2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Secondary Prompt:

Please write and ATTACH the short essay addressing ONE of the following questions:
1) Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment?
2) OR if you are a re-applicant please tell us what you have done to strengthen your application.
3) Optional: Is there anything you want the admissions committee to know that you haven’t explained on your AACOMAS application?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No I was just looking at past years' threads
It says on their website that they do not start sending secondary applications until July 1
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 4.01.45 PM.png

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received!

Please write and ATTACH the short essay addressing ONE of the following questions:
1) Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment?
2) OR if you are a re-applicant please tell us what you have done to strengthen your application.
3) Optional: Is there anything you want the admissions committee to know that you haven’t explained on your AACOMAS application?

@PapaGuava

Also my application is stuck at 99% and it will not let me submit it? All the fields are filled in soooo let me know if anyone else has this problem!
EDIT: Ok so I logged out and logged back in, re filled out the sections that were blank, then it still didn't work, and I just kept hitting buttons and I got to the pay page lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received!

@PapaGuava

Also my application is stuck at 99% and it will not let me submit it? All the fields are filled in soooo let me know if anyone else has this problem!
EDIT: Ok so I logged out and logged back in, re filled out the sections that were blank, then it still didn't work, and I just kept hitting buttons and I got to the pay page lol.

I legit ran into this issue as well (just tried your method and it worked perfectly!) I initially sent an email, but it seems like the lady in charge is out of the office until 7/8/2019. The automatic email said for emergencies regarding your application to call "424-869-7090". also, good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
my secondary link sends me to a page that loads forever and says site timed out. anyone else have this issue?

my secondary link sends me to a page that loads forever and says site timed out. anyone else have this issue?
yes having issues with the site as well, it keeps timing out and giving me errors. I am assuming there are just a lot of users on it

Secondary received!

@PapaGuava

What would you guys consider a short essay? 250 words? I'm assuming they left it up to us to determine how short we want the responses but in case any of you got the answer from the school or from a previous applicant I thought I'd check in with y'all first.

Secondary received today. Mine is a little over half a page so I hope they don’t have problems with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you guys hit "Add essay," does it give you another spot to upload another essay? Mine just shows the prompts again, but it doesn't have an "upload" section

What would you guys consider a short essay? 250 words? I'm assuming they left it up to us to determine how short we want the responses but in case any of you got the answer from the school or from a previous applicant I thought I'd check in with y'all first.

Not gonna lie, it was the same as another schools question so I just used that one ~500 words

Do you guys know what their minimum/lowest acceptance MCAT is?

Their website says the average MCAT of class of 2022 was 501! I also saw they used to have a 492 minimum, but I have not seen an updated/publically posted minimum yet other than that old one

Last edited:
Has anyone had their fee waiver approved/applied?
The supplemental fee is still on my application, and it won't let me submit until I pay...I thought it would remove the fee since the primary application asked a question about it. Can't find anything on their website about an extra step we are supposed to take, and there's no place on the supplemental that allows us to select that we have a waiver...

There were a few people who posted on here last cycle that received interviews with 497-499s.

Their website says the average MCAT of class of 2022 was 501! I also saw they used to have a 492 minimum, but I have not seen an updated/publically posted minimum yet other than that old one

Some DO schools will have a bare minimum of 492 or 493 to apply, but I wouldn’t use this as a benchmark of any kind in reality.

Last edited:
Has anyone had their supplemental fee waived? I heard back from admissions and they said they were having technical difficulties, but didn't say what sort of timeline we were looking at. I don't want to pay if I don't have to, but I really want to get my app in....

Has anyone had their supplemental fee waived? I heard back from admissions and they said they were having technical difficulties, but didn't say what sort of timeline we were looking at. I don't want to pay if I don't have to, but I really want to get my app in....
I emailed them earlier this week. They are still having difficulties. I have yet to have my fee waived. We will get a confirmation email when it is waived.

I got an email today stating that the fee was waived. Then I got another email saying that my application was submitted and being processed even though my secondary app is still at "99%." I hope they actually received my application.

Received a second email today saying I was approved for the waiver. Went to the portal and the fee option was still the only option to submit. Checked back this afternoon and an option to request a waiver under the payment selection had appeared. Submitted another request and am currently waiting for approval through the portal to submit.

I received an e-mail saying that my fee waiver was processed. However, I was not given a secondary in the first place to use it on?

I received an e-mail saying that my fee waiver was processed. However, I was not given a secondary in the first place to use it on?
Did you check your spam/clutter/junk folder? One of my secondaries went to junk.

E-mailed the adcom's and they just sent it to me!

How strict is LMU-DCOM on the LOR requirements for non-traditional students who've been out of undergrad for couple years now.

Secondary finally submitted with fee waiver! *insert excited dancing GIF*

I checked my portal which shows that my file is complete and under review. But they never send me a complete email. Should I be worried? :(

I just received an email to submit a secondary. Following the link, I can't find the program (DO) anywhere on the list of programs. Did anyone else run into this issue?

I just received an email to submit a secondary. Following the link, I can't find the program (DO) anywhere on the list of programs. Did anyone else run into this issue?

I am having the exact same issue. DO is not listed anywhere as an application to work on.

I am having the exact same issue. DO is not listed anywhere as an application to work on.

Oh, just tried it again and it was there! I guess we were just a little too eager :)

I spoke with their IT this morning, sounds like they fixed it!