2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this type of post is pointless but does anyone know the admission % post-interview? i reallyyyy loved this school and only felt mediocre/average about my interview; nothing bad but nothing incredible

Unfortunately, unless you sit on the admission committee I doubt anyone has the exact numbers.

We all have some degree of Type A personality or we wouldn't be in/be interested in medicine haha. The unknown gives us anxiety and its definitely a good trait to have in a future physician. But this whole application system is very much a crap shoot! For example, 2 years ago our school barely had any waitlist movement whereas, the year I entered there were quite a ton!

My best advice is to just get off SDN if it is not helping your mental health. You've put in all the hard work getting to this point and I'm sure you smoked the interview, worrying about it now won't affect anything :)

I remember being in your shoes and it was really annoying when a med student said "don't worry it'll all work out" bc I thought "ez for you to say bro...ur in!" but I honestly regret not enjoying my gap year such as doing my favorite hobbies, spending time w/ family and friends. Bc honestly, right now bc of how busy I am (and it certainly won't get easier in residency) I've had to sacrifice a lot in terms of my hobbies and rarely see my family!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if NYMC accepts updates pre-ll? Or are they done interviewing? Thanks!

Unfortunately, unless you sit on the admission committee I doubt anyone has the exact numbers.

We all have some degree of Type A personality or we wouldn't be in/be interested in medicine haha. The unknown gives us anxiety and its definitely a good trait to have in a future physician. But this whole application system is very much a crap shoot! For example, 2 years ago our school barely had any waitlist movement whereas, the year I entered there were quite a ton!

My best advice is to just get off SDN if it is not helping your mental health. You've put in all the hard work getting to this point and I'm sure you smoked the interview, worrying about it now won't affect anything :)

I remember being in your shoes and it was really annoying when a med student said "don't worry it'll all work out" bc I thought "ez for you to say bro...ur in!" but I honestly regret not enjoying my gap year such as doing my favorite hobbies, spending time w/ family and friends. Bc honestly, right now bc of how busy I am (and it certainly won't get easier in residency) I've had to sacrifice a lot in terms of my hobbies and rarely see my family!

you’re right you’re right! okay *deep breaths* thank you for your advice and encouragement!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if NYMC accepts updates pre-ll? Or are they done interviewing? Thanks!
They do! I sent one in a few weeks ago and got confirmation it was added to my file :) just email it directly to their admissions email

Reactions: 1 user
Nope :( was expecting to hear today (interviewed 12/3) but I haven’t heard anything yet
I interviewed in early December too, and haven't heard anything yet either. Trying not to stress though because they may be behind due to the holidays!

For people who were accepted: I am completing the Fafsa, but is there anything else NYMC requires to have completed for financial aid? I know some other schools have apps for institutional aid that need to be completed. I am looking at the portal and just wondering what else needs to be done?

I interviewed in early December too, and haven't heard anything yet either. Trying not to stress though because they may be behind due to the holidays!
I interviewed mid December and they told us 6-8 weeks but probably closer to 8

for anyone who interviewed here already: does everyone get to the breakfast at 8:45 or is it more of a trickle-in thing? just so i know what time i should get there. thanks!

for anyone who interviewed here already: does everyone get to the breakfast at 8:45 or is it more of a trickle-in thing? just so i know what time i should get there. thanks!

everyone got there at 8:45 and signed in. Wouldn’t really change anything if you came late though, it was a casual thing with two students there to talk with and ask questions

I came late and no one cared. The med students were later, anyways.

For people who were accepted: I am completing the Fafsa, but is there anything else NYMC requires to have completed for financial aid? I know some other schools have apps for institutional aid that need to be completed. I am looking at the portal and just wondering what else needs to be done?

If you are eligible for Need-based grants, I believe there is an application for that on the NYMC website

Thanks! I got an email though saying you can expect to hear from us within 6 weeks? Did you get that email too?
Yeah they said 4-6 weeks at my early Dec interview and then the email said within 6 weeks. They're probably just delayed from the holidays.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today. Complete late July-interview dates remaining for this bracket are 3/10-3-24

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how to access the portal? I can’t find a link anywhere for it

Has anyone heard back yet from early December interviews? They told us we'd hear back in about 4-6 weeks but it's been 7 weeks and I still haven't heard anything!!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard back yet from early December interviews? They told us we'd hear back in about 4-6 weeks but it's been 7 weeks and I still haven't heard anything!!

Ughhh the suspense is killing me. I’m only 5 weeks post interview and I know it was the holiday season but... I’m ready for my answer now :arghh::arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't heard back from them since I submitted my app. I wrote them 3 letters and updates. Any chance still or getting an II?

Reactions: 4 users
Now I'm constantly refreshing my email haha. When did you submit? Were you on hold or anything? Stats?

Omg same. Obsessively. As long as someone got an II today I’m hoping the admissions dept will roll out a big wave of decisions too

Accepted!!! Interviewed 12/10. I'd given up on MD a long time ago because of my GPA, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be in shock for the next 17 years. :dead:

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Ahh yay congrats everyone! I guess since I interviewed 12/17 I gotta wait a little longer. Still holding my breath for good news

Accepted 12/9! Did anyone get the email to pay the deposit yet?

II earlier today. Complete 9/28. No holds. Six dates range from 03/05 to 03/24.

Reactions: 6 users
From the responses, it seems as if they responded to students who interviewed from 11/21 to 12/10. Anyone know how many interviews in middle of those dates? know 12/9 was also included but anymore? Just want to get an idea as to how many interview days they would consider when meeting for decisions...

What has nymc’s waitlist movement looked like in the past? From my understanding they take about 50 off? Is this accurate?

What has nymc’s waitlist movement looked like in the past? From my understanding they take about 50 off? Is this accurate?

Varies widely from year to year, hard to say exactly. In general it’s not a bad waitlist to be on but each cycle is different.

anyone know how many seats they have filled? read on other threads that some schools interview for the waitlist.. i interviewed two weeks ago ahh

Varies widely from year to year, hard to say exactly. In general it’s not a bad waitlist to be on but each cycle is different.
Yes but its hard to deny that last cycle not a single personally posted that they got in off the waitlist-- one person posted being deferred a year. Also the year before that there was minimal movement too.

Anyone who interviewed on 12/17-12/19 hear back yet?

Anyone who interviewed on 12/17-12/19 hear back yet?

No :( on last year’s sdn forum it looks like decisions were rolled out every 2 weeks, so I’m assuming the next handful of interview dates that happened after 12/10 should come in the beginning of February. I could be wrong tho, idk. I’m just giving up on refreshing my inbox for now :/