2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary 6/14
1. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
2. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?
And a resume to top it off

@PapaGuava

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary 6/14
1. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

@PapaGuava

Hello! Did you get those secondaries today?

Secondary 6/14

@PapaGuava

What are the maximum word/character counts?

Where's my Secondary :( I was verified early June

Reactions: 1 users
No secondary for me yet either. Verified May 12th

Called the school and was told that AACOMAS is sending applications slower than last year. Recruitment coordinator told me to wait til the end of the week and give them a call back if you still haven't heard from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received secondaries to any of the 10 schools I applied. I guess all of them are slower this time around?

Same, applied to 13 and haven’t heard from any of them

Ah just realized their page says they only accept MCAT's "within three years of matriculation". Guess my June 2017 score is invalid then

PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

Is it bad that I'm not submitting as soon as I received it? I need a few days to write it lol.

Nope not at all. 2 weeks is the rule of thumb. I pre wrote mine that’s why.

Last edited:
So since both campuses are asking the same questions (obviously the first question's essay will be different), can the second essay for the school's be the same? I feel like the campus being different wouldn't change my answer to that second question. Thanks!!

So since both campuses are asking the same questions (obviously the first question's essay will be different), can the second essay for the school's be the same? I feel like the campus being different wouldn't change my answer to that second question. Thanks!!

Only thing I changed on the second essay was CCOM -> AZCOM lol

Reactions: 1 users
Should I write my mcat score on my CV?

It is already in your file and it is something they would be looking for either way, up to your discretion.

As someone who helps writes CV/Resumes I would recommend to use it if you need to fill up space, but considering you opted for CV instead of a (generally 1 page) resume you probably have enough EC's.

I'm sure it'll be great with which ever you choose! Thats just my 2cents :)

Should I write my mcat score on my CV?
The CV is for the interview if they give you one. The interviewers dont have access to your file so put anything you want on the CV that you would want the interviewers to see

Looking at last years thread, seems like IIs should be rolling out soon.

Reactions: 3 users
I was verified today (7/9) and received my secondary on the same day!

II! Complete 6/26

Reactions: 3 users
II!! Checked portal!!! No email. Lizzy M 71. OOS. CHECK YALL PORTALLSS

Obsessively checking my email at work lol...

II! 3.7/3.55/512 OOS. II showing on portal.

I'd imagine "Admissions" -> "Interview Scheduling".

This is likely due to the fact that I didn't get one, lol.

Reactions: 2 users