2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Grateful to be interviewing here soon. Is there a lot of walking throughout the interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Grateful to be interviewing here soon. Is there a lot of walking throughout the interview day?

Not really! There is a shuttle we took, but even if you walk to the various buildings, it isn't super far. Dorms are across a parking lot.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed exactly 4 weeks ago, this next 2-4 weeks is gonna be rough. Especially since i have no A's and am waiting on 3 post interview decisions:nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted. Just got the email right now. Interviewed 01/13 I think

Reactions: 10 users
accepted! interviewed 01/07 long 8 weeks but IM GUNNA BE AN MD (someone cardiovert me asap)

Reactions: 14 users
Did anyone who got the hold here last month get the axe yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. Did not expect this one.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
For the interview, does anyone know if the informal breakfast is mandatory and if you're supposed to be there at 8:45 on the dot?

Pre-II R. Complete 7/11. No hold. Sent an update by email 1/14.

• Sad
For the interview, does anyone know if the informal breakfast is mandatory and if you're supposed to be there at 8:45 on the dot?
You sign in so I would recommend going! and I would just recommend being punctual and engaged the whole time since it is an interview although I don’t think they are keeping track of when you show up. there were students there who claim they aren’t part of the interview

anyone have any info about WL movement? do people get off the waitlist here? do they like LOIs? who should we direct LOIs to? director of admission? admissions committee? anyone specific? thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
@catladybutnormal you’re not making a strong case for normal right now.

Scroll up and read through some previous posts and you’ll find the answers you’re looking for.
thx for ur unhelpful comment/unnecessary notification. I have gone through many pages and still would like answers to the questions I asked :thumbup:

edit: using the search function to search for comments mentioning "LOI" or "letter of intent" gave me nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
thx for ur unhelpful comment/unnecessary notification. I have gone through many pages and still would like answers to the questions I asked :thumbup:

edit: using the search function to search for comments mentioning "LOI" or "letter of intent" gave me nothing.

If you search “update” you’ll find your answers. Consider all communication, including LOI as a form of update letter to the admissions dept.

Reactions: 2 users
If you search “update” you’ll find your answers. Consider all communication, including LOI as a form of update letter to the admissions dept.
Guess I’d still like to know who to address the official letter to but I suppose I can keep it very general. At another school, we were told to address it to a specific person (the director of admissions). Thx anyway

Guess I’d still like to know who to address the official letter to but I suppose I can keep it very general. At another school, we were told to address it to a specific person (the director of admissions). Thx anyway

Maybe call the admissions office and ask them for yourself :)

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe call the admissions office and ask them for yourself :)
Why is everyone being so rude? I asked a question on this thread so I wouldn’t have to call admissions. Jeez. Guess I’ll just go f*** myself then lol

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Why is everyone being so rude? I asked a question on this thread so I wouldn’t have to call admissions. Jeez. Guess I’ll just go f*** myself then lol
I agree people are being unneccesarily rude to you, for no apparent reason. I wish I could help you but unfortunately I just got rejected from here Pre-II after sending multiple updates haha. But at other schools I have just addressed it to the Dean/Director of Admissions and the members of the committee!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah people are being really rude to you, the point of these forums is to ask questions lol. To answer your question, people do come off the WL but it varies by year. I don't know about LOIs though.

EDIT: Never mind, actually just found an answer!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Love
Just withdrew my acceptance from NYMC. Very grateful for the opportunity and hope it goes to one of you gems!

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 11 users
For those asking, I received an ii after being on hold. My hold email was on 2019 so I cannot speak to 2020. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Sorry my comment came off as rude. I, personally, would rather get the info you requested directly from the source rather than other applicants on SDN and that’s why I made my suggestion. Best of luck!

Last edited:
@catladybutnormal I apologize for coming off rude; I could feel the stress in your post and I was trying to be lighthearted about it.

I referred you to the rest of the thread partially because this is often discussed and partially because after four years of answering the same question multiple times per year, I feel tired when people don’t attempt to gather the info themselves.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think so - they also record them

Current M2 here- lectures are definitely not mandatory, they’re recorded and also scribed by students. I would say first year about 40% of the class attends lecture and that drops to 25% second year. There are still small group exercises which are mandatory about three times a week- this includes anatomy/histology/microbiology labs, clinical medicine standardized patient sessions and case discussions.

Happy to answer any questions about the school!

I’m sorry but I laughed out loud at your signature. How many people on here even know who Jenny is?? lmao.

lmao i've spend months cultivating a small inner circle of people who know who Jenny is. Welcome to the fold Darkling

• Haha
anyone know when the facebook page for the class of 2024 will go up for accepted students?

Reactions: 1 users