2019-2020 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II this morning to Milwaukee campus. Received small pool email a couple of months ago. Will be declining - hope it goes to one of you guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted to Central WI campus today. Got a random email about scholarships and suspiciously opened the application portal to confirm. I thought decisions were coming on Friday?

WL at central Wisconsin campus today. Interviewed 1/16, IS from about a half hour away from the campus. Little bit of a bummer, because staying near home would've been nice with my wife and kid (soon to be kids).

Anybody know how much the waitlist for satellite campuses moves and when?
Hang on until Friday. Forget that it's only Wednesday. Satellite campuses have to submit their bid to Milwaukee for confirmation. Fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hang on until Friday. Forget that it's only Wednesday. Satellite campuses have to submit their bid to Milwaukee for confirmation. Fingers crossed for you!
Congrats on the acceptance! From what I understood, the 31st is the latest that we would hear back and some could hear back earlier. I'll keep you posted if anything changes though. Thanks for the advice!

Small pooled 11/21, II this morning Milwaukee campus! I am OOS

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II just now OOS!!!!! (strong ties to Wisconsin). Never small pooled.

Seemed to be only two dates left at MKE Campus in Feb.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
WL at central Wisconsin campus today. Interviewed 1/16, IS from about a half hour away from the campus. Little bit of a bummer, because staying near home would've been nice with my wife and kid (soon to be kids).

Anybody know how much the waitlist for satellite campuses moves and when?
I heard from multiple sources that only a few people are accepted per interview group right out of the gate. A lot of people are waitlisted and then there is a lot of movement off of the waitlist. I may stand corrected, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

Edit: I heard this for Central WI and GB campus only.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
so is a WL at MCW-Milwaukee basically just an R considering they took nobody off the WL last year? Also with such a post-II acceptance rate my WL at that campus doesn't feel too great :/

so is a WL at MCW-Milwaukee basically just an R considering they took nobody off the WL last year? Also with such a post-II acceptance rate my WL at that campus doesn't feel too great :/
Doesn't post II acceptance rate include both right after the interview and from WL?

Doesn't post II acceptance rate include both right after the interview and from WL?

It does, but If I’m not mistaken they over accepted the number of students to the Milwaukee campus and therefore didn’t take anyone off the waitlist. Probably safe to say they may play it a little safer this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users

I’m guessing they’re going to restructure things this year and WL more applicants because of what happened last year. The new AAMC admissions rules were really unpredictable and probably led to them overaccepting.

I’m guessing they’re going to restructure things this year and WL more applicants because of what happened last year. The new AAMC admissions rules were really unpredictable and probably led to them overaccepting.
What happened last year?

What happened last year?
They told us at the interview that they didn't take anyone off of the waitlist because they overaccepted people during rolling admissions.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
They told us at the interview that they didn't take anyone off of the waitlist because they overaccepted people during rolling admissions.

Huh. That’s odd because I was reading on previous threads at one point they were accepting 40-90 ppl off the waitlist

Huh. That’s odd because I was reading on previous threads at one point they were accepting 40-90 ppl off the waitlist
Well it definitely differs year to year. IIRC they said at my interview day that the current M1 class has 3 more people than they wanted. All depends on how many people they admit decide to matriculate.

II! (OOS LM ~69 complete in July). Only available date to schedule is next Friday even though their schedule shows dates through March... is this accurate?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II! (OOS LM ~69 complete in July). Only available date to schedule is next Friday even though their schedule shows dates through March... is this accurate?

When I scheduled mine 2 days ago the only available dates were next friday and today, so probably accurate. I think you should still email them and ask about it if next friday doesn’t work but they’re probably at the very end of their interviews.

To those that got II, did you send any updates? And do they accept any updates? (Small pool 10/28 and would really love an II!)

To those that got II, did you send any updates? And do they accept any updates? (Small pool 10/28 and would really love an II!)

I was small pooled and sent out a letter of interest. Got an II before they even responded back to my letter. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I was small pooled October. Sent letter of interest and haven’t heard anything.

Accepted to Milwaukee just now!!!!

edit: to add more detail, LM 69-70, II on 12/3, Interviewed on 1/17 and received the acceptance email at 4PM today (1/31). I loved everything about MCW and while i'm still waiting to hear back from my state school I am highly considering attending here. Best of luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

I sent an update in December and got my II 2 days ago.

Haven't seen one. Feel free to make one and post it here!

Hi all! I've seen some accepted applicants ask about whether or not a Facebook group exists so that those accepted can interact a bit before Second Look and/or Matriculation, and I got a bit impatient and decided to create the group myself! The name of it is "MCW-Milwaukee Accepted Applicants (Class of 2024)". I made it geared towards the Milwaukee Campus since that is where I was accepted, but other campus acceptees can join as well! The group is Visible so anyone can find it, but Private so only we can see who's posting. Anybody can add anybody to it as well! This is my first time ever making a Facebook group so hopefully it isn't a mess lol (and please ignore my profile name, its a long story)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Don't see it and the link doesn't work for me. Anyone else find it? Thanks for going ahead and setting things up though!

Hey, sorry the link isn't working! If you search the exact group name on Facebook, it should *ideally* come up, but I can invite you to join the group if all else fails

Anyone that interviewed previously at MCW, is the interview open? Will I be able to have papers with me, etc. Also, what is the "student group interview" like?

Anyone that interviewed previously at MCW, is the interview open? Will I be able to have papers with me, etc. Also, what is the "student group interview" like?

The interview is an open file interview but we hardly talked about my experiences. It was incredibly conversational, like my student interviewer said “we already know your qualified with your experience, so tell me what you enjoy outside of medicine.” I suppose you could have papers in front of you but there is really no need to have them. You’ll leave everything in the room before your interview.

The “student group interview” I believe you are referring to the group activity. They basically have you work through a scenario. The observer doesn’t say anything. It’s in trial so it doesn’t count towards your admission. Super easy don’t stress about it.

Lastly, they make you feel very welcome and comfortable so don’t worry about it and have fun! They do a great job at selling the school to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre- II R. Got small pooled a while back. Complete 8/14.

• Sad
Just got another "hang tight we are still reviewing apps until early march email". received small pool email in November.

Reactions: 13 users
Just got another "hang tight we are still reviewing apps until early march email". received small pool email in November.

+1, highly doubt I'll get an invite here, but always appreciate schools keeping applicants in the loop whenever possible.

I haven't been small pooled but still got the "hang tight" email. Does this mean I'm probably going to get the R or do I have a shot at an II?

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't been small pooled but still got the "hang tight" email. Does this mean I'm probably going to get the R or do I have a shot at an II?
No one knows anything lol but i am also in this boat

Reactions: 5 users
in the same boat... I don't want to get my hopes up

+2

lol same... i didnt even know there was such a thing as "small pool"
Yeah I didn't even realize it was a thing... that being said, is it worth it to send an update?

Anyone submitted their application in September and received R?

Last edited:
+5ish hang tight email. This school has been so polite in all correspondence.

Reactions: 3 users
I haven’t received any correspondence since I submitted my application

• Sad
I haven’t received any correspondence since I submitted my application
Not necessarily a bad sigh, who knows what algorithm or criteria produced the email list for the hang tight recipients. This is the first I have heard from them unsolicited, my only other correspondence has been in regards to questions I have emailed and confirmation of a submitted update!