2019-2020 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It sounds like those who were nice enough to call this week (thank you!!) have gotten conflicting info about there still being committee meetings left vs. all of us will hear by the end of this week. So a little worried that the silence ultimately means rejection

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, haven't heard anything either. Expecting the R soon unless they do waves of WLs.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like those who were nice enough to call this week (thank you!!) have gotten conflicting info about there still being committee meetings left vs. all of us will hear by the end of this week. So a little worried that the silence ultimately means rejection
I sent an email earlier this week and they told me they’re working to finalize all decisions as soon as possible, but they’re not sure exactly when that will be. It was agonizingly vague.

This is what was stated in my WL email. Hopefully its just a template and they're still giving out acceptances for yall

"At this time, the Admissions Committee has completed its initial acceptance of applicants for the entering class of 2020 and we would like to offer you a position on the alternate list. Any vacancies occurring in the class between now and matriculation in late July 2020 will be filled by individuals serving on our alternate list. "

Reactions: 1 users
This system seems unnecessarily cruel. “We decided we’re going to waitlist or reject you, but we will leave you writhing in agony and pitifully clinging to hope as long as possible only to finally shoot you down after months of watching others get accepted.”

They're still sending out waitlist notifications - just got the email a few minutes ago.

They're still sending out waitlist notifications - just got the email a few minutes ago.
Same, just got waitlisted. Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like with MCG?

Omg bless you for posting. I just got mine too. I guess it’s better than an R but I’m still sad.

Who all is in state Vs. OOS thay got waitlisted?

Also WL a few minutes ago. Here’s hoping we get some good news in a few months!

Members don't see this ad :)
In-State waitlisted and interviewed 01/07 Honestly my interview and application materials are good. Only flaw I can see is my MCAT score (507) and GPA (3.63). But I will leave it in God’s hands. If no waitlist movement til May occurs, I will finalize with DO

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I got a waitlist email around 2:30 and the website worked for me to accept the alternate list position. Does it mean anything whether you received an notification in the first or second wave? Like is the first wave higher up on the list?

I got a waitlist email around 2:30 and the website worked for me to accept the alternate list position. Does it mean anything whether you received an notification in the first or second wave? Like is the first wave higher up on the list?

Haha there's no way for any of us to know that, but I doubt it. Try not to read too far into it.

Same, just got waitlisted. Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like with MCG?
Wondering the same thing. Their MSAR page for waitlist movement is blank. :dead:

Good luck to you all. I got a plain old fat rejection. So be thankful to get waitlisted as the status could be a lot worse. Peace out!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Those that got accepted: Did you get a notification when the school received your signed acceptance letter and deposit? Have you heard anything from financial aid?

Those that got accepted: Did you get a notification when the school received your signed acceptance letter and deposit? Have you heard anything from financial aid?

Yes, I just received my confirmation email and no about financial aid.

I was accepted several months ago and have not received any financial aid information either. I'm planning on inquiring with the financial aid office about this during Revisit Day next week.

Has anyone sent admissions an email to change their campus preference? If so, how long did it take for them to respond / change your portal?

When I went to my interview on Oct 1, they stated that they would let us know after the revisit day this Saturday. I don’t know if this is still the case though.

Does anyone know when we are to be notified of our campus selection?
[/QUOTE/]

Did anyone else that's waitlisted get the email an hour ago about their curriculum changes?

Reactions: 5 users
Received that email as well...interesting that Athens is unchanged. I wonder if that’s just bc they haven’t made an official announcement yet or they’re sticking with status quo.

I’m OOS and unfortunately won’t be attending the open house this weekend (really wanted to!!). If anyone is willing to share insights from the open house, that would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received that email as well...interesting that Athens is unchanged. I wonder if that’s just bc they haven’t made an official announcement yet or they’re sticking with status quo.

I’m OOS and unfortunately won’t be attending the open house this weekend (really wanted to!!). If anyone is willing to share insights from the open house, that would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the Athens campus was ever intended to switch to the new curriculum, and I don't believe they will be making a change in the near future. Per most of the discussion yesterday at First Look, the new curriculum at Augusta is going to look more like the Athens curriculum than it ever has before (i.e. more small group learning and less lecture). Even though they are moving to the condensed curriculum for our year, they are only offering one (advanced residency preparation/research) of the 3 tracks that they will eventually offer for future classes (2025+).

I don't think the Athens campus was ever intended to switch to the new curriculum, and I don't believe they will be making a change in the near future. Per most of the discussion yesterday at First Look, the new curriculum at Augusta is going to look more like the Athens curriculum than it ever has before (i.e. more small group learning and less lecture). Even though they are moving to the condensed curriculum for our year, they are only offering one (advanced residency preparation/research) of the 3 tracks that they will eventually offer for future classes (2025+).
Do you mind elaborating on the "advanced residency preparation/research" tracks you're talking about? Are you talking about the 3+3 tracks?

Do you mind elaborating on the "advanced residency preparation/research" tracks you're talking about? Are you talking about the 3+3 tracks?
Definitely! On interview day, my group was told that there were only going to be minor changes to the curriculum for the class of 2024 as they transition to the 3+ curriculum program for the class of 2025. Online it shows that they will have 3 pathways to choose from: primary care residency (3+3) or dual degree/advanced specialty preparation (i.e. research, extra clerkships, etc) in the 4th year. From my understanding, they went ahead and decided to give the class of 2024 the condensed 3 year curriculum that would be given to the Class of 2025, though we are still required to do 4 years. The 4th year gives us more opportunities for research or as they call it advanced residency/specialty preparation. They mentioned that this allows us extra opportunities for electives, research or anything else during the 4th year.

Did anyone at the revisit day hear anything about when they’ll send out campus assignments? I figured we’d know by now

Did anyone at the revisit day hear anything about when they’ll send out campus assignments? I figured we’d know by now
Because of the curriculum changes, they are giving everyone til this Friday to make any changes to the campus they want to attend. Hopefully we will hear shortly after that.

Anyone have a general idea of about how many applicants get accepted off the WL each cycle? There's no info for it on MSAR but I wonder if anyone has inside info.

Anyone have a general idea of about how many applicants get accepted off the WL each cycle? There's no info for it on MSAR but I wonder if anyone has inside info.
From old research I collected, around 20 from the students who signed in here with sdn and I would say 20-30 that they have not used sdn. in total 40-50 , these numbers from 2-3 years before last year. Don't have good numbers for last year.

Reactions: 3 users
I know there is a lot going on right now because of COVID-19, but has anyone heard anything about a time frame for us hearing on campus assignments?

I know there is a lot going on right now because of COVID-19, but has anyone heard anything about a time frame for us hearing on campus assignments?
I have not, but I have found the admissions team to be very responsive to emails despite the COVID-19 chaos.