2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected. 3.71 cGPA, 3.54 sGPA, 509. 1000+ hours of research. Interviewed November. OOS though
Imma go lay down for a little bit
same, it hurts

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
My letter came today with no informed delivery notification, talk about a heart attack. Rejected, 4.0 grad GPA, 3.2 undergrad GPA, 506 MCAT. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! MCAT round 4 here I come lol

• Sad
Lol I’m not even sure why they interviewed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Got that big “R” when I got home from dinner and got my letter. To those of you accepted or even waitlisted, best of luck! Hopefully the alternate list isn’t too long and some of y’all move into the matriculating class soon.

To my fellow rejects, see ya on the boards for next year. I’m going to get into LSU!

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
You guys have me obsessively checking my mail... Fourth time is the charm.

Reactions: 2 users
509 mcat on a retake, 3.64 cgpa
SAME! Lmao. And my mailman is lazy sometimes and doesn't drop off the mail even when I see it in the informed delivery. You better believe if that's the case, I will park my ass at the post office and wait until he pulls in from his shift to get this letter.

Me currently:

LOl

No letter yet, and I live in BR. Hopefully no news is good news?

Spoke to a guy who completed his master’s with me and was applying (he isn’t on student doc). He was waitlisted today. Any clue how many people are put on the waitlist and how soon they might expect to hear some news back? Is there even a chance at this point in getting off the WL?

He was accepted at Shreveport and is concerned about waiting too long to find housing there and move before classes begin, but he would love to be in New Orleans since he has a daughter who lives there with her mom.

Spoke to a guy who completed his master’s with me and was applying (he isn’t on student doc). He was waitlisted today. Any clue how many people are put on the waitlist and how soon they might expect to hear some news back? Is there even a chance at this point in getting off the WL?

He was accepted at Shreveport and is concerned about waiting too long to find housing there and move before classes begin, but he would love to be in New Orleans since he has a daughter who lives there with her mom.

I really don’t think he’s going to have an issue finding housing there. From what I’ve seen casually looking throughout the year, there’s always something available in the area (nice too). I’d say hold out as long as possible. Costs more money to break a lease than it does to just wait to sign one.

I'm in a similar predicament to him. As of now, I'm waiting until July and if I don't hear anything by then I am committing to LSU Shreveport so that I have somewhere to live when school starts on July 31st. Although there may not be as many rental houses in Shreveport as in NOLA, there are quite a few nice apartment complexes that someone can sign on last minute. My plan is to sign on to one of those early/mid-July if I never hear back from NOLA.

Just a warning, the rejection letter talks about the “prioritized alternate list” before they tell you that you’re not actually on the list and have been rejected. They really played me for a sec lmao. Brutal

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a warning, the rejection letter talks about the “prioritized alternate list” before they tell you that you’re not actually on the list and have been rejected. They really played me for a sec lmao. Brutal
That's awful. Who designs these letters.

Nothing on AMCAS, nothing via informed delivery... I may have officially lost my mind.

what do y'all think it means if we haven't gotten a letter yet? I'm in BR and interviewed in October

Nothing on AMCAS, nothing via informed delivery... I may have officially lost my mind.
what do y'all think it means if we haven't gotten a letter yet? I'm in BR and interviewed in October
i feel like its good news to not get a letter. Seems like everyone who got a letter this week and last week got rejected. Hopefully y'all get some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
The FB group is now at 199 members (4 admins + 196 students). Hopefully some of them are not planning to attend LSU and those of you who are on the WL or waiting to be accepted are!

The FB group is now at 199 members (4 admins + 196 students). Hopefully some of them are not planning to attend LSU and those of you who are on the WL or waiting to be accepted are!
What's their max class size again?

Best of luck to everyone still waiting! :) See some of y’all in next cycle’s threads and possibly at Tulane in the fall for the one year masters program!

I believe it's close to 200 but in previous years, the FB groups have had anywhere from 200-250+, so no clue on a definite number!
Medical school FB groups usually have members from previous classes, admin, academic advisors, etc as well as accepted students, so there are people to answer questions.

I'm pretty confident that the reason I wasn't accepted was because I applied so late in the cycle. That being said, when would it be acceptable to reapply? I am potentially retaking the MCAT as well (506 is my highest score) but wanted to go ahead and get my application and letters of recommendation submitted.

Also, my friend who was waitlisted mentioned his letter also saying he should prepare to reapply. Should he wait until June/July so it doesn't look like he doesn't have any hope of getting in or would that just show his desire to be at LSU?

Thanks y'all!

I'm pretty confident that the reason I wasn't accepted was because I applied so late in the cycle. That being said, when would it be acceptable to reapply? I am potentially retaking the MCAT as well (506 is my highest score) but wanted to go ahead and get my application and letters of recommendation submitted.

Also, my friend who was waitlisted mentioned his letter also saying he should prepare to reapply. Should he wait until June/July so it doesn't look like he doesn't have any hope of getting in or would that just show his desire to be at LSU?

Thanks y'all!

I submitted my primary the first day it opened and secondary the day after it was sent to me (early June iirc). So don’t think applying early will be able to fix your application alone.

That said, I think my rejection letter said you could schedule an appointment with an office member to discuss your application. I think that’s a great start to figure out how to improve!

Thanks y'all!
I think he should wait! Even if he wanted to apply early decision it isn't due until 8/1/20, so he would still have time to reapply even if he got a rejection in July.

I think he should wait! Even if he wanted to apply early decision it isn't due until 8/1/20, so he would still have time to reapply even if he got a rejection in July.
Hopefully y'all hear something before July! I tried searching previous year's forums and unfortunately, most people don't update after they hear they were placed on the alternate list, so I didn't have a lot of info to pass along to him!

Is there anyone who hasn’t heard back yet? I interviewed March 10th and live in BR.

I haven’t heard back yet. Called Kimberly yesterday and she said to call back if I haven’t heard anything by next Wednesday. Pretty sure it’s a rejection letter because I didn’t receive the acceptance phone call and I’m farther than some of you (Texas), but we’ll see.

Anyone heard anything yet? I’m definitely going to call Wednesday because I feel like I’m going stir crazy waiting to hear back still

Anyone heard anything yet? I’m definitely going to call Wednesday because I feel like I’m going stir crazy waiting to hear back still
I’m still waiting

I called today but got no answer so I left a voicemail. Hoping to hear back from them tomorrow.

Just called and the person at the desk said that I should have recieved something in the mail. I'm not at my apartment at the moment, so I'm waiting on my roomate to see for me.
Probably not good news if they didn't call me.

I just sent an email asking about the status of my application. I'm not expecting good news at this point.

Called and got my rejection letter via email cuz it didn't come in the mail. Good luck to everyone else!

• Sad
I just got a response. The decision was put in the mail today... probably not good.

So they just sent it out today?

That’s what they said in the email. With the way the postal service has been working, I’ll probably know just in time for the 2022 application.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I emailed and they’re sending me a new duplicate letter. Not sure why they didn’t just tell me via email.

I emailed and they’re sending me a new duplicate letter. Not sure why they didn’t just tell me via email.

I seriously don't understand any of their communication decisions... They could totally send it as a pdf!

Same here. They forgot to put my apartment number on the mail, so I have no idea where I stand at the moment. Probably not good news.

Just got my rejection today. Apparently they left off my apartment number initially so it was returned to sender and then they finally got my address correct. Good luck to everyone else!

• Sad
Is there anyone still in the WL? I still haven't gotten my letter yet and WL gang is my last hope.

My friend who isn’t on student doc is also still waiting and hopeful.
I would have them call to see. They forgot to put my apartment number on the letter, so there was a big delay. Another person on here had the same problem.