2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance here. I wish you all the best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R after being on hold since September!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview for Thursday (they are still holding it). Anyone else interviewing?

Complete silence since July. No hold or anything. :/ Are they still sending out IIs?

Reactions: 2 users
Just received word that, effective today, they will be conducting interviews virtually. What a time to be alive!!

Reactions: 3 users
Based on the situation in Westchester I am curious why second look hasn’t been cancelled yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to know how this MMI will work via webcam. :eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad :)
A simple solution would be to rotate interviewers room to room. Will be interested to see what they come up with!
Works for me, especially since I would have been on crutches at the interview. Excited for this one!

anddddd goodbye second look day. too bad i bought non refundable tickets (rookie mistake)

• Sad
Has anyone gotten the details for the web based MMI yet? Interviewing 03/19

Current M2 here- lectures are definitely not mandatory, they’re recorded and also scribed by students. I would say first year about 40% of the class attends lecture and that drops to 25% second year. There are still small group exercises which are mandatory about three times a week- this includes anatomy/histology/microbiology labs, clinical medicine standardized patient sessions and case discussions.

Happy to answer any questions about the school!

could you share what you know about housing/move-in? im likely attending here next year and wondering what students generally do for housing (on or off campus) and the timing of it, too :)

Did you get the email or the details? Thanks
They emailed me today with regards to how the MMI is going to be conducted. They sent a calendar invite to accept for my specific Interview time/date, the zoom video chat link, and then the confidentiality form and a few other things. Seems like they will have the interview and then an information session with regards to financial aid. It says it’ll be an hour and forty minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
could you share what you know about housing/move-in? im likely attending here next year and wondering what students generally do for housing (on or off campus) and the timing of it, too :)

Move in is typically the Friday/Weekend before the first day of orientation - for my first year move in was July 27 and orientation started Monday July 30.

Most people live on campus the first two years, with a good chunk of people moving off campus but in the nearby area in the second year. For the third and fourth year, it’s split between people who want to stay in westchester for their rotations, or in the city.

I have always lived off campus and commuted up from the city - I live in the Washington heights/Inwood neighborhood of upper Manhattan. It takes about half an hour to get to school and I have found it pretty convenient, but socially it is nicer to stay on campus for the first year. There are a decent number of people who commute, commonly from nearby locations like tarrytown or from further away like upper manhattan, riverdale, or the upper east side.

Are interviews still being sent here?

Are interviews still being sent here?
i think they are interviewing til the end of march and sending out ii to fill any last minute cancellations

Hello,

I did not hear back this entire cycle and decided to send them an email. They've stated that I am on hold and application can still be reviewed for an interview till the end of March. I never received an email that I was on hold. Is this a refusal?

I called admissions for the move in dates so i could move the plane tickets i bought for second look day to move in day and they said furnished housing will move in July 23 and unfurnished housing will move in July 24. The housing application is online and they haven’t begun reviewing applications yet. they fill housing first come first served style

Hello,

I did not hear back this entire cycle and decided to send them an email. They've stated that I am on hold and application can still be reviewed for an interview till the end of March. I never received an email that I was on hold. Is this a refusal?

Interesting, I also never heard back since July..maybe im on hold too haha

Interesting, I also never heard back since July..maybe im on hold too haha

Honestly at this point, I just want my rejection. Sent an email to a school last week that I didn't get a rejection, and 20 mins later, they updated my portal with a rejection lol.

• Haha
Unfortunately it looks like the covid-19 outbreak is delaying decisions. Haven't seen any decisions posted since February 28. Understandable considering a lot of the adcoms are probably involved as clinicians.

Interviewed 2/10, waitlisted just now

Interview 02/03/2020, just got waitlisted. Can anyone who experienced this previously or current students provide any info on how the waitlist moves in NYMC? Thanks for any help

Interview 02/03/2020, just got waitlisted. Can anyone who experienced this previously or current students provide any info on how the waitlist moves in NYMC? Thanks for any help
Last year not a single person reported getting off the NYMC waitlist to start this past summer. Aka for the past two cycles it’s been really bad. Just being honest. I’m sure some people got off but I’ve never seen it on another thread where no one got off (a few got deferred acceptance) and this is a pretty big thread too

People come off the waitlist. It’s hard to predict how any given year will go even without a pandemic apocalypse, so it’s anyone’s guess what will happen this year.

MSAR probably has the reported info. Unfortunately all there is to do is wait and see how things play out.

Capture.PNG

Are they still offering interviews at this point?

As a current second year, I can say that there are people in my class and the first-year class who were accepted off the waitlist during the summer. That being said, they are very good at managing their accepted class. They accept more students than the eventual class size, knowing that some will withdraw their acceptance. Because of this, they have had very little waitlist movement the past two years, but there have been a few people pulled off. It all depends on how many students decide to go other places.

I called admissions for the move in dates so i could move the plane tickets i bought for second look day to move in day and they said furnished housing will move in July 23 and unfurnished housing will move in July 24. The housing application is online and they haven’t begun reviewing applications yet. they fill housing first come first served style
cool thanks for relaying the info! is the housing application open as of now or did they say when it would open? is it found on the touro portal? i haven't looked at it since submitting the deposit

Attachments

• 48E7E7CD-78F2-466E-984A-4B232BD7DDE9.png
    48E7E7CD-78F2-466E-984A-4B232BD7DDE9.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 129
are they still accepting people post interview or is it mostly wl?

Withdrawing my WL spot. I truly truly hope it goes to one of you and can lead to an A.

Reactions: 7 users