2019-2020 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The background check, I just got the email like ten minutes ago. It's actually a Cetriphi background check, but I've used Cori for another background check.
I just got this email as well and have started filling out the application. However there is a fee of ~$140? Why are we paying for the background check? Shouldn't that be covered by the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got this email as well and have started filling out the application. However there is a fee of ~$140? Why are we paying for the background check? Shouldn't that be covered by the school?
Noo idea, man. I didnt even finish it yet, crap. Thats so much!

Just wanted to let you guys know I withdrew my A for OW - hoping it goes to one of you! I'm sure there will be some more movement to come. Thanks for all your support on this thread through out the year, please never give up!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let you guys know I withdrew my A for OW - hoping it goes to one of you! I'm sure there will be some more movement to come. Thanks for all your support on this thread through out the year, please never give up!
Fingers crossed that there will be even more movement. Honestly I've been trying to stay off of SDN because I see that so many people are withdrawing As and people are getting accepted off the waitlist and I haven't been one of those people so it's getting really disheartening.

Reactions: 7 users
Is there any chance of campus opening normally in the fall?

Im gonna be away from home for the first time, maybe even living alone if I cant find roommate, and then just being trapped in my apartment without being able to wile away my days on campus. Im a little nervous about the adjustment.

(Ofc I'm still super grateful i got in I just wish COVID wasn't happening for soo long.)

Fingers crossed that there will be even more movement. Honestly I've been trying to stay off of SDN because I see that so many people are withdrawing As and people are getting accepted off the waitlist and I haven't been one of those people so it's getting really disheartening.
I feel the exact same way doc but don’t lose hope we can do this!

I wish you all the best for all of you on the waitlist and I can’t wait to be your classmate for those who got accepted!!

Reactions: 1 user
For those accepted off of the WL, has anyone received confirmation that their Immunization Form was received? I sent mine in a while ago and haven't heard anything.

For those accepted off of the WL, has anyone received confirmation that their Immunization Form was received? I sent mine in a while ago and haven't heard anything.
It should come back in a couple of days.

I don't think I ever received a confirmation other than they stopped sending me spooky OUT OF COMPLIANCE! emails. I submitted via the website, not email so maybe that's why.

Hi guys, I know it's so annoying that it's me again, but I have another question-

When it comes to ordering the scrubs, they specified that to make sure you ordered the right size. So, for my scribe job, and right now, I normally order scrubs in just 1 size too big. That's because scrubs are basically a T shirt and scrubs, and I like them bigger because I normally wear long shirts/dresses with pants as part of observing Islamic dress. It's not an issue if I order slightly oversized scrubs, right?I want them to be a bit bigger.

That's what I did for my scribe job and it was fine.

Hi guys, I know it's so annoying that it's me again, but I have another question-

When it comes to ordering the scrubs, they specified that to make sure you ordered the right size. So, for my scribe job, and right now, I normally order scrubs in just 1 size too big. That's because scrubs are basically a T shirt and scrubs, and I like them bigger because I normally wear long shirts/dresses with pants as part of observing Islamic dress. It's not an issue if I order slightly oversized scrubs, right?I want them to be a bit bigger.

You can order whatever size you want. I think the reason they want to make sure you ordered the right size is because they aren't paying for it if they don't fit and you want to replace them with a different size.

• Love
You can order whatever size you want. I think the reason they want to make sure you ordered the right size is because they aren't paying for it if they don't fit and you want to replace them with a different size.

Uhhh where did you read about ordering scrubs

• Love
Uhhh where did you read about ordering scrubs
oh boy. Are you OW? If so check your nyit email for an email from Linda. It says the deadline for ordering is tomorrow not sure if that's enforced but I would get on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh boy. Are you OW? If so check your nyit email for an email from Linda. It says the deadline for ordering is tomorrow not sure if that's enforced but I would get on it.
What the deadline is June 19th or at least it was for me...

What the deadline is June 19th or at least it was for me...
Maybe it's based on the day you were accepted since I received the email to order them on the 3rd.
1592153993533.png

Wow thank you so much. Somehow my email never got set up and everything was going to spam. SDN strikes again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any accepted students do the choose your refund method thing yet?
I haven’t yet . I would prefer to have refunds go to a personal account rather than the BankMobile disbursements thing, but not sure how to get it set up with my personal account.

I haven’t yet . I would prefer to have refunds go to a personal account rather than the BankMobile disbursements thing, but not sure how to get it set up with my personal account.

Just FYI through BankMobile, you can set it up to send the refunds to your personal account!

The scrubs, if they're the same as before, run way large. I normally wear a large and I was absolutely swimming in mine. The facebook group at one point will inevitably consist of people asking to trade scrubs a size down with someone lol. If you normally order 1 size too big I'd order just your normal size as they'll run large for that size.

The scrubs, if they're the same as before, run way large. I normally wear a large and I was absolutely swimming in mine. The facebook group at one point will inevitably consist of people asking to trade scrubs a size down with someone lol. If you normally order 1 size too big I'd order just your normal size as they'll run large for that size.
Oh ****.
Well, I got a female small because that's what I got for my scribe america scrubs....I did use the measurements they gave us though, so Im hoping I just went one size from my actual size like I was intending.
Oh well, at least there's a tradesies.

Has anyone from the Jonesboro campus gotten a supplies list or scrubs order information yet? I've been checking my NYITCOM email, and just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow miss something?

Weird, I haven't gotten any email regarding ordering scrubs. (OW-campus) Anyways, is there a facebook group for incoming students? I've tried searching for it but I couldn't find it.

Weird, I haven't gotten any email regarding ordering scrubs. (OW-campus) Anyways, is there a facebook group for incoming students? I've tried searching for it but I couldn't find it.

Not sure if you’ve checked your NYIT email- I didn’t even know I had one until I looked into this group. I didnt get any notification I even had an NYIT email established!!

Not sure if you’ve checked your NYIT email- I didn’t even know I had one until I looked into this group. I didnt get any notification I even had an NYIT email established!!
That is so scary OMG.

That is so scary OMG.

Yep, I got the A on 4/30, didn’t know this email existed until 6/14. my inbox was filled with stuff that i had to do. I checked all my previous emails from my personal (which i used for all correspondence) and there was no mention I even had an NYIT email. WTF!!!

Yep, I got the A on 4/30, didn’t know this email existed until 6/14. my inbox was filled with stuff that i had to do. I checked all my previous emails from my personal (which i used for all correspondence) and there was no mention I even had an NYIT email. WTF!!!
DIdn't the acceptance email tell you to set up your NYIT account to fill out the acceptance reply form- that would have set up your email?

DIdn't the acceptance email tell you to set up your NYIT account to fill out the acceptance reply form- that would have set up your email?

I checked every single email from my original inbox and there was no mention of an NYIT email, or that important info would be going to it. Thank god it’s all settled now. They def should have clearly communicated it

I checked every single email from my original inbox and there was no mention of an NYIT email, or that important info would be going to it. Thank god it’s all settled now. They def should have clearly communicated it
Yea I figured out I had a nyit email 3 months after my acceptance. It was april and i knew that tution for accepted people was due thats when i discovered my nyit email. It was confusing since I was still getting some emails on my regular email. I agree they should have notified us on that much clearly.

did anyone get a link from certiphi? I tried to find the CBC on the website but couldn't find it

Just wanted to let you guys know I’ll be withdrawing from the JB campus tonight! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist :)

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted my background check like 5 days ago and payed the $140 fee.
Thats all you had to do before the deadline, right? Like even if it isn't completed by then? Bc they lefta girl HANGIN'

Also accepted to JB this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone already start a Grad Plus Loan application or do we have to wait for financial award letter for unsubsidized loans?

Did anyone already start a Grad Plus Loan application or do we have to wait for financial award letter for unsubsidized loans?

you can go ahead and apply for the grad plus loan now (app/MPN), and they will add it to your financial aid package when they receive the information.

you can go ahead and apply for the grad plus loan now (app/MPN), and they will add it to your financial aid package when they receive the information.

Yeah I applied for it and got it back shortly after submitting the MPN!

I submitted my background check like 5 days ago and payed the $140 fee.
Thats all you had to do before the deadline, right? Like even if it isn't completed by then? Bc they lefta girl HANGIN'
As long as you filled out the stuff and paid the 140 within 10 days of receiving the background check email you are all good.

So is anyone reapplying to this school in the coming cycle? Did anyone apply that was on the WL last year and possibly got in this round?
I’m just trying to gauge what people did differently. I’m still hoping to get in this cycle off the WL but don’t wanna put all my eggs in one basket so I’m thinking about applying again.

Has anyone from the Jonesboro campus gotten a supplies list or scrubs order information yet? I've been checking my NYITCOM email, and just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow miss something?

I’ve been wondering the same!

So is anyone reapplying to this school in the coming cycle? Did anyone apply that was on the WL last year and possibly got in this round?
I’m just trying to gauge what people did differently. I’m still hoping to get in this cycle off the WL but don’t wanna put all my eggs in one basket so I’m thinking about applying again.

The one main thing I learned this admission cycle is that MCAT score matters a lot, meaning that you should try to improve your MCAT scores (if you believe your current score not reflective of your abilities). As a result, you will get more interviews next cycle and increase your chances of getting in.