2019-2020 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Average MCAT score for NYITCOM is 508.

But it’s all dependent on your app as a whole. There are things other than your Mcat score that can set you apart from fellow applicants, and get you an acceptance despite the fact that your score is lower than the average. So I personally wouldn’t say 500 is too low for NYITCOM.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know this may have been asked before, but we do get an email with acceptance, right? Not just a call? I have my phone on me and such and I havent gotten any missed calls or anything, but looking at the WL support thread has me messed up.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who wrote letters of intent/interest who did you address them to?
Admissions committee, send it to the email that they gave in the WL update email.

I know this may have been asked before, but we do get an email with acceptance, right? Not just a call? I have my phone on me and such and I havent gotten any missed calls or anything, but looking at the WL support thread has me messed up.

Mine was an email, I didn’t receive a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Mine was an email, I didn’t receive a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! I have been watching my cell like a hawk but I'm worried about a call coming our home phone.
Ive yet to see someone on this thread that didn't get at least an email along with a call ( bc theres not really a portal here).

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanna know movements
No movement this week it seems.
And IDK about you, but how people get in is pretty important. If its a call or hard letter and you're checking your email you're missing the mark.

Probably good to keep in mind that many applicants aren't on sdn. Or at least not as active as some peeps

Probably good to keep in mind that many applicants aren't on sdn. Or at least not as active as some peeps
But that could have been the case this whole cycle- so it can be used to indicate that there is a dip in acceptances this week.

I just received an A from JB. My first acceptance ever. It’s been a rough cycle and last year’s (2018-2019) was a complete bust. Very thankful.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Accepted off the waitlist for OW today, interviewed 1/28, WL 2/21. Will be declining, hope it goes to one of you!

LM 68, in-state, non-trad

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I only received an email as well. No call.

Accepted off WL for OW this afternoon!!! Interviewed 3/12, WL on 3/30. Hoping the best for all of you <3

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today off of the waitlist through email! For OW. Interviewed 3/12 and waitlisted about two weeks after that. Really excited I get to rescind my acceptance to a school in California because that was too far for me to move. Best of luck to all of you!

Accepted today off of the waitlist through email! For OW. Interviewed 3/12 and waitlisted about two weeks after that. Really excited I get to rescind my acceptance to a school in California because that was too far for me to move. Best of luck to all of you!
Damn, that's 4 OW WL accepts in a single day.

Just got accepted off the waitlist last night!
Interview 3/27
WL 4/23
Accepted 5 /8
Local to NYIT Westbury, ORM

Reactions: 2 users
So what are the odds our first semester is going to be virtual? I’m from the area (OW) and things are not just not looking great

So what are the odds our first semester is going to be virtual? I’m from the area (OW) and things are not just not looking great

Yes, it's pretty bad here. The Governor extended the state lockdown to June 6th as well.

Maybe they'll move Anatomy and OMM labs to semester 2?
They said they'd let us know by June, so guess next month we'll all find out.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all that made it off the OW WL!! (and the JB WL also!!, im just applying to OW)

I never made it off :(
I am still hopeful that there is another huge movement on the waitlist like this one and that I get off soon.

Good luck to all of you that are still on the waitlist, STAY STRONG! you'll make amazing doctors;)

Wishing everyone all the best:)

Congratulations to all that made it off the OW WL!! (and the JB WL also!!, im just applying to OW)

I am still hopeful that there is another huge movement on the waitlist like this one and that I get off soon.

Good luck to all of you that are still on the waitlist, STAY STRONG! you'll make amazing doctors;)

Yea, still on the waitlist at Jonesboro

just curious but were you guys able to submit Interfolio letters to AACOMAS and then to NYITCOM? their website says they no longer accept Interfolio

curious as to whether that means directly from Interfolio or at all

Last edited:
just curious but were you guys able to submit Interfolio letters to AACOMAS and then to NYITCOM? their website says they no longer accept Interfolio

curious as to whether that means directly from Interfolio or at all

That’s how I sent my letters for this ongoing cycle! Maybe the policy has changed? Probably worth giving admissions a call or even an email if it’s not time sensitive. They’re usually very response via email!

Is it just me or is this a little premature? There is literally still another month and a half ( at least) of good WL movement , since most is in May and June and we're 11 days into May ( by July I can see why you may lose hope).

Is it just me or is this a little premature? There is literally still another month and a half ( at least) of good WL movement , since most is in May and June and we're 11 days into May ( by July I can see why you may lose hope).
They did say they were still hopeful for more movement. Probably just getting that re app started just incase things don’t go as planned. Just be patient and our time will come!

They did say they were still hopeful for more movement. Probably just getting that re app started just incase things don’t go as planned. Just be patient and our time will come!
Oh yeah ofc I am also preparing to reapply, I was just surprised because " I didn't get off" sounded like it's over and I was like " D:"

Oh yeah ofc I am also preparing to reapply, I was just surprised because " I didn't get off" sounded like it's over and I was like " D:"
Saying "I didn't get off" doesn't mean they think there's no chance that they will get off

I’m feeling the same way don’t worry x_X. Don’t lose hope even though it’s easy to make yourself crazy, especially during times like these.

Please don't give up hope guys (both OW and JB). I have quite a few classmates who were admitted in June or right before orientation, and I've heard the same for the OW campus. It's still very early!

Reactions: 6 users
will be withdrawing my acceptance here, got into my state school. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed there in September and it took until February to hear that I was on the WL. No idea what that means in terms of rankings

I interviewed there in September and it took until February to hear that I was on the WL. No idea what that means in terms of rankings
Admissions re-evaluate their whole waitlist pool for an open spot. Unfortunately, Jonesboro campus is way behind schedule this cycle compared to other cycles on their waitlist movement. It’s just a waiting game for now.

I did write them a love letter, I mean a letter of intent, so maybe they will have some mercy

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if you are allowed to stay on other schools' waitlists past May 15th? I know on 5/15 is when AACOMAS releases which students are committed to each school, but when I called to ask they said you have to ask the specific school. Has anyone asked NYITCOM about this issue?

Admissions re-evaluate their whole waitlist pool for an open spot. Unfortunately, Jonesboro campus is way behind schedule this cycle compared to other cycles on their waitlist movement. It’s just a waiting game for now.
Yes, I can confirm this. Unfortunately, our director of admissions resigned in the middle of the spring semester at the height of the admission movement. The rest of the process is being handled by the deans and other academic affairs faculty.