2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've definitely not heard anything from Mayo since the awful waitlist call.

Same... maybe things are also delayed this year because of the pandemic :(

Members don't see this ad.

Do they have a Facebook page to know how many are accepted? Also, do they have three separate FB page for MN, AZ and 2+2 program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dumb question, but does anyone know the diff between Dr. Fisher and Dr. Bostwick's role? On my emails, it seems to indicate Fischer is the
Senior Associate Dean for Admissions (he's signs his name this way in the ii), but Mayo's website says he's chair and Bostwick is Senior Associate Dean for Admissions. So which one is Senior Associate Dean for Admissions? And who has more authority, the Senior Associate Dean for Admissions or the chair?

It's a common point of confusion. From my understanding, Dr. Fischer is the chair of admissions for Rochester specifically. He has counterparts in Arizona and in Florida. Dr. Bostwick heads admissions enterprise-wide (i.e. all three sites).

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else just get this email? (I applied 2+2 MN/FL)

"Wanted to give you an update on the Admissions process. We will be making more offers for admission in the next few weeks, and the Admissions Committee had asked for us to contact all highly ranked candidates to inquire of their ongoing interest in Mayo. You are considered a strong candidate for those positions.

Please let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that you will end up with us at Mayo."

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else just get this email? (I applied 2+2 MN/FL)

"Wanted to give you an update on the Admissions process. We will be making more offers for admission in the next few weeks, and the Admissions Committee had asked for us to contact all highly ranked candidates to inquire of their ongoing interest in Mayo. You are considered a strong candidate for those positions.

Please let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that you will end up with us at Mayo."
“Hey cutie! I just wanna let you know that you might have a shot at dating me. I’m considering a few good looking people. My parents suggested that I reach out to all my top suitors and ask how bad you want me. You are amongst these good looking people!

Please let me know how great I am and how much you desire me. Keeping my fingers crossed that one of these CURRENTLY ACCEPTED side pieces will drop and a position will open up for you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hope its just 2+2 cause I got nothin

Reactions: 1 user
“Hey cutie! I just wanna let you know that you might have a shot at dating me. I’m considering a few good looking people. My parents suggested that I reach out to all my top suitors and ask how bad you want me. You are amongst these good looking people!

Please let me know how great I am and how much you desire me. Keeping my fingers crossed that one of these CURRENTLY ACCEPTED side pieces will drop and a position will open up for you ;)

This is too real :laugh:

Hope its just 2+2 cause I got nothin

Based on last year's thread, this is probably just a 2+2 only thing! Fingers crossed for you guys

Got the interest email as well.
Is that significant based on previous years or nah?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the interest email for regular MD.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Here’s a hypothesis. Since Mayo has an unusual way of crafting its class, I’d say that receiving an email is maybe correlated with being similar to someone who was accepted but already turned down the offer. Maybe?

Anyone get a letter informing them they aren't considered anymore? Apparently AZ campus is sending them out, curious if MN is doing the same...

NVM just got it. That's unfortunate...

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
IWonder if these rejections are because more people are matriculating than they expected or because they didn't reject a lot of people they meant to reject due to their screw-up earlier this cycle. Seems very unlike Mayo to reject WL so early.

IWonder if these rejections are because more people are matriculating than they expected or because they didn't reject a lot of people they meant to reject due to their screw-up earlier this cycle. Seems very unlike Mayo to reject WL so early.
I don't know that they actually waitlisted anyone they originally wanted to reject. My understanding is the initial rejections went out before the whole acceptance screw up.

I don't know that they actually waitlisted anyone they originally wanted to reject. My understanding is the initial rejections went out before the whole acceptance screw up.

I heard the same from someone in touch with the admissions committee. I don't know why the "waitlist everyone" is even circulating around. There was at least 1 post-II R listed here. Plus another that was deleted.

I just got the second-look recording email? Even though I'm still on the WL and haven't heard anything at all since my WL decision. Anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
I just got the second-look recording email? Even though I'm still on the WL and haven't heard anything at all since my WL decision. Anyone else?
Yes, same. Was just about to post the same question!

Pretty sure everyone got it, but that's just speculation on my part.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know what's worse, if they sent it on purpose, it has no use to us on the WL at this point and would only serve to add salt to the wound. I skimmed the videos, they're addressing those who were accepted (not salty at all). No other school invites its WLs to second look as far as I know.

Now if they didn't send it on purpose, if this was yet another "glitch in the system"... I have no words

Leave it to Mayo to find a way to screw us over one more time before this cursed app cycle ends

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse, if they sent it on purpose, it has no use to us on the WL at this point and would only serve to add salt to the wound. I skimmed it, it's addressing those who were accepted (not salty at all). No other school invites its WLs to second look as far as I know.

Now if they didn't send it on purpose, if this was yet another "glitch in the system"... I have no words

Leave it to Mayo to find a way to screw us over one more time before this cursed app cycle ends
Arizona sent their second look recording to their waitlist students too, so I do not think this was a glitch.

So the youtube 2nd look video has 130ish views, I think Mayo kinda inadvertantly told us how many people are on the WL. I assume 150ish since some folks probably didn't watch it.

Theoretically, couldn't already accepted students and staff also watch it?

Did anyone else get an email stating that your FAFSA didn't include parental information even though it did?

What is the commit To enroll date for MCASOM?
Plan to enroll I know is April 30 for all

I don't expect any WL movement until they have good count of acceptance till April 30.