2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. Do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
2. Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class?
1500 characters including spaces for both
+ Resume/CV
@PapaGuava

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
2. Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class?
1500 characters including spaces for both
+ Resume/CV
@PapaGuava
did you get your secondary already?

Just received secondary!

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received 2 hours ago. First one of the season... I am very excite! :claps:

Reactions: 6 users
Alright. This might be a dumb question, but both the Chicago and Arizona campuses have the same supplemental questions, only with with their respective locations differing in the questions. Would it be a bad idea if I used the general answer idea for both?

submitted primary 6/16 and received the secondaries today

Last edited:
Secondary today 6/17 - Physician letter says complete but my other LOR says it wasn't received... -.-

CCOM says in the supplemental application that they have not received my physician LOR or other LOR. How do I send it to them? I already have them submitted to AACOMAS.. do I need to do anything else?

Called the school and was told that AACOMAS is sending applications slower than last year. Recruitment coordinator told me to wait til the end of the week and give them a call back if you still haven't heard from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received this morning.

What are the expectations regarding our resume/CV? I was planning to submit the one-page resume that I typically use for job applications. Mine doesn't include things like my "hobbies/non-academic interests".

Looking for advice here. I submitted my application to a school I have no interest in out of state on Monday to get the verification process started on AACOMAS. My goal is to go to CCOM that's my first choice. I took my MCAT on June 15th so I am still waiting for the results to get my score. I'm afraid to send my application to CCOM without the MCAT because if it's not good enough, then I don't want to be considered a re-applicant for next cycle. I also need a decent score on the MCAT because I am a non-traditional student who had a bad year for GPA in my junior year of college. I have my masters in social work with a 4.0, but I know that masters level GPA means little. I'm hoping that my work experience is what will make me stand out as an application (worked with the criminally insane, worked with people with intellectual disabilities, and worked as a mental health professional in a maximum security prison.)

My question is, should I wait for my MCAT score on July 16th and hope that the verification will be done by then before applying? Or should I apply now? I don't think sending out an application on July 16th is to late for DO, but I'm just not really sure. I've already written secondary responses so at least when those come I'll be ready to go on that regard.

CCOM hasn't received my MCAT scores yet either even though they were in my primary application. Is that the same for everyone else too?

CCOM hasn't received my MCAT scores yet either even though they were in my primary application. Is that the same for everyone else too?
But you've gotten your score? I'm still waiting to get my score from AAMC. I've heard it can take between a day to a week or two for AACOMAS to get the score after you give electronic permission.

CCOM says in the supplemental application that they have not received my physician LOR or other LOR. How do I send it to them? I already have them submitted to AACOMAS.. do I need to do anything else?
Did you use interfolio? You won't have to do anything else if it's already submitted to AACOMAS.

But you've gotten your score? I'm still waiting to get my score from AAMC. I've heard it can take between a day to a week or two for AACOMAS to get the score after you give electronic permission.
Yeah, I got my scores already.

Is anyone else still waiting on this secondary? I was verified 5/31, called AACOMAS yesterday and was told my application was transmitted on the first day...

Reactions: 3 users
My question is, should I wait for my MCAT score on July 16th and hope that the verification will be done by then before applying? Or should I apply now? I don't think sending out an application on July 16th is to late for DO, but I'm just not really sure. I've already written secondary responses so at least when those come I'll be ready to go on that regard.

My 2 cents - iirc your application will be verified with the throw away, if you are concerned about your MCAT, then I would wait, not 100% sure on the rules of being considered a re-applicant if you pull your application post secondary app?
i.e. you submit, get your secondary, submit that then pull your app based on your MCAT score.

BUT, Im hoping instead you killed it and get in :hardy:

@PapaGuava would know best!

Yeah, I got my scores already.

I would give them a call, couldn't hurt! But I do agree, it does take a couple days (to weeks) for everything to transfer.

Especially since they said AACOMAS is taking a little longer than normal to transfer info

submitted primary 6/16, verified 6/19, received secondary 6/19

reached out to ask for secondary fee waiver w/ AACOMAS fee waiver approval email, approved for secondary fee waiver 6/19

Thank you @DrCanada for posting the secondary! I mean't to update that earlier!

Looking for advice here. I submitted my application to a school I have no interest in out of state on Monday to get the verification process started on AACOMAS. My goal is to go to CCOM that's my first choice. I took my MCAT on June 15th so I am still waiting for the results to get my score. I'm afraid to send my application to CCOM without the MCAT because if it's not good enough, then I don't want to be considered a re-applicant for next cycle. I also need a decent score on the MCAT because I am a non-traditional student who had a bad year for GPA in my junior year of college. I have my masters in social work with a 4.0, but I know that masters level GPA means little. I'm hoping that my work experience is what will make me stand out as an application (worked with the criminally insane, worked with people with intellectual disabilities, and worked as a mental health professional in a maximum security prison.)

Your verification process won't take that long so you'll be set there, and if you rather wait until your MCAT score comes out you will still be part of the early application season.

My 2 cents - iirc your application will be verified with the throw away, if you are concerned about your MCAT, then I would wait, not 100% sure on the rules of being considered a re-applicant if you pull your application post secondary app?
i.e. you submit, get your secondary, submit that then pull your app based on your MCAT score.

BUT, Im hoping instead you killed it and get in :hardy:

@PapaGuava would know best!

Thank you for the response. It's hard right now as every student who has been through this just sitting around waiting for their score to be released lol. I've done all secondaries, I'm waiting for verification through AMCAS, looking for a job and I guess spring cleaning? I know overall that it's probably better to just wait for the score but it's still tempting to go ahead anyways because sitting around and waiting is not my style :X.

On the bright side I walked out feeling the exact same way that everyone else on reddit felt about the exam on that day, and I'm praying for that bump that most people talk about (although I know all forums are highly biased by good scores being posted over those without good scores.)

Thank you @DrCanada for posting the secondary! I mean't to update that earlier!

Your verification process won't take that long so you'll be set there, and if you rather wait until your MCAT score comes out you will still be part of the early application season.

Thank you for the information. What would you consider part of the late cycle for DO? I know they do rolling admissions but I'm still not really sure what that means in comparison to MD, all I know is that their cycle is longer.

I'm asking cause if I don't do well enough on the MCAT, is there a point that is considered to late to realistically get it. IE if I were to take it again in like September that would most likely be considered to late and would I be better off just taking it early next year and applying for next cycle.

Thank you for the information. What would you consider part of the late cycle for DO? I know they do rolling admissions but I'm still not really sure what that means in comparison to MD, all I know is that their cycle is longer.

I'm asking cause if I don't do well enough on the MCAT, is there a point that is considered to late to realistically get it. IE if I were to take it again in like September that would most likely be considered to late and would I be better off just taking it early next year and applying for next cycle.

The general consensus is that as long you are completing secondaries before Thanksgiving time you are still considered part of the early wave of the cycle, however, I would always recommend applying earlier instead of waiting. If you're worried about your MCAT score, don't send a primary application to the schools you plan on applying to just yet because your score will come out early enough for you to jump into the secondary part of the cycle.

What are the expectations regarding our resume/CV? I was planning to submit the one-page resume that I typically use for job applications. Mine doesn't include things like my "hobbies/non-academic interests".

A CV is not a resume. Your CV should include everything and there is no page limit. I have seen faculty with like 20 page CVs. Mine is about 3.

Last edited:

This is probably the most important document in your application for CCOM. We will have a copy of it at the interview, and will not have any of your primary application. I would highly recommend being able to discuss every piece of information you write on your CV, and also include interests and hobbies. If you have an interest or hobby that stands out, it will make the interview more memorable.

Alright. This might be a dumb question, but both the Chicago and Arizona campuses have the same supplemental questions, only with with their respective locations differing in the questions. Would it be a bad idea if I used the general answer idea for both?
Both are separate entities and do not share applications.

Anyone else almost had a heart attack when you saw the "Greetings from the Director of Admissions " email? lol

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else almost had a heart attack when you saw the "Greetings from the Director of Admissions " email? lol

I had to read the whole thing twice, “there’s gotta be something in here!”

Nope, just a page long email explaining that somebody will become a doctor...

Anyone else having trouble with making paragraphs on the secondary? It keeps lumping it all to big blob of text.

Anyone else having trouble with making paragraphs on the secondary? It keeps lumping it all to big blob of text.
It purposely doesn't allow for paragraphs. I'm pretty sure it says that somewhere on the secondary itself. Says something along the lines of "purposely removes unnecessary spaces and any paragraphing" if I'm remembering correctly.

PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

4th yr here. Holla if you have any questions about the school or application process

Is anyone marked as complete yet? Submitted my secondary last week but it says they haven't received my recommendation letters yet even though I submitted the letters through AACOMAS and they were marked as received when I applied?

Is anyone marked as complete yet? Submitted my secondary last week but it says they haven't received my recommendation letters yet even though I submitted the letters through AACOMAS and they were marked as received when I applied?
I submitted my secondary 2 days ago, and everything is marked as complete. It looks like they received my scores in May and my LORS on June 17. I was verified on 5/31.

I submitted my secondary 2 days ago, and everything is marked as complete. It looks like they received my scores in May and my LORS on June 17. I was verified on 5/31.

I was verified 6/11 so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens

I haven't been marked as complete either. On the portal, it currently says my physician letter was received, but the other is still expected. Weird haha, I guess we should just give it another week or so before reaching out to them to see what's up.