2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got placed on hold for interview lol.... It's 2/06

Same just now. Was complete early September. Hoping it has to mean something since why would they put us on hold this late in the cycle instead of straight R?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same just now. Was complete early September. Hoping it has to mean something since why would they put us on hold this late in the cycle instead of straight R?
im honestly more insulted by the fact that this isnt an R

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
im honestly more insulted by the fact that this isnt an R
I haven't heard anything and submitted the first day (complete late July) not even a hold haha so at least you know they reviewed you...

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, so quick question about commuting. Should I take the Metro north from grand central terminal to Valhalla or to White Plains? Which is overall cheaper and closer to the school? I have an interview coming up soon. Thanks!

White plains has express trains from grand central which is still convenient. I think Valhalla is “closer” but not a lot. Uber is $10-15 usually.

I recommend whichever has a train leaving GCT soonest after you arrive. Either is okay. Can go to Tarrytown also.

Anyone know how the NYMC waitlist process works?
Yes, it doesn't lol. Last year on the thread 0 people reported getting offers. Lots of "my friend" and such but that really is not a good sign based on how SDN works. Obviously everyone is not on SDN but to have 0 people say they got off is super extreme. Like even schools like VTECH that have minimal movement had people report. But people do get in so >0!

Anyone have any idea when the next decision day will be?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any idea when the next decision day will be?
A member of staff told my interview day that they were a bit backed up and we could expect to hear within "6 to 8 weeks" even though the paperwork mentioned 4-6 or so.

A member of staff told my interview day that they were a bit backed up and we could expect to hear within "6 to 8 weeks" even though the paperwork mentioned 4-6 or so.
when was your interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed yesterday and they also said 6-8 weeks for decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
II, wasn't expecting it after being complete in July...
Sent an update letter since the new year, so that probably helped.

Edit: Was never on hold

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Ok so I have said before, but I love NYMC and am super excited I got in here (definitely one of my final contenders). But for the past few days, I have been on a rabbit hole of med school parody videos and had yet to see one from here. It was kind of a letdown. But TODAY, I found it, and now I share it with you all:

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted, interviewed 1/16

Does anyone know what the unranked waitlist means? Will it still be rolling or will they batch decisions around April/May?

• Sad
Has anyone who interviewed after 1/16 heard anything yet? It seems like they may not be as slow as they were expecting.

Has anyone who interviewed after 1/16 heard anything yet? It seems like they may not be as slow as they were expecting.
idk if they are going in order though since i interviewed 1/7 and haven’t heard anything

did anyone interview after the 6th but before the 13th? based on SDN posts i feel like my interview date was skipped haha

did anyone interview after the 6th but before the 13th? based on SDN posts i feel like my interview date was skipped haha
Individual apps are not voted on in order. thats not how admissions committees work

Waitlisted, interviewed 1/16

Does anyone know what the unranked waitlist means? Will it still be rolling or will they batch decisions around April/May?
Judging by last years thread, it looks like they will batch decisions around April/May.

Does anyone know if they accept updates before giving your their admissions decision?

Received an II this morning. Dates from next week until March.

Will be declining but I hope it goes to one of you. Best wishes!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Received an II this morning. Dates from next week until March.

Will be declining but I hope it goes to one of you. Best wishes!
When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking? And were you ever put on hold? Just wondering because I was complete really early and have no hold just silence from them still...

Reactions: 3 users
When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking? And were you ever put on hold? Just wondering because I was complete really early and have no hold just silence from them still...

Complete on 8/31 or so.
Never put on hold. I never sent any updates or anything.
They had at least 5-6 dates. I hope you get one!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I just called admissions since I interviewed 6 weeks ago, just to check on the status. they said it will be 6-8 weeks for everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
II today. Complete 8/22, never put on hold, didn't send an update. Am I correct in assuming this is for a waitlist spot or are they still accepting students outright?

Reactions: 6 users
II today. Complete 8/22, never put on hold, didn't send an update. Am I correct in assuming this is for a waitlist spot or are they still accepting students outright?
Following. II this morning, complete in July.

• Wow
Last decision day reported only waitlists, sooo it is probably safe to assume most people are interviewing for WL spots

• Sad
Last decision day reported only waitlists, sooo it is probably safe to assume most people are interviewing for WL spots
That's what I was thinking as well. I'll likely be turning down the invite - good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Still waiting for that II since July..no hold two years in a row lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
That's what I was thinking as well. I'll likely be turning down the invite - good luck to everyone still waiting!

They may have only sent out waitlist results and not accepted/rejected since many people haven’t heard yet even on the same dates as ppl who said they were waitlisted. Idk! If you like the school, there is no harm in trying! don’t skip based on assumptions on here, none of us actually know anything for sure

Reactions: 2 users
They may have only sent out waitlist results and not accepted/rejected since many people haven’t heard yet even on the same dates as ppl who said they were waitlisted. Idk! If you like the school, there is no harm in trying! don’t skip based on assumptions on here, none of us actually know anything for sure

PLUS their waitlist is not ranked according to their website.
Their website doesnt mention anything about interviewing for waitlists. You could call to ask maybe

PLUS their waitlist is not ranked according to their website.
Their website doesnt mention anything about interviewing for waitlists. You could call to ask maybe
Last year’s threads state that a lot of people come off of the WL too

Besides the Fafsa, is there anything to do for financial aid for NYMC?