2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received "Interest in Remaining on Waitlist" email for Erie this morning (it was in my spam folder). Maybe this means that movement is on the horizon??
Same! and it was in my spam folder too! Hopefully this means they'll start working on this. I know I shouldn't picky, but honestly, I'm fine with any campus as long as its PBL. I'm on Erie waitlist so perhaps the chances of PBL are low then.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same! and it was in my spam folder too! Hopefully this means they'll start working on this. I know I shouldn't picky, but honestly, I'm fine with any campus as long as its PBL. I'm on Erie waitlist so perhaps the chances of PBL are low then.

I selected Erie DSP as my number one choice. I remember reading somewhere that they first decide whether or not they want to accept you, then decide what campus/pathway they want to offer you depending on what's available. I think I read it on an old SDN forum for this school so this might not be how it's still done

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PBL Erie is extremely competitive right along with DSP because they have a significantly smaller number of seats. (Like 40 something seats each compared to LDP with like 120) so it’s a lot easier to get into lecture due to their amount of seats.

Received "Interest in Remaining on Waitlist" email for Erie this morning (it was in my spam folder). Maybe this means that movement is on the horizon??
Same. I hope the email is a good thing.I selected LDP as my preferred choice at Erie. Here's to hoping that waitlist movement at all the med schools has been slow due to the pandemic and will pick up in the next few weeks!

Any movement? Other schools are taking off their waitlist it seems. Still waiting

Just withdrew from the alternate list for Elmira. Best of luck to everyone else!

Any movement? Other schools are taking off their waitlist it seems. Still waiting

Feeling pretty hopeless after I saw their Facebook group add 16 new people today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps I was wrong haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking movement should happen soon, there was no reported movement on SDN compared to other DO schools so with withdrawals I have hope @rj2626

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is it true that there was no secondary essay questions for the secondary application for the 2019-2020 cycle? Do you believe that there will be secondary essay questions for the 2020-2021 cycle? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

Is it true that there was no secondary essay questions for the secondary application for the 2019-2020 cycle? Do you believe that there will be secondary essay questions for the 2020-2021 cycle? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

Yes there were no essays. I think it's unlikely that they will add questions because they haven't in the past.

Yes there were no essays. I think it's unlikely that they will add questions because they haven't in the past.
Thank you very much for your response and confirming that they do not have essay questions. Is this also the case for the Bradenton campus in Florida? Do you just have to fill out a questionnaire and pay the fee to send out your secondary application for both the Erie and Bradenton campuses?

Thank you very much for your response and confirming that they do not have essay questions. Is this also the case for the Bradenton campus in Florida? Do you just have to fill out a questionnaire and pay the fee to send out your secondary application for both the Erie and Bradenton campuses?

Yes same with Bradenton! I didn't apply there though so I don't know what they had on the app. Erie supplementary asked demographic info and campus preferences (since Erie has multiple campuses but Bradenton does not).

I got an email from asking to see if I am interested in LECOM Master of Medical Science (MMS) program. By applying to this program, it will not negatively impact your current standing on the wait or alternate list for this current cycle.

Wonder what that means???? Did anyone else get similar email?

I got an email from asking to see if I am interested in LECOM Master of Medical Science (MMS) program. By applying to this program, it will not negatively impact your current standing on the wait or alternate list for this current cycle.

I did not get this email. LECOM is sending out so many smokescreens haha

How long ago were you placed on the wait/alternate list? And for which campus?

Hard to say what this means but I had a moment of neuroticism and checked last year’s thread for around this time. People last year got this email on the same day as this year actually...Thursday in the second week of June. Some people got the MMS email, some didn’t. One person who did get the email ended up getting accepted while one person who didnt get the email got accepted. Obviously a very small sample size because only a few people responded but if the trends hold up, they should start releasing acceptances from the WL on Monday (last year it was June 17, which was a Monday).

Hard to say what this means but I had a moment of neuroticism and checked last year’s thread for around this time. People last year got this email on the same day as this year actually...Thursday in the second week of June. Some people got the MMS email, some didn’t. One person who did get the email ended up getting accepted while one person who didnt get the email got accepted. Obviously a very small sample size because only a few people responded but if the trends hold up, they should start releasing acceptances from the WL on Monday (last year it was June 17, which was a Monday).

So what you’re saying is, don’t submit AACOMAS yet :p

Lol I received no emails for anything. Also already submitted AACOMAS 2021 oh well...

• Haha
  • Wow
Lol I received no emails for anything. Also already submitted AACOMAS 2021 oh well...

My AACOMAS is verified but haven't added LECOM yet. Kinda still holding a little bit of hope but with each passing day, it fades. Also, has anyone seen that weird instagram video they put up? It's way over the top I feel, but I guess it's supposed to show their fun side?

I got a call and voicemail from an 814 area code number this morning...it was a spam call but apparently there’s a warrant out for my arrest for tax fraud hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, I just got accepted today for LDP at the Erie campus!!
I completed the MMS program for the 2019-2020 school year and was placed on the alternate list in the beginning of March.
I got an email and a portal change today, so for those of you that were losing hope like me, there has been movement from the alternate/waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I completed the MMS program for the 2019-2020 school year and was placed on the alternate list in the beginning of March.
I got an email and a portal change today, so for those of you that were losing hope like me, there has been movement from the alternate/waitlist.
Congrats! Just wanted some clarification, were you on the waitlist or alternate list for Erie? I put Erie as my top campus and LDP as my first choice asl well.

Congrats! Just wanted some clarification, were you on the waitlist or alternate list for Erie? I put Erie as my top campus and LDP as my first choice asl well.
I was on the alternate list for Erie. When I emailed the director of admissions earlier, she explained that people have been pulled from both lists, so I don't think one list is necessarily better than another.

Congrats! If you don’t mind sharing, what were your stats?

Hi, congratulations on your acceptance! I was also an MMS student this past year and am also on the waitlist.

If you don’t mind sharing, would you be able to tell me your final GPA or even which interview group you were in? Just want to gauge to see if there will be any movement soon! Thank you so much!

Congrats! If you don’t mind sharing, what were your stats?
Hi, congratulations on your acceptance! I was also an MMS student this past year and am also on the waitlist.

If you don’t mind sharing, would you be able to tell me your final GPA or even which interview group you were in? Just want to gauge to see if there will be any movement soon! Thank you so much!
I was in the 2nd interview group, my final cumulative GPA through the program was a 3.37, and had an AIS of around 117 so I didn't have to take the MCAT.
Best of luck!!

LOL so LECOM's sending out secondaries today for 2021. Not sure if I should jump onto that wagon now. :eek:

Haha another email i didn't get
Oh no dw. It's not an email. I was just looking at the 2020-2021 LECOM thread on sdn and people there who have submitted primaries are getting their secondaries now.

LOL so LECOM's sending out secondaries today for 2021. Not sure if I should jump onto that wagon now. :eek:

I gave up and started submitting AACOMAS apps. See y’all in the 2020-2021 threads I guess

Reactions: 2 users
I gave up and started submitting AACOMAS apps. See y’all in the 2020-2021 threads I guess

While I totally understand your concern, I still think you're jumping the gun a bit. I saw just from last year's thread that a couple people stated they were accepted off the waitlist in July. I didn't even bother at looking at posts from June from the 2018-2019 thread. We are still ONLY halfway through June. Keep that hope alive! Of course, I'm not privy to the details of your waitlist situation so to each their own on the level of optimism about getting in off a waitlist at this point in the cycle.

That being said, I'm definitely considering submitting my primary applications in the middle to end of July. I didn't submit primaries for AACOMAS until mid November last year so I definitely want to be on the earlier side this upcoming cycle in the worst case scenario. I'll likely be reaching out to the schools I'm waitlisted one last time in July to try and get an update on movement.

While I totally understand your concern, I still think you're jumping the gun a bit. I saw just from last year's thread that a couple people stated they were accepted off the waitlist in July. I didn't even bother at looking at posts from June from the 2018-2019 thread. We are still ONLY halfway through June. Keep that hope alive! Of course, I'm not privy to the details of your waitlist situation so to each their own on the level of optimism about getting in off a waitlist at this point in the cycle.

That being said, I'm definitely considering submitting my primary applications in the middle to end of July. I didn't submit primaries for AACOMAS until mid November last year so I definitely want to be on the earlier side this upcoming cycle in the worst case scenario. I'll likely be reaching out to the schools I'm waitlisted one last time in July to try and get an update on movement.

I love your optimism and thank you for keeping the hope alive! I guess by working on apps for next cycle, it gives me a sense of control right now that helps pass the time. Not planning on submitting many right now, but just for the one or two schools that would be my top choices.

I love your optimism and thank you for keeping the hope alive! I guess by working on apps for next cycle, it gives me a sense of control right now that helps pass the time. Not planning on submitting many right now, but just for the one or two schools that would be my top choices.
Very true, I'm doing the same right now and reapplying, hopefully applying early and broader will come through for us 2020-2021.

I’ve been waiting years to say these words...accepted to Erie DSP this morning!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Hey guys! Totally new to SDN but have been keeping in touch with this forum. So happy for all who have been accepted off the waitlist and still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best for all of us who are still on it!
Quick question I had for those still on the waitlist was did any of you receive a “high priority” waitlist email? I didn’t, but I heard that apparently there’s already a list of candidates made from the alternate list/waitlist that they first go through. When I heard that my hopes kinda went down cause I wasn’t sure what that meant for chances of acceptance :/
I wanted to see if anyone else had some clarification on this point!! Thanks so much!

Hey guys! Totally new to SDN but have been keeping in touch with this forum. So happy for all who have been accepted off the waitlist and still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best for all of us who are still on it!
Quick question I had for those still on the waitlist was did any of you receive a “high priority” waitlist email? I didn’t, but I heard that apparently there’s already a list of candidates made from the alternate list/waitlist that they first go through. When I heard that my hopes kinda went down cause I wasn’t sure what that meant for chances of acceptance :/
I wanted to see if anyone else had some clarification on this point!! Thanks so much!
I'm also on the alternate list and didn't receive these emails. Not sure what it means...