2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So they're really going to call everyone? To be honest, there are a few questions I am not too comfortable asking administration, on top of the possibility I might not get a wholly transparent or relevant answer compared to asking students.
I am a second year student, PM me if you have a question you'd rather ask a student than admin.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like they are inviting waitlisted people to the virtual second look as well.

Edit: Well the recording of it.

I received the email that the second look for AZ will be virtual, but I have not heard back from AZ after my interview. Did this happen for anyone else?

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the email that the second look for AZ will be virtual, but I have not heard back from AZ after my interview. Did this happen for anyone else?

You didn't hear back at all? You should have heard something. (A/waitlist/R). Does the email start: "Dear MCASOM Arizona Alternate Applicants, " If so you are on the waitlist and they seem to be allowing waitlist folks to watch the video.

Do you guys think for just stating our continued interest its best to upload a document to the portal or send an email (and if so, to whom?)? I interviewed 2+2 for MN so I haven't communicated with AZ yet and I want to make sure I do it in the best way. Thank you!

Do you guys think for just stating our continued interest its best to upload a document to the portal or send an email (and if so, to whom?)? I interviewed 2+2 for MN so I haven't communicated with AZ yet and I want to make sure I do it in the best way. Thank you!

Did you interview for Arizona? I thought each school did their own set of interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
>>>>>We have worked diligently to create a virtual Second Look program on March 21, which will be recorded. We will send you the link to the recording when it becomes available.

Did anyone get link of recording?

>>>>>We have worked diligently to create a virtual Second Look program on March 21, which will be recorded. We will send you the link to the recording when it becomes available.

Did anyone get link of recording?

Nope, I'd wait a few business days, I'm sure there is exciting to do.

I think they said they would send it out sometime during this week. They mentioned they were preparing a lot of materials to share with us like the 2020 match list, mailing a list of housing options, emails of presenters, and a few other things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, does anyone know when we should see some waitlist movement?

Since expressing interest/intent after the interview was so heavily emphasized, do you think it would be helpful to send a letter reaffirming that interest now, after being WLed? I don't have any updates significant enough to send an update letter, and I already sent an LOI months ago, but I would happily send...another one? Any advice/info about their expectations during this period?

Since expressing interest/intent after the interview was so heavily emphasized, do you think it would be helpful to send a letter reaffirming that interest now, after being WLed? I don't have any updates significant enough to send an update letter, and I already sent an LOI months ago, but I would happily send...another one? Any advice/info about their expectations during this period?
i asked my m1 friend and he said it would be better to just sit tight if you'd already sent in a letter of intent. if its a letter of interest you might wanna send in another?

Second look video is out... 4 hours without the option of watching at 2x speed.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the match list is available online?

You didn't hear back at all? You should have heard something. (A/waitlist/R). Does the email start: "Dear MCASOM Arizona Alternate Applicants, " If so you are on the waitlist and they seem to be allowing waitlist folks to watch the video.
No I haven’t received communication past the “Committee Complete” email. I was called during the whole MN fiasco that I was waitlisted for that campus, but I have not heard from AZ? Very strange.

I believe it was sent out to admitted/waitlisted students in an email today.

I'm waitlisted and I received an email with the second look recording, but not the match list as far as I can tell.

Arizona has not had a class graduate, so it has not had a match list. Some Rochester matches are talked about in the second look video, haven't watched it all, so I am not sure if they list everything.

Arizona has not had a class graduate, so it has not had a match list. Some Rochester matches are talked about in the second look video, haven't watched it all, so I am not sure if they list everything.

You're right, for some reason I thought that they were graduating their first class this year. My bad!

Second look video is out... 4 hours without the option of watching at 2x speed.
Preparing you for the Blackboard modules

There is an add-on I'd download for your browser that lets you 2x,3x, 4x etc any video

No more mandatory lectures starting next year according to the Q&A they put out:

"We have a change in our attendance policy for the coming year. Lectures will not be mandatory effective our upcoming academic year. We do encourage attendance, given the small class size and opportunity to get to meet and know professors, but understand this does not work for everyone. Small group attendance and all clinical experiences will be."

• Love
No more mandatory lectures starting next year according to the Q&A they put out:

"We have a change in our attendance policy for the coming year. Lectures will not be mandatory effective our upcoming academic year. We do encourage attendance, given the small class size and opportunity to get to meet and know professors, but understand this does not work for everyone. Small group attendance and all clinical experiences will be."
Wow, that is really the only downside I have had at this school was the inflexibility that policy had. That is amazing to hear!

Do you have a link for this?

Do you have a link for this?

They briefly mentioned a change coming during the recorded second look as well. Minnesota thread mentioned it is now on MSAR as well.

Looks like this might cause less waitlist movement :(.

Says we are responsible for material covered in lecture. Do they record it?
They record it currently but it typically takes 3 days for it to be posted, and I still after 2 years am not quite sure where it is posted anyways.

They record it currently but it typically takes 3 days for it to be posted, and I still after 2 years am not quite sure where it is posted anyways.
Do you think most students will continue to attend classes? Just curious

Do you think most students will continue to attend classes? Just curious
Yes, I think most will, some will start and then realize they study better at home, some will mix it up depending on the topic/material.

I think it really is about your study style and making the curriculum work for you. And if you are studying and realize "I don't get this topic" that's a good day to make sure you're in lecture and can speak to the professor about the concept.

Anyone get off the WL yet?

Do they have a Facebook page to know how many are accepted? Also, do they have three separate FB page for MN, AZ and 2+2 program?

This was mentioned before (page 15), but ~60 people were accepted, and the Facebook page is specific to AZ.

This was mentioned before (page 15), but ~60 people were accepted, and the Facebook page is specific to AZ.
I was looking for Facebook group link and I can't find it. I wanted to check how number changes after April 15 and 30
Anyone has FB link?

It's called "Mayo-AZ Class of 2024", but it's private. PM me if you want to know the increases in members after those dates.

is there a deadline to send update letters??

I don’t think there’s a formal deadline, but I would try to get them in this week. Last year, Mayo waitlist decisions went out in the first week of May. Decisions may be delayed because of covid-19 also.

Thoughts on sending another LOI or update after sending a LOI months ago?

Should I just throw my hands up and let things go their course?

I think it's over for us who didn't get this email:

"Wanted to give you an update on the Admissions process. We will be making more offers for admission in the next few weeks, and the Admissions Committee had asked for us to contact all highly ranked candidates to inquire of their ongoing interest in Mayo. You are considered a strong candidate for those positions.

Please let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that you will end up with us at Mayo.

I seem to recall last year that Arizona did not send those emails. No clue about this year though.