2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where do you live? I live on the Northshore so that might be why mine is here already. It could be a good thing for you! :)
I’m in downtown Nola. I sure hope so but the wait is killer :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, my mail doesn't come until almost 5:00pm daily, so I'm honestly a nervous wreck right now knowing it's coming and it'll be hours before I know anything! If there is anybody who is getting a letter today, hope you update us asap and earlier than mine will arrive. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. And literally have no clue what I will do this next year if I don't get accepted. I already did the master's route and think my MCAT would be what holds me back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, my mail doesn't come until almost 5:00pm daily, so I'm honestly a nervous wreck right now knowing it's coming and it'll be hours before I know anything! If there is anybody who is getting a letter today, hope you update us asap and earlier than mine will arrive. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. And literally have no clue what I will do this next year if I don't get accepted. I already did the master's route and think my MCAT would be what holds me back.
I’m in this exact position. Just finished my masters 2 weeks ago. I’m thinking if I get bad news, I’ll retake my mcat and probably do tulane’s one year masters program. They can't say no to 2 masters degrees, right?! :lol: lmao

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I’m in this exact position. Just finished my masters 2 weeks ago. I’m thinking if I get bad news, I’ll retake my mcat and probably do tulane’s one year masters program. They can't say no to 2 masters degrees, right?! :lol: lmao
I might be right there with you!

Same here, my mail comes around 3-4pm each day. Glad that after waiting since early March that I'm finally hearing something. I'll update as soon as I know though!

I didn't receive an informed delivery notice either and I also just finished my masters. I'm hoping they waited to make a decision on us since they didn't have our final transcript until last week!

I didn't receive an informed delivery notice either and I also just finished my masters. I'm hoping they waited to make a decision on us since they didn't have our final transcript until last week!
When did you send in your update? The letter is dated as May 22 (last Friday)

Somebody tell my ass not to keep looking outside for the mailman when I know good and well he isn't coming for a few hours:whoa:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
When did you send in your update? The letter is dated as May 22 (last Friday)

That was the day that I sent it. I received an email that they would add it to my file yesterday. I had a prereq on it, which is why I'm thinking they hadn't made a final decision on me yet.

Somebody tell my ass not to keep looking outside for the mailman when I know good and well he isn't coming for a few hours:whoa:
SAME! Lmao. And my mailman is lazy sometimes and doesn't drop off the mail even when I see it in the informed delivery. You better believe if that's the case, I will park my ass at the post office and wait until he pulls in from his shift to get this letter.

Me currently:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
SAME! Lmao. And my mailman is lazy sometimes and doesn't drop off the mail even when I see it in the informed delivery. You better believe if that's the case, I will park my ass at the post office and wait until he pulls in from his shift to get this letter.
Damn girl our mail men must be friends :highfive: Today is not the day for a personal day my man!!!

• Haha
Who’s in NOLA and wanna drink tonight? Going to need it either way

Reactions: 1 users
Got the R, interviewed 4/1, lower mcat 505, 3.5 GPA. DO school it is! Good luck y’all.

• Sad
Got the R, interviewed 4/1, lower mcat 505, 3.5 GPA. DO school it is! Good luck y’all.

If 505 MCAT is low, you baws don't want to know what mine is. It's why I'm having the difficulties I'm having, but it still stands that others get in with lower MCATs. The system is sort of corrupt because they can rhyme and reason an applicant any way they want to. A higher MCAT only helps, but it's not everything. To anyone rejected, do not give up. Persistence will pay off--just not this year, but we are paying our dues and may get a favorable nod next year over those who hadn't. Use the extra year productively, travel (whenever possible), and try to still treat yourself. We will have the time and will just delay the intense work. I will be a 3rd timer, and I will see you all in next year's thread. I'll be a running meme in the committee because I will be there every...year...until...

If 505 MCAT is low, you baws don't want to know what mine is. It's why I'm having the difficulties I'm having, but it still stands that others get in with lower MCATs. The system is sort of corrupt because they can rhyme and reason an applicant any way they want to. A higher MCAT only helps, but it's not everything. To anyone rejected, do not give up. Persistence will pay off--just not this year, but use the extra years productively, travel (whenever possible), and try to still treat yourself. I will be a 3rd timer, and I will see you all in next year's thread. I'll be a running meme in the committee because I will be there every...year...until...
Right, I’m heavily relying on my grad GPA, extracurriculars and LORs because I have a mediocre MCAT score. Also, I’m right there with you, it’s like y’all may as well accept me now because y’all just gonna keep seeing my name every year until you do :lol: :lol: :lol:

If 505 MCAT is low, you baws don't want to know what mine is. It's why I'm having the difficulties I'm having, but it still stands that others get in with lower MCATs. The system is sort of corrupt because they can rhyme and reason an applicant any way they want to. A higher MCAT only helps, but it's not everything. To anyone rejected, do not give up. Persistence will pay off--just not this year, but we are paying our dues and may get a favorable nod next year over those who hadn't. Use the extra year productively, travel (whenever possible), and try to still treat yourself. We will have the time and will just delay the intense work. I will be a 3rd timer, and I will see you all in next year's thread. I'll be a running meme in the committee because I will be there every...year...until...

Of course there are a variety of factors, I definitely didn’t woo my first interviewer— homie was stone cold, rattled off questions like a quiz and then proceeded to review my answers afterwards. Total interview was 6 minutes. I also applied later with my secondary being submitted in mid October— largely because they never sent me the link. Pretty surprised with the R, my interviews after went great and spoke to McCluggage for over 45 minutes. He taught the physician I worked with! Had a lot of “bonding”, but it is what it is. I’ve been in New a Orleans for 8 years, a change sounds nice. I’ve been out of school for 4 years so I’m gonna hit the DO route and call it, not doing this again haha

I wish I were there and could join you guys! I'll virtually drink with you guys in CA!
Right! wishing I was in nola now more than ever!!
Where in CA are you? Maybe we can drink together lollll (I'm in LA)

I was so confident after my interviews went well and the interviewees all told me I'd be a perfect fit and I was a wonderful candidate. I think that's why I'm struggling with the fact that my letter today is most likely not going to be the news I wanted to hear :unsure: Either way, if I don't get accepted, I'll figure out what I'm doing for the next year and work my ass off to ensure I get a spot next year!

Slapped me with the hard reject as expected.
F in chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
"Prioritized alternate list", so I guess the wait isn't over yet...Not sure how long I should wait to hear something before preparing to make a move to Shreveport!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
"Prioritized alternate list", so I guess the wait isn't over yet...Not sure how long I should wait to hear something before preparing to make a move to Shreveport.
Ah, a glimmer of hope. I’m hoping for the waitlist at this point!

Rejected today. interviewed beginning of October, WL in November

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Rejected. 3.71 cGPA, 3.54 sGPA, 509. 1000+ hours of research. Interviewed November. OOS though
Imma go lay down for a little bit

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users