2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning. LM 72, IS, Submitted 7/1, Complete 7/22. All dates before december taken within first 5 min.
Do we ever get an email after scheduling the interview? I don't remember which date I picked and never got a confirmation
II this morning as well and I got an email confirming my date around an hour later!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now! Submitted 6/29, Complete 8/13. Reapplicant who was waitlisted the last cycle here so I am super excited to have another chance!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Submitted 6/29, Complete 8/13. Reapplicant who was waitlisted the last cycle here so I am super excited to have another chance!
Congrats. may i know the stats.

Was anyone who got an interview today able to schedule their interview earlier than December? I couldn't schedule it until around now and wondering if I missed out on scheduling earlier because I was unable to schedule the moment I received the email...

Was anyone who got an interview today able to schedule their interview earlier than December? I couldn't schedule it until around now and wondering if I missed out on scheduling earlier because I was unable to schedule the moment I received the email...
Cant change the past! An interview is an interview. No regrets!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how to re-confirm our interview date? I clicked on the invite link and looked through emails but can't seem to verify it. I just want to make sure I have the correct date.
Also I didn't get a response back after sending my passport photo, I'm assuming they have it but wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Does anyone know how to re-confirm our interview date? I clicked on the invite link and looked through emails but can't seem to verify it. I just want to make sure I have the correct date.
Also I didn't get a response back after sending my passport photo, I'm assuming they have it but wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
yeah didn't get any confirmations about the photo. But you will receive reminders with your date.

For those of you that have already heard back, did they notify you within the 4-6 weeks that they mention on the secondary website?

Is there a way to check our status or we just wait for an email?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many LOR's did you all submit to this school? They said they have no recommended number, so wondering if I should send all 7?

Hello! I received an application complete notification a week or so ago, but then today got a reminder to send CASPer. I double checked the CASPer portal to confirm and it says results delivered. Does anyone know if this is just a generic email?
generic

Complete email received 8/14 (was waiting on a committee letter, submitted their no-secondary secondary the day I received it) and no communication since. NYMC's email seems to imply that they do rejections in waves ("The admissions office will regularly send out status updates to all applicants on where they stand during the cycle.") Does anyone know if/when they start rejecting?

II!

Complete 7/22

Reactions: 10 users
II with all January dates. Wow.

Reactions: 6 users
II today, complete 7/20ish; no dates prior to January;

Reactions: 1 users
I got a II here last year in October and scooped up an October date! People cancel slots open!
This is a great point! I bet it happens once people start getting acceptances in mid-late october! Chin up everyone!

Complete email received 8/14 (was waiting on a committee letter, submitted their no-secondary secondary the day I received it) and no communication since. NYMC's email seems to imply that they do rejections in waves ("The admissions office will regularly send out status updates to all applicants on where they stand during the cycle.") Does anyone know if/when they start rejecting?
I was complete 8/13. Based on the compete dates of the people that just got IIs, I think we're ok/not out of the running yet.

“We wanted to let you know that your application has been received and reviewed. Though we are unable to offer you an interview at this time, please rest assured that we will continue to review your application throughout the remainder of the interview season. Your application is important to us and we appreciate your patience while we continue to review applicants on a regular basis.”

Just to confirm — this means it’s a hold, right?

“We wanted to let you know that your application has been received and reviewed. Though we are unable to offer you an interview at this time, please rest assured that we will continue to review your application throughout the remainder of the interview season. Your application is important to us and we appreciate your patience while we continue to review applicants on a regular basis.”

did they just email that?

Hi! I was complete 2 July and received an II on 10 September!! Hang in there :)

Reactions: 4 users

Yep.

That sucks. I’m sorry. When were you complete? I feel like mine’s coming

Edit- I’m officially at the 6 week mark (since submitting - only 4 weeks since receiving the complete email). Did people hear by then, or does it actually take longer?

Last edited:
That sucks. I’m sorry. When were you complete? I feel like mine’s coming

Edit- I’m officially at the 6 week mark. Did people hear by then, or does it actually take longer?
I haven't received a hold! I've been complete since 7/19 and haven't heard anything back other than an email stating they received my update (publication) recently.

• Love
For the sake of consistency, are the complete dates people are stating the ones based on when you sent everything in, or based on email confirmation from NYMC?

I’ve been complete since 7/10 and nothing

Reactions: 2 users
For the sake of consistency, are the complete dates people are stating the ones based on when you sent everything in, or based on email confirmation from NYMC?
I've been using the email confirmation date.

II today! But its in January!!! Is this baaaad? Edit: I was complete 8/2, OOS

Reactions: 7 users
II today! But its in January!!! Is this baaaad? Edit: I was complete 8/2, OOS
Congrats! Nope I don't think its bad the same happened for me. Besides, an interview in January is still an interview which means its still a shot at an acceptance!