2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also interviewed early March and people that interviewed after me heard back already, i'm not really sure what to expect at this point
I'm in the same boat :/

Members don't see this ad.

I think they email you even if you are placed on the alternate list. What does your portal say?
I've had the "your final admissions committee decision will be available shortly..contact the office if you don't receive anything within seven days" message since February. I've called a few times throughout March and was told they would send an email regarding my decision soon. But nothing so far haha.

For anyone who interviewed in March, did they mention if they send post interview rejections? I remember hearing we either get an acceptance call or an alternate list email

I've had the "your final admissions committee decision will be available shortly..contact the office if you don't receive anything within seven days" message since February. I've called a few times throughout March and was told they would send an email regarding my decision soon. But nothing so far haha.
Oh wow I'm sorry that's interesting... mine still says "Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee..." so I am not too hopeful about getting a decision soon lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn’t read into what the portal says as me and my friend had diff. responses and both WLed and the portal message hasn’t change even a month after the acceptance

Reactions: 1 user

For anyone who interviewed in March, did they mention if they send post interview rejections? I remember hearing we either get an acceptance call or an alternate list email
Yea I interviewed recently and it was acceptance or alternate

MPH component is online for this summer

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I feel it might actually take WEEKS for Miami to email this batch due to the recent stay at home order

Was there any emails on Wed though? It seems like no one said anything, though it might be just cuz it was 4/1 XD

I just called, and I think my call got forwarded to someone's cell phone and I woke them up because she sounded super sleepy, haha. I asked about my portal saying to call, and she just said we'll email you soon' but didn't ask for my AMCAS ID or anything.

So my plan is just to put it out of my mind and wait.

I just called, and I think my call got forwarded to someone's cell phone and I woke them up because she sounded super sleepy, haha. I asked about my portal saying to call, and she just said we'll email you soon' but didn't ask for my AMCAS ID or anything.

So my plan is just to put it out of my mind and wait.
Been waiting for a committee decision since February. I just called and was told to wait for an email lol. Also asked if all interviewees are placed on the alternate list even if they don't get an email, and she just said you'll get an email once the committee makes its decision. Super vague.

Last edited:
Just got accepted by email about 1 hour ago for the MD program!! Interviewed in December and been on the alternate list since. This is my first A:soexcited:

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Just got accepted by email about 1 hour ago for the MD program!! Interviewed in December and been on the alternate list since. This is my first A:soexcited:

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

were you placed on the Alternate List in December and did you send any updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
were you placed on the Alternate List in December and did you send any updates?

Yeah placed on alternate list in December. Never sent updates, but did send a letter of intent a little over a month ago.

Has anyone admitted to the MD program received a merit scholarship yet? If so, do you know if you need to submit your FAFSA to Miller in order to be considered, or is everyone automatically considered and reviewed for merit scholarships?

Has anyone admitted to the MD program received a merit scholarship yet? If so, do you know if you need to submit your FAFSA to Miller in order to be considered, or is everyone automatically considered and reviewed for merit scholarships?
I got a scholarship and the wording in the email made it seem like a merit scholarship. If I remember correctly from what they said at the interview, the fafsa is not required for merit award considerations (although it is required for enrollment and other awards so might as well submit it asap.)

I got a scholarship and the wording in the email made it seem like a merit scholarship. If I remember correctly from what they said at the interview, the fafsa is not required for merit award considerations (although it is required for enrollment and other awards so might as well submit it asap.)

We’re thinking the wording is the same for merit and non-merit scholarships btw; I msged some ppl here and we got the same email but diff scholarship sources once verified. You can contact the admin office to verify if its merit or not

We’re thinking the wording is the same for merit and non-merit scholarships btw; I msged some ppl here and we got the same email but diff scholarship sources once verified. You can contact the admin office to verify if its merit or not
When did you guys fill out the scholarship form? Just wondering if that's required to hear back about aid

When did you guys fill out the scholarship form? Just wondering if that's required to hear back about aid

I filled it out a while ago along with my FASFA; prob maybe Jan? when I was still waiting to hear decision

There’s a scholarship form? How do you access it?

I received a scholarship and did not fill out any scholarship form.

Reactions: 3 users
Y’all really got all your scholarship emails and I’m just sitting over here like
nathan-filliion-speechless.gif

knowing damn well nothing changes with my decision whether I get one or not.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just curious; how many others also received the email about eligibility for the Betty Siegal scholarship?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone that interviewed the last week of march heard anything back yet? I hope they say something by tomorrow!

LOL When you get a call from an unknown number in Miami, FL but it's just someone with a wrong number.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
lol i hate to be this person but....does anyone know if we can get miami med patagonias?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
lol i hate to be this person but....does anyone know if we can get miami med patagonias?

I think one of the med students posted a catalog for diff UM gear! Didn’t check if Patagonia was on it though

I think one of the med students posted a catalog for diff UM gear! Didn’t check if Patagonia was on it though

They go on sale in like October/November. At least that’s how they did it this year. They’re mad expensive but not gonna lie they’re a great flex lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Love
They go on sale in like October/November. At least that’s how they did it this year. They’re mad expensive but not gonna lie they’re a great flex lol

Good to know! I have some extra time to save up lol

No worries I got the Trump check and federal unemployment showing me much love:love:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Hi do we have to submit anything else besides FASFA for financial aid? It says they have received my FASFA in February but I still haven't heard anything.

Whose tryna pregame this 2nd look ima look cute sip some MIMOSA bright and early

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Hi do we have to submit anything else besides FASFA for financial aid? It says they have received my FASFA in February but I still haven't heard anything.
There is an application for need based and diversity scholarships. Everyone is considered for merit scholarships to my understanding.

Whose tryna pregame this 2nd look ima look cute sip some MIMOSA bright and early

Most innovative, forward-thinking, exciting idea I’ve heard in a minute!! I’m so down. Can’t wait to meet y’all lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Most innovative, forward-thinking, exciting idea I’ve heard in a minute!! I’m so down. Can’t wait to meet y’all lol

Oh my GOD.
So my husband and I are driving to our new house with a trailer of stuff to start moving that day since my vacation has been cancelled, but I don’t know when we’re leaving. So I might be joining y’all from a moving pickup truck somewhere on the highway in Pennsylvania. But that don’t stop me! Count me in.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten financial aid ?
I’m unsure about full fin aid packets but certain scholarships were sent out and some are still pending decisions

Are they still sending out acceptances?

Reactions: 4 users
I would assume so, I think a lot of people (including myself) have still not heard back since their interview
since it's good friday tomorrow I assume they will get back to us next week with any luck