guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I already searched the thread and must have missed it, but I was wondering where exactly to send in the deposit. I just got off the waitlist for Seton Hill, and I’m not sure if I should send it there or to the main Erie campus. The email says to mail it in within 10 days, but should I just disregard that and wait for what the official letter says that’s on the way? Thanks in advance, guys!

Congrats on the acceptance! By any chance did you receive any kind of email with updates regarding your status on the WL prior to your acceptance?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptance! By any chance did you receive any kind of email with updates regarding your status on the WL prior to your acceptance?

Thank you! I was placed on the waitlist sometime in November; since then, the only contact I received from the school was in April when they said they would begin taking students off of the waitlist and then last Friday when they told me they had a spot for me. Other than that, I sent them an update letter in February. I hope this helps and that you also hear back from them soon if you’re still waiting!

Any Elmira waitlist movement?
Dead silence. I tried sending them couple emails and no response. Have anyone heard from them? Since this is a brand new campus, I am very anxious to know (if possible) how many folks are on their wait list and what kind of movement should we expect?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if LECOM will be going remote for September?

Hi I am going to LECOM at Seton Hill this year. They sent out an email about a month and a half ago saying that we would be starting on 7/24 (original start date for registration) regardless of circumstance. They said it may be online or in person but they were not sure. West Moreland County (where LECOM Seton Hill is) and Erie County (Where LECOM Erie is) will be in the yellow zone in the next week. For schools to be open they have to get to the green zone which is the next step. Hopefully the counties will be in the green by the time school starts but at least it will be starting on time if it has to start remotely. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how “strict” the dress code is? I typically get cold a lot and Im having a hard time imagining not wearing sweatshirts and jeans. are there rules specifying what kinds of jackets we can wear during class hours?

Sorry, I asked this already but did anyone apply and got accepted into the PCSP pathway? If so please PM me because i am very interested in this pathway and would love to hear your experience in getting into it.

So I’ve noticed that portal changes typically happen on Tuesday (at least for Elmira). Has anyone else noticed that too? Or am I just desperately trying to see a pattern lol
I thought that changes happen to the portal on Tuesdays, I kept refreshing and nothing changed. The waiting is really killing me.

@Battriman98 did you apply as a re applicant
did you have to change anything
I just made a new personal statement
and using AIS since no mcat and just tweaked my extracurriculars

@Battriman98 did you apply as a re applicant
did you have to change anything
I just made a new personal statement
and using AIS since no mcat and just tweaked my extracurriculars
next cycle is my second cycle so 2021 is my reapp cycle, only changes were more extracurriculars my MCAT is already pretty good just needed more clinical experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how “strict” the dress code is? I typically get cold a lot and Im having a hard time imagining not wearing sweatshirts and jeans. are there rules specifying what kinds of jackets we can wear during class hours?
No specific rules against what jackets you can and can’t wear. People will wear sweaters a lot in the winter time. Throughout the winter I wore a sweater or 1/4 zip over my shirt and tie pretty much every day. As long as it still looks professional it’s okay to wear. For when you are in the OPP dress code, you are able to wear sweatpants and sweatshirts over top.if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
I
Dead silence. I tried sending them couple emails and no response. Have anyone heard from them? Since this is a brand new campus, I am very anxious to know (if possible) how many folks are on their wait list and what kind of movement should we expect?
I'm currently waitlisted at Elmira. I recently emailed them, asking for any updates, and they told me that they'll reach out to students as seats open up. So do you guys think that the Elmira campus is full rn?

Yeah, usually med schools accept like twice the number of students as the number of seats they have open, in order to make sure they fill their class. As it gets later and later in the cycle, students start committing to one school. Thus a lot of the students accepted to Elmira start committing to other schools. So right now, the class appears to be full, but as we get closer and closer to the commitment date (May 15th and beyond) spots start opening up.

Has anyone sent an email/update and not gotten a response? I sent am email over a week ago to Jessica woods and it's been silence.

Has anyone sent an email/update and not gotten a response? I sent am email over a week ago to Jessica woods and it's been silence.
Really? She was very responsive with me and always took the time to answer my million questions. Side note, they are probably swamped so I wouldn’t be concerned if you don’t get a response on an update email.

Really? She was very responsive with me and always took the time to answer my million questions. Side note, they are probably swamped so I wouldn’t be concerned if you don’t get a response on an update email.
Coincidentally, she just responded to my email apologizing for the delayed response as they were swamped for last 2 weeks.

Portal changed this morning saying the committee has made a decision...now the torturous wait for the letter begins! Submitted video for Erie on 4/12

Portal changed this morning saying the committee has made a decision...now the torturous wait for the letter begins! Submitted video for Erie on 4/12
Congratulations! Which Campus (Erie or Elmira)?

I sent an update letter to the admissions email and CC'd Lisa in it - I just received a reply asking if I would be interested in Seton Hill (my second choice), and had a portal change today with the message saying that I'll receive a letter in 30 days. I'm in the Cleveland area so I'm hoping the letter comes quickly, but it looks like things are moving! Good luck to you all!

I sent an update letter to the admissions email and CC'd Lisa in it - I just received a reply asking if I would be interested in Seton Hill (my second choice), and had a portal change today with the message saying that I'll receive a letter in 30 days. I'm in the Cleveland area so I'm hoping the letter comes quickly, but it looks like things are moving! Good luck to you all!
When did you send the update and get confirmation that they received it?

I emailed Seton Hill and was told files from 4/16 were reviewed this week and I should expect a portal update by early next week hopefully once the letter is in the mail.

just called lecom and they said their class is now full
I am sure there will be some open slots when accepted students give up their seats as they get cleared / accepted at other schools.

I am sure there will be some open slots when accepted students give up their seats as they get cleared / accepted at other schools.
how many students do you think will be giving up seats at this point? I feel like most have probably deposited by now?

how many students do you think will be giving up seats at this point? I feel like most have probably deposited by now?
MD schools are still accepting ppl off waitlists which shifts to DO school ppl to withdraw acceptances which leads to more DO WL movement. Hopefully this shifting ends soon but it will probably go on until July

MD students are getting cleared from the waitlist and I heard from a good source that they usually clear 20 - 25 from the wait list every year.

does everyone on the waitlist get the "your application was viewed favorably?"

Did anyone on the waitlist not receive a masters program email?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone on the waitlist not receive a masters program email?
I got an email saying they re reviewed my application as I got a letter of intent sent in and letters of reference saying I am still on waitlist but should move forward with masters program. how annoying and weird is that to hear