2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Seton Hill)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel so dumb, how do you apply to Seton Hill? I can't find it on the AACOMAS page. Someone help a brotha out?

I feel so dumb, how do you apply to Seton Hill? I can't find it on the AACOMAS page. Someone help a brotha out?
When you fill out the secondary it will be in there. They don't have a separate primary.

Received an II here earlier, but didn't know they had a dedicated page!

Thoughts on why folks may be choosing SH over Erie as their preferred campus?

I don’t think so. I scheduled mine October 22nd and it was the earliest date!

it's basically an extension of the Erie campus, so when you receive a secondary you rate your campus preferences

I sort of forgot about this thread, but ACCEPTED!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! Must be exciting to hear back so soon!

Interviewing at SH in about 2 weeks - any tips/info to be aware of?
Definitely!! A few things- go into the campus with an open mind, LECOM gets a lot of negative feedback on SDN but I absolutely loved it there (I think the negative is probably the dress code and water/food thing), it's pretty relaxed but know why medicine, why do, why lecom, and bring questions to ask the students- theres no staff around when the students eat lunch with applicants and give the tour so I asked any questions I had

I sort of forgot about this thread, but ACCEPTED!!!!

when did you interview?! I'm interviewing mid-Sept and trying to get an idea of how quickly people are hearing back so I can cancel later interviews. Thanks!

when did you interview?! I'm interviewing mid-Sept and trying to get an idea of how quickly people are hearing back so I can cancel later interviews. Thanks!
I interviewed 8/5 and the letter I received was dated 8/16. But it does seem like very few people have heard back so far

Hey! I have an interview on Sep 16th but I don't have a car that I can drive to get from my hotel to the campus. I am a bit weary about uber/lyft because Greensburg isn't a big city - Is there anyone who is interviewing that day that could possibly help carpool? I am more than willing to pay for gas or additional expenses. Thanks!

Hey! I have an interview on Sep 16th but I don't have a car that I can drive to get from my hotel to the campus. I am a bit weary about uber/lyft because Greensburg isn't a big city - Is there anyone who is interviewing that day that could possibly help carpool? I am more than willing to pay for gas or additional expenses. Thanks!
depending on what hotel you are staying at, some have shuttles to the campus!

Hey, I interview that day and I’m driving down from school so I’ll have my car. Pm me with what hotel you’re staying at and all that!

Does anyone have any input on staying in Pittsburgh?

So happy right now. Got my very first II at SH scheduled for December.
Primary: July 3rd
Secondary: July 23rd
II: August 26th

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the campus and the PBL session.

So happy right now. Got my very first II at SH scheduled for December.
Primary: July 3rd
Secondary: July 23rd
II: August 26th

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the campus and the PBL session.
Congrats!

Accepted for the PBL pathway!

Early Sept interview, OOS, ORM, LizzyM ~66

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II today! Only interview date available was January 10th.

Actually, I got my interview day changed to October 31st. If anyone else is going that day, feel free to PM me!

I was honestly contemplating calling about my status, but just got that email about how they don't give decisions over the phone. I'm so nervous; this feels like it's going to be the longest week of my life.

I was honestly contemplating calling about my status, but just got that email about how they don't give decisions over the phone. I'm so nervous; this feels like it's going to be the longest week of my life.

That email had me shook for a second!

Portal just changed to "has made a decision"! Gotta wait up to 14 days now..

I was right about my guess!! Letter is coming today!

Saw it in my informed delivery too. Won't have access to my mail until late night. Gosh this suspense is killing me.

Interviewed early September, waitlisted 9/30. Fingers crossed there’s movement!

Hey guys, do you know if you have to confirm your interview? I received the interview reminder email 2 days ago and see that it says to email them to confirm.

Hey guys, do you know if you have to confirm your interview? I received the interview reminder email 2 days ago and see that it says to email them to confirm.
I scheduled my interview on the portal after I received an email for an interview invite. After that I just received an email closer to my interview date about "preparing for your interview"

Hey, for those who have interviews, where did you stay? Was the interview at Seton Hill University? There isn't anywhere on the website with suggestions or anything. Also, does anyone know if there is an overnight hosting program?

Last edited:
If I put Elmira as my top choice on my secondary but changed my mind, can I switch to seton hill for my primary preference? I’m interviewing Oct 28th and realized seton hill is a better fit for me.

anyone interview more than a week ago and still have the admissions status as "you have been invited for an interview"?

Last edited:
Hey, for those who have interviews, where did you stay? Was the interview at Seton Hill University? There isn't anywhere on the website with suggestions or anything. Also, does anyone know if there is an overnight hosting program?
I stayed at the wyndham greensburg hotel and it has a shuttle to seton hill university. The interview is at the LECOM building at Seton Hill, its a small campus, so it's not difficult to find!
If I put Elmira as my top choice on my secondary but changed my mind, can I switch to seton hill for my primary preference? I’m interviewing Oct 28th and realized seton hill is a better fit for me.
yes, you will rank your top choice campus and pathway, it is a centralized process for all LECOM campuses, and you interview at your top choice campus but if you would rather go to a different campus, you can rank that at the interview and be accepted at the campus you selected.