2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email... Accepted off waitlist! Interviewed 02/28.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
For those that asked me, I sent in a letter of intent with an update on my grades.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off waitlist! Interviewed on 4/16.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed 2/28

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I’m an incoming DCOM student, and I just had a quick question that I was hoping one of you may have some insight on. I know this was a long ways out, but my family is planning a trip and would leave the evening of December 14th. Does anyone know the nature of the remediation scheduled for the afternoon on December 15th? is this required for all students? It does mention Faculty specifically, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.37.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.37.53 AM.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 130
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I’m an incoming DCOM student, and I just had a quick question that I was hoping one of you may have some insight on. I know this was a long ways out, but my family is planning a trip and would leave the evening of December 14th. Does anyone know the nature of the remediation scheduled for the afternoon on December 15th? is this required for all students? It does mention Faculty specifically, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Thanks for the help.

Remediation is for students that do not pass the OSCE final they are given the opportunity to repeat it. You need to pass the final to pass the class. I would say not to book a flight before that just in case you need to remediate. You also just don't want that stress on you about missing a flight if you dont pass it the first time

It also is NOT ADVISED to schedule flights out of TN that last week of exams because, although it's not common, if it snows at any point the white spaces on those days are fair game for pushing back an exam if necessary. You will get the whole talk at orientation but they can move that last red exam anywhere in that week and you will have to cancel your flight. If you want to get flight insurance then thats different; other than that your flight out should be no earlier than friday. You can not leave until you know for sure that exam is going to be on monday.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the alternate list today! Interviewed 6/11. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their acceptance! There’s hope.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone in charge of the facebook page for housing (Harrogate)? Still pending to join.

Got accepted into my top choice and I withdrew my seat a couple of days ago. Hope it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist. Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Still seems pretty weird that they continued interviewing people into July. Anyone have any additional insight into that decision? The only thing I can think of is they predicted a large initial drop-out rate because of covid.. basically treating the WL as denials unless they desperately needed people.. but in the meantime continued to interview groups? Who knows ig

Don’t know if this might encourage anyone on the WL but apparently 11 people dropped out today. (Maybe went to other schools, I’m not sure.)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Don’t know if this might encourage anyone on the WL but apparently 11 people dropped out today. (Maybe went to other schools, I’m not sure.)
Thank you for sharing the info and this is good news. How did you hear about this?

Thank you for sharing the info and this is good news. How did you hear about this?
I jsent an email to Ms. Porter and she responded saying that they don't have any drop outs in the last few days.

I jsent an email to Ms. Porter and she responded saying that they don't have any drop outs in the last few days.

Good on you for checking.... I wonder how this person would be privy to that info... maybe just pulling legs

They probably heard the number of no-shows (students that pay deposits but don’t show up to orientation or class for whatever reason).

Classes started Monday, so I’m not sure if they would accept anyone after this point.

Reactions: 1 users
They probably heard the number of no-shows (students that pay deposits but don’t show up to orientation or class for whatever reason).

Classes started Monday, so I’m not sure if they would accept anyone after this point.
What? Why would spring semester starting have anything to do with new fall 2021 class

What? Why would spring semester starting have anything to do with new fall 2021 class

Check the thread - you’re looking at the application cycle that started Summer 2019 for Fall 2020 admission. Search for the 2020-2021 thread if you’re looking for info on Fall 2021 admission.