2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Fellow 2+2 applicants! I requested this thread so we can follow each other more closely on the process, instead of keeping asking what's going on with 2+2 in the MN and AZ threads.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
was put on hold here :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Do y’all think a hold here instead of an R means you’re at least a moderately competitive applicant for top 30s?

Havent heard back from other schools, but submitted apps around labor day and am slightly worried

Edit: by “competitive” i mean not an insane reach

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Do y’all think a hold here instead of an R means you’re at least a moderately competitive applicant for top 30s?

Havent heard back from other schools, but submitted apps around labor day and am slightly worried

My understanding is that a Hold there means you are definitely a viable candidate. They just interview a very small number of people for 2+2.

Also put on hold for 2+2, hoping this is the case!

Reactions: 1 user
My understanding is that a Hold there means you are definitely a viable candidate. They just interview a very small number of people for 2+2.

Thank you for this needed strength

Hello! 2+2 applicant here. Was also put on hold.

Has anyone here who applied for 2+2 and put on hold later given an II for the regular track?

Hello! 2+2 applicant here. Was also put on hold.

Has anyone here who applied for 2+2 and put on hold later given an II for the regular track?

I didn't see one from last year's thread, but I didn't look through it too closely.

Hold just now for 2+2 from MN app. No status change on 2+2 from AZ app.
Complete date 9/15.

I’m actually quite thrilled that it wasn’t an R.

So, not that it really matters I guess but does anyone know if the interviews for 2+2 and regular admissions are different? In other words, is getting a hold for 2+2 the same as getting a hold for the regular interview, as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, not that it really matters I guess but does anyone know if the interviews for 2+2 and regular admissions are different? In other words, is getting a hold for 2+2 the same as getting a hold for the regular interview, as well?
supposedly, it's a more competitive choice and if you are not chosen for it, you are still in the run for the 4-year program. I don't think the interviews are that different other than being in FL.

How was interview yesterday? Any feedback?

Anyone interviewed for 2+2 got an email about ranking?

• Sad
when will we here from Mayo about acceptance?

when will we here from Mayo about acceptance?

Most likely at the same time when the other campuses hear back which should be the around the middle of this month

Anyone interviewed for 2+2 got an email about ranking?
I received one saying that my ranking had been determined
thats it
*do you guys know how much importance Mayo places on life history research experience and such as compared to mcat/gpa?

I may be wrong but my understanding is that MCAT/GPA/Secondary essays are good to get into interview. After that interview itself is the decision maker.

According to a med student from the Minnesota thread, today is the day

Calls have begun per the MN thread, hopefully us 2+2 applicants all hear good news soon

As per admission office, nothing is released today. Will release sometime this week.

Got the call! Super excited to be accepted for 2+2!

• Love
Got the call! Super excited to be accepted for 2+2!
Congratulations!!
Anyone else got in 2+2?
Can you tell me initial of your interviewer or caller please.
Thanks a lot.

anyone on wait list for 2+2?

Do they have a Facebook page to know how many are accepted? Also, do they have three separate FB page for MN, AZ and 2+2 program?

Those of us in 2+2 are either in MN or AZ facebook groups depending on where we're starting. There's no seperate 2+2 group

Every year few get accepted from wailtlist for 2+2. Anyone got off waitlist for 2+2 yet?

Every year few get accepted from wailtlist for 2+2. Anyone got off waitlist for 2+2 yet?

Not me :( but on the bright side, someone I know who got in off the 2+2 WL last year received the call on like 5/14!

I think three people have been accepted off the waitlist for the 2+2 for the AZ FL program

Hey guys, 2020-2021 applicant here. I was just wondering if anyone accepted to 2 +2 didn’t send a letter of intent. Trying to figure out how important it is