2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody that has been waitlisted been rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are they waitlisting people this late into the cycle?
No idea but to be fair I did interview relatively late (early March), and I have no idea about how many other people have also been added to the WL. Although I guess it is nice because both the email and Ms. Hill from admissions both said that even if you’re not accepted outright and put on the WL then you have a good shot of getting off of it as last cycle they exhausted their entire WL. However I don’t think I’ve seen too many, if any, post-II rejections here

Reactions: 1 user
No idea but to be fair I did interview relatively late (early March), and I have no idea about how many other people have also been added to the WL. Although I guess it is nice because both the email and Ms. Hill from admissions both said that even if you’re not accepted outright and put on the WL then you have a good shot of getting off of it as last cycle they exhausted their entire WL. However I don’t think I’ve seen too many, if any, post-II rejections here
They exhausted their entire WL last cycle? Meaning everyone who was waitlisted eventually was offered acceptance?

They exhausted their entire WL last cycle? Meaning everyone who was waitlisted eventually was offered acceptance?
When i interviewed, Ms. Hill said don’t worry if you get on the WL because “we pretty much exhausted our entire WL leaving only about 5 or so students left on it”. One thing you have to realize is people on the WL may withdraw If they get another acceptance. So say they make 100 WL offers, if 60 people withdraw at some point that leaves 40 left. MSAR says approx. 50 applicants on the WL get offers, so basically I believe that it was possible for them to exhaust that list if it was shrinking due to applicants withdrawing.

My big question, however, is how many people who were/are waiting on a decision are being waitlisted

Reactions: 3 users
I appreciate that I haven't been rejected yet (unless this is a soft rejection lol) but I don't really appreciate waiting months for a decision. I would probably be less salty if I had to wait months after being waitlisted. Maybe I'm just that impatient lol. But henceforth I'll be using more of my energy towards the acceptance I do have.

Reactions: 1 users
I appreciate that I haven't been rejected yet (unless this is a soft rejection lol) but I don't really appreciate waiting months for a decision. I would probably be less salty if I had to wait months after being waitlisted. Maybe I'm just that impatient lol. But henceforth I'll be using more of my energy towards the acceptance I do have.
I feel your pain.

Same here. I interviewed back in September, got waitlisted in December, and I’m impatiently waiting for a decision. I need to know whether I should prepare for the next cycle. I wish they at least told us our place on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
And also the waitlist is unranked according to the info on the portal so I’m not sure how they’re going to pull us off the waitlist

And also the waitlist is unranked according to the info on the portal so I’m not sure how they’re going to pull us off the waitlist
This is what I'm really interested about lol

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations that is pretty neat!! I wonder why they would put you on the waitlist if you were deserving of a scholarship though...this whole process is really interesting :thinking:
I don't understand it either. I was surprised and confused at the same time tbh. My guess is that when accepted students decline their offer of acceptance and scholarship that they offer the scholarship to others with similar stats as they accept them off the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I’m actually trying to apply for a non-institutional scholarship at Morehouse and it requires that the school submit an acceptance letter / verification on my behalf. Who might I get into contact with to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I’m actually trying to apply for a non-institutional scholarship at Morehouse and it requires that the school submit an acceptance letter / verification on my behalf. Who might I get into contact with to do this?

I believe the registrar's office would be the best for this

Declined my acceptance offer today. I hope it goes to one of you that has Morehouse at the top your list!

Reactions: 10 users
If we want to send a letter of intent, who do we send it to? What is the email?

Did you or others who sent updates to this email get a response? I sent a pretty substantial update but never received a response so I hope my email made it to them.

I got a reply from Dr. Jordon saying it was acknowledged.

Did you or others who sent updates to this email get a response? I sent a pretty substantial update but never received a response so I hope my email made it to them.

I sent mine last week but no response too

I sent an update maybe two weeks ago and still no response

One of my friend that got in said that on their GroupMe there’s only about 60ppl there, so idk if that’s a good thing for us on alternate list. Since it’s mid May, and there’s only approximately 60ppl.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
One of my friend that got in said that on their GroupMe there’s only about 50ppl there, so idk if that’s a good thing for us on alternate list. Since it’s mid May, and there’s only approximately 50ppl.
Hmmm why wouldn't that be a good thing?

For those who are matriculating - what is the Georgia residency certification for, exactly?

I was accepted. What is the link to the groupme and the FB page?

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted. What is the link to the groupme and the FB page?
Facebook:
GroupMe:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :claps:

For those who are matriculating - what is the Georgia residency certification for, exactly?

I may be wrong but I believe it is used to prove if you are resident of Georgia. I think that’s one of the requirements for Georgia resident.

I may be wrong but I believe it is used to prove if you are resident of Georgia. I think that’s one of the requirements for Georgia resident.

I’m a Georgia resident, and I was just curious as to what the proof is for? Is it for financial aid?

I’m a Georgia resident, and I was just curious as to what the proof is for? Is it for financial aid?

Idk if it has to do with aid, but Morehouse, MCG, and Mercer get funds from GA's state budget and generally have to admit a certain # of GA residents, so it could just be documentation for that.

Idk if it has to do with aid, but Morehouse, MCG, and Mercer get funds from GA's state budget and generally have to admit a certain # of GA residents, so it could just be documentation for that.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

Accepted! Got email just stating a decision has been made and to check the application portal. Was sure it was an R since it was such a curt email. So happy. Good luck to you all <3

Reactions: 8 users
I wonder which one is more accurate. 66 and 86 is quite a difference.
You also have to remember that fb groups often have admin and current students In them which could explain the difference in the amount of members in each

I got accepted off of the waitlist!

Reactions: 7 users
you guys think WL movement is still coming? the groupme has 74 people and the facebook group has 95. i wonder which one is more accurate.

the facebook group says "accepted candidates" so maybe that means it includes all who were accepted, but then ended up deciding not to attend Morehouse instead choosing another school?

the groupme says "incoming students" so it has all that have committed to coming

Last edited:
also was everyone put on the WL after the interview? or were some people rejected?