2019-2020 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To anyone that knows: (wish I got to ask these at the DOctor series)
1. Are there services in the school that help students create study schedules either for classes/tests or later for the COMLEX?
2. Do more students use FIRST aid to study for boards? I have some free time now due to COVID

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone that knows: (wish I got to ask these at the DOctor series)
1. Are there services in the school that help students create study schedules either for classes/tests or later for the COMLEX?
2. Do more students use FIRST aid to study for boards? I have some free time now due to COVID
There is a learning support person who is very engaged and always available. You are also assigned a faculty mentor and have the option for a student mentor as well, they can be somewhat helpful depending on who you get.

A decent number in my class used Boards and Beyond, Sketchy and Pathoma prior to dedicated and then UFAP(S) once they started dedicated. I would imagine that's still a pretty common approach even though the curriculum has changed some and USMLE is going P/F. Don't spend time studying prior to classes starting though.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a virtual interview with MU COM on 3/27 due to the virus. It was just a 2 on 1 interview solely and I think it went well for the most part. Only lasted about half an hour and was solely the interview. In my cohort there is a webex meeting April 3rd. I should have asked about a date when decisions are released. Does anyone by any chance know the typical time frame? Are most students getting waitlisted that interviewed in March?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a virtual interview with MU COM on 3/27 due to the virus. It was just a 2 on 1 interview solely and I think it went well for the most part. Only lasted about half an hour and was solely the interview. In my cohort there is a webex meeting April 3rd. I should have asked about a date when decisions are released. Does anyone by any chance know the typical time frame? Are most students getting waitlisted that interviewed in March?
When did you get the interview invite?

I don’t know that virtual would make a change. I interviewed on a Friday and got the decision the following Tuesday

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone here who applied to live at the Overlook heard back about open spots yet?

They usually take a while to get a match list out and from the external ones I've seen in the past they aren't that detailed. I do know we had like a 95% match and 100% placement and so far almost all I've spoken with have gotten their #1.
I LOVE THIS!!

How long till they get back to you post-interview? I had a virtual interview on March 27th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else interview on March 14th and not hear anything back yet?

Congrats! I guess I may have gotten a silent rejection?

I don't think MU-COM does silent rejections. Almost all interviewees that are not accepted via a phone call are placed on the waitlist. Did your portal get updated? If you were waitlisted you have to accept the waitlist placement in the portal. There's also a possibility they may not have gotten to your app review. Good luck!!

I don't think MU-COM does silent rejections. Almost all interviewees that are not accepted via a phone call are placed on the waitlist. Did your portal get updated? If you were waitlisted you have to accept the waitlist placement in the portal. There's also a possibility they may not have gotten to your app review. Good luck!!
Agreed, last week they sent me an email saying they didnt have a chance to review my application and that they would get to it in the next few weeks. So they might have not gotten to review your app yet. Good luck!

I just received an email that says my financial aid awards package is available but it requires me to sign into MUHUB to view it. Does anyone know what our username/password should be? Or where we can find it?

I just received an email that says my financial aid awards package is available but it requires me to sign into MUHUB to view it. Does anyone know what our username/password should be? Or where we can find it?
Did you already apply for FAFSA?

What time do they normally call if you are accepted?

I have not yet. Did they say when they usually send those out?
Okay, good to hear. No, they haven’t. Just going off a previous post from a couple of days ago in this thread, somebody mentioned they already received an email regarding their financial aid award package.

ahh 2:45 and still no call!! I am getting anxious

Waitlisted. I'm very passionate to go here. Who should I make a letter of intent to?

ahh 2:45 and still no call!! I am getting anxious
Waitlisted :/ not disappointed because staying rather optimistic. I would really love to go to this school. Does anyone have information on how the alternate list moves? Thank you!

For those who have submitted a letter of intent, does MU-COM send a reply to confirm that they received the letter?

Is it permissible to attach a copy of a transcript when giving a letter of intent

Is it permissible to attach a copy of a transcript when giving a letter of intent
Yes. You are allowed to send in updates to the medical school of current activities/events you have participated in. I’d highly recommend that. I did that early in January just to show them like “hey this is what I’ll be doing this semester”

They will start accepting off the waitlist after May 1st and there are 3 tiers of where you could be put at in the waitlist, where 1st tier has the best chance of admission and 3rd tier has the least chance.

They will start accepting off the waitlist after May 1st and there are 3 tiers of where you could be put at in the waitlist, where 1st tier has the best chance of admission and 3rd tier has the least chance.
Is it possible to know which tier you're in?

Is it possible to know which tier you're in?
They don't give out that information. Historically, being on the waitlist was not a bad position as they took a significant number off of it, but more recently they have had to take less off of it.

So next time they review waitlisted is in May correct?

I just sent in a letter of intent, but didn’t receive an email response back? :p

Hey @MUCOM, on or around when should we be expecting our initial financial aid award letter (for accepted and attending students)given that is what most students need for proof of income during school to apply for housing? Thank you in advance.

Last edited: