2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I hope it wasn't a bad joke from a random person I don't even know. He specifically said MD/MPH program though and not MD and MD/MPH so maybe that's why. I still haven't received an email though confirming it so now I am freaking out. And they did update the portal two days ago saying that the decision would be available within 7 days so I think they are on time. I feel like they would've emailed us if they weren't letting us know of the delay. When did your friend interview?
We both interviewed 3/9 and I also did 3/10 for MPH! My portal says the same thing as yours so I will probably call Monday because that's when It changed to that status. I'm sure no one would joke about that!!

Members don't see this ad.

We both interviewed 3/9 and I also did 3/10 for MPH! My portal says the same thing as yours so I will probably call Monday because that's when It changed to that status. I'm sure no one would joke about that!!
Well, I hope it wasn't a bad joke from a random person I don't even know. He specifically said MD/MPH program though and not MD and MD/MPH so maybe that's why. I still haven't received an email though confirming it so now I am freaking out. And they did update the portal two days ago saying that the decision would be available within 7 days so I think they are on time. I feel like they would've emailed us if they weren't letting us know of the delay. When did your friend interview?
I am guessing that they were not able to get to everyone due to the circumstances, as I interviewed around the same time in early march and my portal still says that the committee has not met for a final time to review my file and that a decision has not been made yet. So I think you are both correct! A few people likely received a decision, while some people did not...

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted MD/MPH via phone call last night at 6:36! Interviewed Feb 24/25. It was a M4 that called me, so maybe he happened to have a little more free time than others on the committee? He also specifically said I was accepted to MD/MPH so maybe only people in the dual program were accepted last night?

Also, I asked if they still plan to start classes for MD/MPH in June or if there has been talk about how the pandemic will effect us. He said that he does not know but that his classes are on Zoom right now, so he said his best guess was we might have to start out with Zoom classes if this is still going on.

No email yet, I am hoping it will come today. Could an accepted person please DM me and possibly add me to the fb group? I'm 90% sure this is where I am going, so I would like to start meeting people/looking for roommates!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted MD/MPH via phone call last night at 6:36! Interviewed Feb 24/25. It was a M4 that called me, so maybe he happened to have a little more free time than others on the committee? He also specifically said I was accepted to MD/MPH so maybe only people in the dual program were accepted last night?

Also, I asked if they still plan to start classes for MD/MPH in June or if there has been talk about how the pandemic will effect us. He said that he does not know but that his classes are on Zoom right now, so he said his best guess was we might have to start out with Zoom classes if this is still going on.

No email yet, I am hoping it will come today. Could an accepted person please DM me and possibly add me to the fb group? I'm 90% sure this is where I am going, so I would like to start meeting people/looking for roommates!
THANK YOU FOR CALMING MY NERVES AND NOT THINKING I was the only one getting accepted and it was a mistake haha. :) Excited to be potential classmates!!

THANK YOU FOR CALMING MY NERVES AND NOT THINKING I was the only one getting accepted and it was a mistake haha. :) Excited to be potential classmates!!

lol yeah I'm a hardcore sdn lurker but I felt your stress so I had to chime in. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! Hopefully you will hear back today!

Accepted MD/MPH via phone call last night around 945 pm no email Interviewed in Feb. This is so wild. Dreams do come true.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Are II still going out? I know USF is still sending them

I called admissions today and they said they would be sending emails starting today and up until next week. Didn’t say anything about phone calls for MD only

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure it’s 29th of June but don’t quote me on it!

I called admissions today and they said they would be sending emails starting today and up until next week. Didn’t say anything about phone calls for MD only
like decision emails? my portal still says a decision hasn't been made :/

Members don't see this ad :)
mine says you will receive a decision shortly etc... I didn't know they sent out post II rejections but an earlier post alluded to that. kind of nervous now lol. has anyone been alternate listed?

I'm getting this message "Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine." and it says this may take 4-6 weeks. interviewed second week of March

I interviewed March 9th and 10th and my status is "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-32341585260871091.png or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days."

I interviewed March 9th and 10th and my status is "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234View attachment 299879 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days."
So I'm guessing they didn't even look at my file yet :( . Gives me hope though...not rejected lol

I'm getting this message "Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine." and it says this may take 4-6 weeks. interviewed second week of March
I interviewed around the same time and I have the same message!

Have any interviewees from early Feb or before not received an admissions decision email yet? My portal has been stuck on "your final admissions committee decision will be available shortly" for over a month. Wonder if that's a silent rejection.

Could someone post a link to the facebook group for accepted students, I'm having trouble finding it!

Are we supposed to get a confirmation email after responding to confirm a spot on the alternate list, or should I assume my spot is confirmed by replying to the email?

interviewed march 16th and thanks so much!

Congrats!

Inundating you with questions (I also interviewed that day). Did they ever update your portal to say that you will hear in the next 7 days?

Congrats!

Inundating you with questions (I also interviewed that day). Did they ever update your portal to say that you will hear in the next 7 days?
thank you! and nah it still says "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office.."

Attachments

• 1585324283207.png
    1585324283207.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 34
Haha, mines at: "
Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."

Oh Miami... I am not sure if that means my interviewer(s) have not turned in reports. Will wait and see I guess.

Anyone heard anything about the Betty Reader Scholarship?

+1

Got the email and screamed but realized you had to apply for it.

Does everyone get it/ how many people get the award?

Haha, mines at: "
Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."

Oh Miami... I am not sure if that means my interviewer(s) have not turned in reports. Will wait and see I guess.
Same :/

still at "your final admissions decision will be available shortly" (early march interview) I'm so confused

Are we supposed to get a confirmation email after responding to confirm a spot on the alternate list, or should I assume my spot is confirmed by replying to the email?

Was alternate listed the last decision day and got an email confirmation for my spot the day after I replied!

Could someone post a link to the facebook group for accepted students, I'm having trouble finding it!
Any accepted students that haven't received an invite to the FB group can PM me and I can help with that.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone! I interviewed in Feb and was told we would get an answer March 25th. I just called to confirm cuz I haven't heard anything -- they will be calling and emailing acceptances and alternate lists through the end of next week. So we can't panic yet

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone! I interviewed in Feb and was told we would get an answer March 25th. I just called to confirm cuz I haven't heard anything -- they will be calling and emailing acceptances and alternate lists through the end of next week. So we can't panic yet
thanks so much for calling and letting us know such a relief to hear!!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for letting us know!!

Anyone know how long it took to go from “app is under review” to R/ii?

Hi everyone! So i was accepted MD back in January and I am currently re-thinking everything about MD/MPH. Admissions office told me I have until next week to apply and I wondering if anyone can give me some feedback (current students or anyone who wants to chime in). I have a genuine interest in public health but I am not 100% sure about it. Thanks! (sorry if this is kind of broad lol)