2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the advice! We are currently in San Francisco for his job and if they would allow him, he would transfer to the Tampa office. That's why we were trying to compromise and split the difference between Tampa and Bradenton by looking at St. petersburg, Apollo Beach, etc. I mentioned Parrish but then that would be a 50+ minute commute for him. How many days a week would you say you are on campus? This is just such a difficult decision and we are trying to make both parties happy. So I do appreciate the feedback and advice.

If you have to chose between those two options, then chose Apollo Beach. Trust me, you do not want to deal with the Skyway everyday. You may also consider Ruskin or The Sun City Center area

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have to chose between those two options, then chose Apollo Beach. Trust me, you do not want to deal with the Skyway everyday. You may also consider Ruskin or The Sun City Center area

I agree with this! I remember my grandma telling me one time people were stuck there for 4+ hours because there was someone trying to jump off the bridge. (Sadly she says this happens due to the height of the bridge). Once it's backed up there's nothing to do but sit and wait it out. Beyond that the traffic is just horrible on it- so I agree, avoid at all costs!!!

My application for LECOM was complete Jan. 25th (I know super late) but my portal still says my application is under review. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice! We are currently in San Francisco for his job and if they would allow him, he would transfer to the Tampa office. That's why we were trying to compromise and split the difference between Tampa and Bradenton by looking at St. petersburg, Apollo Beach, etc. I mentioned Parrish but then that would be a 50+ minute commute for him. How many days a week would you say you are on campus? This is just such a difficult decision and we are trying to make both parties happy. So I do appreciate the feedback and advice.

I am not a LECOM student (yet, still deciding on schools). However, I live in downtown St. Pete and would highly recommend it as a place to live! Although I am currently living with my mother, there are plenty of affordable options. It is a beautiful, fun and diverse area. There is no shortage of excellent restaurants/bars and plenty of fun things to do on the weekends like art exhibits, special events, farmers markets. It really is a great little city.

With that being said, the traffic around here can be terrible. I can get to downtown Tampa in 25 minutes and the airport in 20 but with traffic that can turn into an hour real quick. I believe the traffic to LECOM would be better than to Tampa most likely but LECOM is also further than Tampa. It sounds like you are committed to living with your boyfriend and if you both can push thru the 45+ min commute, I think St. Pete would be an excellent option for you! Good luck on your move!

has anyone got acceptance/waitlist from the virtual interview of March 27?

My application for LECOM was complete Jan. 25th (I know super late) but my portal still says my application is under review. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Yea still waiting to hear back :( might give them a call to see if it’s a no or if they are still looking for applicants

If anyone's been accepted off WL yet, please share when you got pulled!

i was interviewed the week of March 20 and have been waitlisted

anyone got an acceptance off of the alternate list yet?
I called and found out I was on the alternate WL on March 25th. They said I was in a good position and hoped that they would have a spot for me by the end of April. I haven't heard anything since.

Exciting but the wait is killing me. Also concerned that the global pandemic has slowed this entire process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and found out I was on the alternate WL on March 25th. They said I was in a good position and hoped that they would have a spot for me by the end of April. I haven't heard anything since.

Exciting but the wait is killing me. Also concerned that the global pandemic has slowed this entire process.

When did you interview? Did your portal update your admissions status?

When did you interview? Did your portal update your admissions status?
I interviewed 02/28. Don't think my admissions status changed...rn it just says that my file is under review by the Admissions Committee post-interview.
When I called all they said is you are top 15 ranked alt WL and we hope to have a spot for you soon.

I interviewed 02/28. Don't think my admissions status changed...rn it just says that my file is under review by the Admissions Committee post-interview.
When I called all they said is you are top 15 ranked alt WL and we hope to have a spot for you soon.
thanks for the update! who did you call to? I just called admission ((941) 756-0690) and the women told me there is no other information besides the portal and she can not provide information over the phone anyway.

Wow congrats, that's definitely exciting! Who did you speak to when you called? I'm also alternate list and would love to find out what rank I am so I know whether to have any hope or not lol

Thank you! Good luck hopefully you get off the wait list and secure a spot :)

Who did you call?

[/QUOT

Who did you call?

Last edited:
Who did you call?
Wow congrats, that's definitely exciting! Who did you speak to when you called? I'm also alternate list and would love to find out what rank I am so I know whether to have any hope or not lol

I am currently waitlisted and I just called the admissions (941-756-0690) and was told that they are not going through any applications or wait list since the school is currently closed and there is no one available to update me or speak to me in regards to my status. :/ Now I don't know if that means that they won't be doing anymore interviews or are ending the cycle due to the virus. But wanted to post an update on what they told me.

thanks for the update! who did you call to? I just called admission ((941) 756-0690) and the women told me there is no other information besides the portal and she can not provide information over the phone anyway.
I spoke with Mr. Shively, not sure if I just got lucky getting that information. Also, I believe he said alternate WL but maybe don't quote me on that haha. Sorry LECOM's various waitlists honestly confuse me.

But I think showing interest in a call can never hurt an applicant. Best of luck to all of you on the WL like myself!

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed Mr. Shively and all he asked me was for my spring grades. That is all the information I got :(

Is there any current LECOM student on here I could ask questions regarding the transition from lecture based to the PBL curriculum?

Y'all, I have to get this off my chest. I interviewed in JANUARY and was told I would hear something in 2-3 weeks. It has been 3 MONTHS since then and I have not heard anything. It's like they forgot I existed and it's so unprofessional and rude to not communicate for 3 months with someone that YOU INTERVIEWED. I wasted my time and money flying down to Florida just to get ghosted by LECOM. I feel very disrespected and I don't want to go anywhere that doesn't value me enough to communicate with me once in three months.

Reactions: 3 users
Y'all, I have to get this off my chest. I interviewed in JANUARY and was told I would hear something in 2-3 weeks. It has been 3 MONTHS since then and I have not heard anything. It's like they forgot I existed and it's so unprofessional and rude to not communicate for 3 months with someone that YOU INTERVIEWED. I wasted my time and money flying down to Florida just to get ghosted by LECOM. I feel very disrespected and I don't want to go anywhere that doesn't value me enough to communicate with me once in three months.
LECOM sucks at communicating. I feel like they are a school who needs their ego inflated by having you come to them and calling and updating, etc... Honestly, if I got in somewhere else I wouldn't be here.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm also 2 months out from my interview - portal hasn't changed. I sent an update letter about a month back and am wondering if I should send another? Or call? Or just wait it out. It seems that some people get a positive response when calling and some people are told that no info is given over the phone. So confusing :(

I'm also 2 months out from my interview - portal hasn't changed. I sent an update letter about a month back and am wondering if I should send another? Or call? Or just wait it out. It seems that some people get a positive response when calling and some people are told that no info is given over the phone. So confusing :(
Hey, sorry to hear that. I recommend calling them and showing interest. I tried that and it worked for me.

Did you hear back/get in? If so congratulations!!

No I didn’t. I was wondering when the deposit deadline was so they would start pulling off the waitlist. Which I am not even waitlisted either, I am just under review. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if people have been accepted off the waitlist recently? Still hopeful! Also, are they still interviewing even with all the applicants on the waitlist and also those who haven’t heard back yet?

Does anyone know if people have been accepted off the waitlist recently? Still hopeful! Also, are they still interviewing even with all the applicants on the waitlist and also those who haven’t heard back yet?

I believe the last interview was April 10th

Has anyone withdrawn their acceptance to LECOM recently? Staying hopeful on the WL here!

I interviewed in October and didn’t hear anything until February after calling. I agree that the communication isn’t great but maybe try calling

So I'm a little lost. When I first got my decision from LECOM I was placed on the alternate list. However I contacted the admissions team to see if there were any updates and to express interest and they told me that I am still on the "ranked wait list" but they will take another look at my file. So is there a difference between the wait list and alternate list?

So I'm a little lost. When I first got my decision from LECOM I was placed on the alternate list. However I contacted the admissions team to see if there were any updates and to express interest and they told me that I am still on the "ranked wait list" but they will take another look at my file. So is there a difference between the wait list and alternate list?
i believe they're the same thing.

Anyone hear anything from Financial aid office? I filled out the Fasfa and emailed all required forms but haven’t heard back from anyone...

Anyone hear anything from Financial aid office? I filled out the Fasfa and emailed all required forms but haven’t heard back from anyone...

Financial aid awards should be posted to our LECOM portal sometime around the first week of July.

Reactions: 1 users

There is a difference in the two lists. Otherwise, there would be no reason to have two. One list is preferential over the other, which is a backup in case they run through the first.

Who did you talk to at the admissions office? When I talked to Jessica Woods (Elmira Campus), she mentioned that their alternate list is not ranked,.

There is a difference in the two lists. Otherwise, there would be no reason to have two. One list is preferential over the other, which is a backup in case they run through the first.
Are you sure? Because I know someone who got in last year off the alternate list. I think they're one and the same

Are you sure? Because I know someone who got in last year off the alternate list. I think they're one and the same

I thought they were the same until she mentioned I was on the "ranked" list. I assumed they were all the same. But now I'm not sure.