2019-2020 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good news, they're making acceptance calls! I just got one a few minutes ago. Good luck to you guys :)

Congrats! Were you in the Tier 1 Waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess they concluded the calls for today. We have to look forward to yet another week :(

Yep , it seems like now we have to wait till next week .. do you think they will call earlier than Friday as today’s traffic day ? :/

Also the people called today were T1. A few people I know also got in today! so we should hear something soon as the list is getting shorter lets stay hopeful even though it’s hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So they let you know every Friday? How do you know what time they conclude?

We assume they stop by 5 just due to normal business hours that an individual may be working ? Not sure if it’s exactly how it works as people have gotten accepted outside of that time frame at other schools , but it’s a frame to just keep a look out . Are you T1 as well?

Yep , it seems like now we have to wait till next week .. do you think they will call earlier than Friday as today’s traffic day ? :/

Some people reported getting accepted here on May 4th (Monday). So we can definitely expect some calls next Monday.

Some people reported getting accepted here on May 4th (Monday). So we can definitely expect some calls next Monday.
I have seen people get accepted Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It’s a trend I have seen.

Thank you! Yes, I was T1 waitlisted. I interviewed 2/20

Congrats!! I interviewed that day and know another person also T1 that just got in today on the same date ! Hopefully we here more good news soon !

Lately, I have been losing hope and I'm sure some of you are feeling the same way. So here are some positive thoughts:

The class facebook group had around 270 students on may 1st. Right now, it has 324 students. Out of these 54 new students, few are probably not from class of 2024. Also there are few that recently got accepted but didnt join the group. So I would assume atleast 50 people were taken off the T1. From the remaining T1s, few of them got accepted to MD and withdrew waitlist positions. That leaves only few of us T1s still waiting and will hopefully get calls within the next 3 weeks as MD schools are also slowly moving. I hope they are able to get thru all of T1, atleast half of T2 and some exceptional T3s like last year.

Reactions: 2 users
Lately, I have been losing hope and I'm sure some of you are feeling the same way. So here are some positive thoughts:

The class facebook group had around 270 students on may 1st. Right now, it has 324 students. Out of these 54 new students, few are probably not from class of 2024. Also there are few that recently got accepted but didnt join the group. So I would assume atleast 50 people were taken off the T1. From the remaining T1s, few of them got accepted to MD and withdrew waitlist positions. That leaves only few of us T1s still waiting and will hopefully get calls within the next 3 weeks as MD schools are also slowly moving. I hope they are able to get thru all of T1, atleast half of T2 and some exceptional T3s like last year.

To also send some more positivity, Michigan MD schools have been moving quite a bit with waitlist movement from what I’ve noticed , so hopefully this will move MSUs waitlist in the coming weeks . I was actually predicting around the same amount of people that got off , which is great !! Hopefully we will hear something soon .

This year is an atypical year , with a strange last part of the cycle . So things that are bound to happen !!

Also which Facebook group are you looking at ? The only two I found was class of 2023 which has like 400 some people in it . And class of 2024 with like 8/9 people in my . Can you send me the link

Also which Facebook group are you looking at ? The only two I found was class of 2023 which has like 400 some people in it . And class of 2024 with like 8/9 people in my . Can you send me the link

Members don't see this ad :)
18 new people joined the facebook group today. Any of you from SDN got the call?

18 new people joined the facebook group today. Any of you from SDN got the call?
Even if it’s not anyone that is active on here, hopefully someone already on the page can chime in and look at the people to see if they are current students or not

No still nothing on my end . Hbu?
And I’m T1 too
So with another 18 people joining , we could guess they took around ~70 people off so far right ? For all we know, they could have accepted more , but those were the ones that accepted the offer ? So there’s another ~30-40 left from T1

Also guys , there’s 2 weeks left after this week to hear something right ?

Last edited:
Fellow T1 here. I still think we have a good shot. They said they will pull from the WL through the first week of June so there is still time! I think everything is just really delayed. If all of tier 1 didn't clear this year there would be less than half of the WL movement compared to last year considering all of tiers 1,2 and some of 3 got in. That seems possible given the circumstances this year but still highly unlikely to me. Hoping for the best for you all!

No still nothing on my end . Hbu?
And I’m T1 too
So with another 18 people joining , we could guess they took around ~70 people off so far right ? For all we know, they could have accepted more , but those were the ones that accepted the offer ? So there’s another ~30-40 left from T1
No, I haven't heard anything.
The question is whether there will be 30+ people withdrawing their acceptances over the next 2 weeks? And even if they do, will they will try to get some T2s before taking all T1s? Last year they took some T3s after finishing with with half of T2s so it's possible that they get to T2 before finishing T1. I'm finding it difficult to remain positive for too long.

No, I haven't heard anything.
The question is whether there will be 30+ people withdrawing their acceptances over the next 2 weeks? And even if they do, will they will try to get some T2s before taking all T1s? Last year they took some T3s after finishing with with half of T2s so it's possible that they get to T2 before finishing T1. I'm finding it difficult to remain positive for too long.

That sounds a bit strange to me . I looked at last years thread . Are you sure they just didn’t finish from the T2s prior to taking from the T3s? And wouldn’t that be a bit unfair ? The whole point of the ranking system is to organize this , but if you’re jumping between the lists - the ranking system becomes irrelevant .. unless it’s dynamic where they compare and you have a chance to go up the list . If I make any sense?

I guess time will only tell. Nonetheless , this school is known for its movement . The year is also unpredictable as it is . So it can go either way at this point . I guess we got to wait it out and see . Hopefully there’s some more movement tomorrow and Friday .

depending on T1/T2/T3, you have a great shot of getting in. Keep your head held high.
T1- almost 100% gets in
T2- about 50% get in
T3- about 10% get in
So this is what netflix said earlier in this thread.
If you look at last year's thread, you can see a T3 reported of getting accepted. And we know all T2s didnt get accepted last cycle for sure. It's strange but it is what it is.

If you look at last year's thread, you can see a T3 reported of getting accepted. And we know all T2s didnt get accepted last cycle for sure. It's strange but it is what it is.

Interesting I must have misinterpreted that comment that he posted then .. and yes I remember a T3 did report getting accepted last year

I guess we can only wait and see how this year unfolds to see if it happens this year. We will both know soon . Hopefully it isn’t what we think (with no movement ) There’s only two weeks and two days left to figure things out . This long cycle is way too tiring.

There should be movement coming soon, with some accepted students having applied to MD schools, and those decisions are starting to populate. Best of luck to everyone here, being on the WL is one of the worst feelings, I hope you all hear good news very soon.

Reactions: 4 users
I do not mind waiting at all but I just keep looking back and comparing it to last years and seeing how we got stuck in this. I got accepted to another school thankfully but MSU is my number one choice and I was really looking forward to attending there. I know gotta keep hoping but regardless the support on this thread makes everything seems better.

I went to an advising meeting with Anne and she said they took everyone from T1 and T2 last year

Reactions: 3 users
Another day of dead silence. This weekend is gonna be longer with monday off.

Another day of dead silence. This weekend is gonna be longer with monday off.

Check out the Facebook page though - it seems like there are people that left the group because now it says 337 people total +18 in the last week.
Just yesterday it said like what +28 people in the last week ? If i remember correctly . So it seems there’s some movement if facebooks accurate. There will definitely be some movement next week . As classes start literally in a little over two weeks . The wait is almost over guys

Check out the Facebook page though - it seems like there are people that left the group because now it says 337 people total +18 in the last week.
Just yesterday it said like what +28 people in the last week ? If i remember correctly . So it seems there’s some movement if facebooks accurate. There will definitely be some movement next week . As classes start literally in a little over two weeks . The wait is almost over guys
It went from 340 to 337. So 3 people left the group. They could be newly admitted student who withdrew acceptance or ms2 who found roommate and left.

And if you see +28 yesterday and +18 today, that doesnt mean 10 people left. It means last week friday 10 people joined facebook group and last saturday no one joined. So this friday it showed "+28 in last week" because last friday was included in it. Since today is saturday and last week friday is no longer included in "last week", you see 10 less. I think I made it sound confusing now...

Do you guys know how to withdraw my acceptance from here? Also trying to get the tuition money I paid back

If there isn’t an option on the portal , I think you would email them to withdraw the acceptance. Not 100% sure though , but it seems like the most reasonable method of communication due to covid .

Do you guys know how to withdraw my acceptance from here? Also trying to get the tuition money I paid back
To get a tuition refund, you need to get in contact with office of admissions

I wouldn't use the member count fluctuations of the FB group as some kinda of marker for waitlist movement--it's been mostly 2nd year students (c/o of 2023) joining/inviting each other to share some news, resources, and/or introduce themselves. There may have been a tiny movement today, but it could also be people previously accepted that just found the FB group.

I wish you guys luck, though! I hope to see some of y'all with us!

Reactions: 5 users
Guys is the login for MSU website not loading for anyone ? It told me servers down but wanted to know if it showed that message for anyone else ?

Guys is the login for MSU website not loading for anyone ? It told me servers down but wanted to know if it showed that message for anyone else ?

This happend to me as well

Just withdrew! Good luck to you all on the waitlist!

I'm going to be withdrawing as well guys and hope it goes to one of you. Y'all deserve it.

And I just wanted to add that from my exp with MSU over the last few months, it's a fantastic school and the administration is top notch and super supportive of its students--it really was a hard decision for me. Best of luck everyone!

Hopefully.. tomorrow’s the day !! It has to be .. if not, I’m Going to be very confused as school starts in two weeks

If we don’t hear back today I honestly am lost what to do. Fortunately, I was accepted elsewhere but it’s out of state and I’m running out of time to secure a place to live there.
Idk if waiting all of next week will be a great idea or to move on and prepare for my other school

There are definitely some seats open, if not many. What are they waiting for

The only thing we can do is hope for the best and expect the worst. There will always be other opportunities. To make it this far is a testimony to our potential. Keep your heads up everyone!