2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:corny:I know damn well this chick on the accepted students page didn’t just try to sell her pre-med notes to accepted med students

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
edited by moderator

I don’t know which is worse; her posting it on purpose and getting it deleted by admins OR her accidentally posting in UMiami Miller Class of 2024 instead of UMiami Undergrad Class of 2024 and deleting it upon realizing

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
lol i hate to be this person but....does anyone know if we can get miami med patagonias?
They put in an order form around August-ish, but we didn't get our Patagonias till December RIP. I got one of the "cheaper" styles and with the UM logo and my name and it was around ~$120. Hopefully it's not that delayed this year :dead:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know which is worse; her posting it on purpose and getting it deleted by admins OR her accidentally posting in UMiami Miller Class of 2024 instead of UMiami Undergrad Class of 2024 and deleting it upon realizing
:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
:corny:I know damn well this chick on the accepted students page didn’t just try to sell her pre-med notes to accepted med students
Another girl sent me a facebook message right after and was like "alright you saw that too?"

MESSY

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Impressive flex. I would offer a trade for my high school notes.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For some reason the Facebook group doesn't show up when I click the link. Has anyone else had that problem?

Just received email that my fin aid award was available on canelink, no merit aid unfortunately!

• Sad
I got an email from ofas about financial aid, but there is nothing in there for need based or loans in the 2021+ financial aid section??? I only see the scholarship which wouldn't close out that 83k COA lol. Anyone else?
try clicking in the top left corner on the menu and then select "financial aid disclosure" that should pull up a full breakdown

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya still nothing. Thanks for the help with troubleshooting. I'm gonna reach out about this, especially since my family and I are low income enough to qualify for FAP
Definitely reach out to them. If you're considered an international applicant, you may not qualify for federal loans. I hope you can sort this all out! Good luck!

I could have a "FloGrown" sticker on my car, born and raised here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks though

Only my scholarships pop up but not loans; its a FASFA issue. Call or email and they’ll get it resolved

Reactions: 1 users
Silly question but what email is everyone using to contact the financial aid office? I’ve sent them a few emails and haven’t gotten responses to any.

FinAid hasn’t responded to either email or voicemail in about a month so GOOD LUCK!!

• Sad
FinAid hasn’t responded to either email or voicemail in about a month so GOOD LUCK!!
I also CC’d Dean Weisman because I mentioned my scholarship offer from another school and how I’d like to know whether or not UM intends to offer anything. Maybe he’ll respond if the office doesn’t. Was worth a shot.

I also CC’d Dean Weisman because I mentioned my scholarship offer from another school and how I’d like to know whether or not UM intends to offer anything. Maybe he’ll respond if the office doesn’t. Was worth a shot.

Was about to mention thats exactly what you should do.

I got a response from someone else when I CCed a higher up in regards to scholarships.

Was about to mention thats exactly what you should do.

I got a response from someone else when I CCed a higher up in regards to scholarships.
I’m just confused because my canelink financial aid page says “not received” and is dated from prior to my interview. I just don’t quite understand why it hasn’t been updated since being accepted/the new year/CYMS deadlines are approaching... and now hearing that others are able to view their entire packages is making me nervous.

I’m just confused because my canelink financial aid page says “not received” and is dated from prior to my interview. I just don’t quite understand why it hasn’t been updated since being accepted/the new year/CYMS deadlines are approaching... and now hearing that others are able to view their entire packages is making me nervous.

My friend had to verify citizenship issue so I’m sure its just a documentation issue they’ll let you know about when you contact them

My friend had to verify citizenship issue so I’m sure its just a documentation issue they’ll let you know about when you contact them
Yeah I phrased the whole email like “please let me know if there’s anything that’s missing on my end, I’m happy to send over any documents you might need.” as opposed to pressuring and blaming them for not having processed it yet. Everybody is probably hella frustrated trying to work from home right now, I get that that’s likely a big factor too.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I phrased the whole email like “please let me know if there’s anything that’s missing on my end, I’m happy to send over any documents you might need.” as opposed to pressuring and blaming them for not having processed it yet. Everybody is probably hella frustrated trying to work from home right now, I get that that’s likely a big factor too.
I sent a similar email a few weeks ago, re: my FAFSA not being received and I haven't heard anything. If you do hear back, lemme know!

I sent a similar email a few weeks ago, re: my FAFSA not being received and I haven't heard anything. If you do hear back, lemme know!
Dean Weisman just replied to me! He said that my record had been duplicated somewhere along the way and I’m seeing the copy that hasn’t been updated. They’re trying to reconcile them now, so I should be able to see it shortly.

Dean Weisman just replied to me! He said that my record had been duplicated somewhere along the way and I’m seeing the copy that hasn’t been updated. They’re trying to reconcile them now, so I should be able to see it shortly.
Glad you got that addressed!! You posted a gif earlier in the thread about scholarships that cracked me up hahah I hope they match the scholarship offer you have!

Hi guys. I also haven't gotten my financial aid package; I called a few times in March and didn't get an answer, and then sent an email two weeks later, and about another week after that they responded with the following: "We are in the process of updating our system we will notify you once we are ready for the entering class. At this time we are trying to graduate our seniors to start the process with the entering students."

I'm not entirely sure what this means besides it seems like they must be really busy and overwhelmed. I'm trying to cut the office some slack and be patient. I truly, truly can't imagine how crazy it must be for them to transition to work from home during such a crucial period in the finaid cycle. At the same time, it's also hard for us who need to narrow down to top 3 by tomorrow, and pick a school in two weeks. Ultimately, I just wish the April 15th+30th deadlines would be extended given that I feel like financial aid offices everywhere are (understandably) behind.

Hi guys. I also haven't gotten my financial aid package; I called a few times in March and didn't get an answer, and then sent an email two weeks later, and about another week after that they responded with the following: "We are in the process of updating our system we will notify you once we are ready for the entering class. At this time we are trying to graduate our seniors to start the process with the entering students."

I'm not entirely sure what this means besides it seems like they must be really busy and overwhelmed. I'm trying to cut the office some slack and be patient. I truly, truly can't imagine how crazy it must be for them to transition to work from home during such a crucial period in the finaid cycle. At the same time, it's also hard for us who need to narrow down to top 3 by tomorrow, and pick a school in two weeks. Ultimately, I just wish the April 15th+30th deadlines would be extended given that I feel like financial aid offices everywhere are (understandably) behind.
I 100% agree with this. I understand they may be overwhelmed, but this is also a huge decision for us. I have already received my financial aid packages from other institutions, but I wouldn’t want to make a decision without reviewing every factor possible. It doesn’t seem like the AAMC has the intention of extending the deadlines so we can only hope that we’ll receive updates soon.

I 100% agree with this. I understand they may be overwhelmed, but this is also a huge decision for us. I have already received my financial aid packages from other institutions, but I wouldn’t want to make a decision without reviewing every factor possible. It doesn’t seem like the AAMC has the intention of extending the deadlines so we can only hope that we’ll receive updates soon.

The financial aid department has been unresponsive pre-corona so I don’t expect them to be much help these few weeks.

You need to try to find a specific person/contact that’s emailed you for a response as sucky as it is.

UMiami has definitely annoyed me multiple times with admissions/fin aid contact compared to other schools

• Angry
Oh wow, but we need to choose one by April 30!

You only need to have one acceptance you don’t need to drop any pending decisions or waitlist.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they waited for 15th/30th to see percentage of ppl pulling before they send more decisions to get a more accurate yield

Reactions: 3 users
Is the 15th a soft deadline or do we actually have to drop it to 3 by then

Is the 15th a soft deadline or do we actually have to drop it to 3 by then

The 15th date is a AAMC recommendation.

I’m pretty sure for Miami specifically we don’t have to do anything until the 30th but got to pay attention to school specific policy for your As

my portal changed yesterday to say I'll hear back in the next week so hopefully that's true
mine says this "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days."

so i assume this is the week

my portal changed yesterday to say I'll hear back in the next week so hopefully that's true
mine says this "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days."

so i assume this is the week

Mine updated to that as well today. Hopefully, we get some good news soon, as others reportedly had that status for over a month.

Accepted to the MD-MPH program!!! No call, just an email. Interviewed first week of March. OOS/ORM

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted into MD-MPH program! Only email at 8pm! Interviewed January 13th and was previously waitlisted

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Interviewed in early March and ACCEPTED to MD this evening via email!!! Was on the alternate list for two weeks.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
This long ass second look video giving me an excuse to not get out of bed !!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
This long ass second look video giving me an excuse to not get out of bed !!

Is there a link or something to the video? Heard about it but curious what they say lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a link or something to the video? Heard about it but curious what they say lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! Also seems like the zoom meeting for the actual second look panel is open to anyone