2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys think they’ll make calls for WL people tomorrow?
I mean they have no reason not to. All the spots that are going to open from April 30 deadline will be open by the end of the day. But they work in strange ways so who knows

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The last two years, acceptances came out on May 2. Maybe they met on May 1 to make decisions. In this case, we could be waiting until Monday...

Reactions: 1 users
The last two years, acceptances came out on May 2. Maybe they met on May 1 to make decisions. In this case, we could be waiting until Monday...
My hope is they’re gracious and do whatever they need to do in the morning and make calls in the afternoon rather than making people wait the weekend but maybe it takes them a long time to meet and make decisions, who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
My hope is they’re gracious and do whatever they need to do in the morning and make calls in the afternoon rather than making people wait the weekend but maybe it takes them a long time to meet and make decisions, who knows.
I’m torn. Part of me thinks that they could easily make a list of the WL applicants to pull from and then first thing on May 1 pull as many as you need to fill the class. However I read from somewhere (I think from last year’s thread) that they like to accept WL applicants that are similar to those individuals that gave up their spot. That make sense? In that case, I guess it makes sense that they’d have to wait until May 1 to start deliberations about who to pull. But like @datboi_58 said, maybe they can figure it out in the morning in time to send out the A’s in the afternoon. Otherwise, I’m afraid we’re waiting until Monday. Ya’ll don’t think that they’d make calls Saturday, would they?

I’m torn. Part of me thinks that they could easily make a list of the WL applicants to pull from and then first thing on May 1 pull as many as you need to fill the class. However I read from somewhere (I think from last year’s thread) that they like to accept WL applicants that are similar to those individuals that gave up their spot. That make sense? In that case, I guess it makes sense that they’d have to wait until May 1 to start deliberations about who to pull. But like @datboi_58 said, maybe they can figure it out in the morning in time to send out the A’s in the afternoon. Otherwise, I’m afraid we’re waiting until Monday. Ya’ll don’t think that they’d make calls Saturday, would they?
Who knows. All we can do is wait. More spots will likely come out in the next 2-3 days. Nothing we can do to control it. I say, if we don't hear tomorrow, then we all have a nice weekend, take a little time for ourselves, and see what happens.

For such a small class, I wouldn't be surprised if they need to take a little more time to balance out the demographics. The wait sucks but keep busy so you don't go crazy.

They are gracious. Got the call last night!

Edit: I did receive the interest email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Got the call this morning - missed it last night (I live on the east coast so it was around midnight). Got the interest email and sent a LOI. First acceptance - so excited!!

Reactions: 8 users
Got the call as well! I also received the interest email.

I guess it's over for us. GG guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance they’ll send out more As next week? I really don’t want it to be over

I also got the acceptance phone call this morning! Truly a dream come true.

For those still waiting, don't lose hope quite yet. I went through both campuses' threads for the last three application cycles and made this graph of when Mayo historically makes acceptances from the waitlist (based on SDN-reported acceptances). Although most of the acceptances seem to be concentrated at the beginning of the month, I'm betting that there are more to come!
1588451410322.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I also got the acceptance phone call this morning! Truly a dream come true.

For those still waiting, don't lost hope quite yet. I went through both campuses' threads for the last three application cycles and made this graph of when Mayo historically makes acceptances from the waitlist (based on SDN-reported acceptances). Although most of the acceptances seem to be concentrated at the beginning of the month, I'm betting that there are more to come!
View attachment 304957
Did you get an interest email?

Did you get an interest email?

I did get the interest email last week. When I was going through the threads from the last three years, I also kept track of how often the interest email led to an acceptance from the waitlist. I concluded that the interest emails do not always correspond with an acceptance from the waitlist, but they do have relatively strong predictive value.

Accepted from waitlist - Who did you get call from? Interviewer? Dean? or someone else?

Anyone who got the interest email that didn’t get a call?

Every year few get accepted from wailtlist for 2+2. Anyone got off waitlist for 2+2 yet?

Yes, from the facebook group it looks like at least one person joined off the 2+2 waitlist

Yes, from the facebook group it looks like at least one person joined off the 2+2 waitlist
Does it usually take a while to get approved on the Facebook page? I’ve been Pending since Saturday.

Does it usually take a while to get approved on the Facebook page? I’ve been Pending since Saturday.

They're usually pretty fast. It looks like the last few people were added on Friday, so I'm sure you'll be added soon.

So I just did some spying and it looks like there’re 63 people in that mayo Facebook group now...

Do you think that number includes 2+2 individuals?

Does anyone know what Mayo feels about reapplicants? I most likely will be reapplying soon unfortunately :(

Is there any chance that Mayo over-accepts from off the waitlist? Like is there a chance that during that first wave of acceptances from off the waitlist on May 1st, that they accepted more people off the waitlist than they had seats for?

Does anyone know what Mayo feels about reapplicants? I most likely will be reapplying soon unfortunately :(
I've definitely seen reapplicants with IIs at Mayo, so don't lose hope! I'll be reapplying next cycle and was hoping to get feedback on my app, but the office of admissions said that they wouldn't be able to provide feedback anymore due to COVID-19. During these "feedback" conversations I always ask about how the school views reapplicants, and I've gotten very honest, mostly positive responses from good schools (Duke and Case Western's College program). I was told to just make sure it's obvious you've improved/changed in some capacity. Hoping the same goes for Mayo! Feel free to DM me for moral support/more info :)

Is there any chance that Mayo over-accepts from off the waitlist? Like is there a chance that during that first wave of acceptances from off the waitlist on May 1st, that they accepted more people off the waitlist than they had seats for?

+1 I'd also like to know

Losing hope

• Sad
Any accepted student from GroupMe share similar info for AZ please... Thanks in advance.

From MN thread >>> 2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota
>>>>There are quite a lot of current students on the FB group. In the class GroupMe there are 42 students currently to give a bit more accurate number.

Afaik there is only a Facebook group with about 57 non-students (just guessing), no Groupme.

Afaik there is only a Facebook group with about 57 non-students (just guessing), no Groupme.
Sorry, I am confused. Currently it has 61 members with 3 admins plus I assume few more students and some may have dropped Mayo but didn't get out of the group. What do yo mean by "Facebook group with about 57 non-students"
You mean probably 57 students?

Sorry, I am confused. Currently it has 61 members with 3 admins plus I assume few more students and some may have dropped Mayo but didn't get out of the group. What do yo mean by "Facebook group with about 57 non-students"
You mean probably 57 students?

I think they’re saying 57 non-(current)-students, so 57 accepted people

No one knows how many 2+2 there are for AZ/Fl?

I think they’re saying 57 non-(current)-students, so 57 accepted people
This would imply that when they went to accept students off the waitlist last week, they over-accepted. Could the committee be that confident that several individuals would still drop out of the running?

They could have planned/committed to enroll somewhere else, but not left the Facebook group.

No one’s heard anything so far this week?

• Sad
I received an interest email at 4:00 California time today

Reactions: 3 users
If not, recommend my name please

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users