2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted today after being waitlisted in december! maybe they're looking at the WL earlier this year?

Congratulations! As I’ve always maintained, they keep the best of us on the waitlist for last!

Paging @Talldoctor96 to the OR stat! My wallet is ready!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone recently received a response from the admissions office? I sent them an e-mail with a question Monday and still haven't gotten a response. I'm also not able to just call anymore according to their answering machine. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recently received a response from the admissions office? I sent them an e-mail with a question Monday and still haven't gotten a response. I'm also not able to just call anymore according to their answering machine. Thanks!
Yeah I emailed them Monday and they responded to me later that day.

Reactions: 1 user
can any current students comment upon whether we need to do CPR training prior to matriculation? another school I was accepted to required it before august... thanks so much!

can any current students comment upon whether we need to do CPR training prior to matriculation? another school I was accepted to required it before august... thanks so much!

You don’t need it, you’ll all have it together at some point. Even if you have a valid card they make you do it to get on-cycle.

if we haven't heard back yet (post interview) does that mean it's an automatic waitlist/ R ? or are more acceptances being given out

if we haven't heard back yet (post interview) does that mean it's an automatic waitlist/ R ? or are more acceptances being given out
nobody knows! personally, i found out a few weeks later than other people my same interview week but i was accepted. Just have to wait and see! I know it can be so nerve racking, hoping the best for you!

Reactions: 3 users
When people submit updates/LOI to the admissions e-mail are you sending them in the body of the e-mail or as an attachment?

*before someone comes for me I searched for the answer in this thread and the answer is not here or on their website.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When people submit updates/LOI to the admissions e-mail are you sending them in the body of the e-mail or as an attachment?

*before someone comes for me I searched for the answer in this thread and the answer is not here or on their website.
I sent it as an attachment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been sending them in the body

• Haha

I sent it as a pdf attachment and they responded!

has anyone received the zoom link for second look day tomorrow?

Zoom for second look is on April 16th according to the email that just went out. Links will be added on the secondary app Thursday morning and emailed to us.
My emails all say the Zoom is tomorrow as does our class facebook page!

anyone still waiting to hear back from early/mid March interviews?

Reactions: 7 users
anyone still waiting to hear back from early/mid March interviews?

I think most of March. From what I’ve seen on this thread, they have only accepted applicants up to 3/2 with the exception of the late March applicant accepted yesterday. Hopefully they’ll get back to us soon!

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
tempted to call the office and ask when we should expect to hear back the wait is brutal

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Received email at 4:55am today. Interviewed 3/12

cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.57, MCAT 515

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Hey all! Just got accepted at 4:55am this morning after my 3/9 interview

Also heard from an M1 there that it was said during their orientation last year that NYMC admissions did not go to the waitlist last year. From their website 215 matriculated out of the 12,845 who applied.

Also heard from an M1 there that it was said during their orientation last year that NYMC admissions did not go to the waitlist last year. From their website 215 matriculated out of the 12,845 who applied.
Yeah a bunch of schools over filled their classes last year with the change in trafficking rules. The thought is that many schools are waitlisting more applicants this year because of this.

That’s not true an M1 I spoke to from my interview day said that she was taken off the waitlist in May and my friend who’s an M3 said he was on the waitlist and was taken off so there is waitlist movement just not sure how active it is.

That’s not true an M1 I spoke to from my interview day said that she was taken off the waitlist in May and my friend who’s an M3 said he was on the waitlist and was taken off so there is waitlist movement just not sure how active it is.

The M3 was from a different application cycle so he/she should not be counted. As for the M1, that’s actually rather odd, but alright! Guess there was movement after all! Good luck guys!!! I know this is an incredibly stressful time, but I believe in you guys!!

The M3 was from a different application cycle so he/she should not be counted. As for the M1, that’s actually rather odd, but alright! Guess there was movement after all! Good luck guys!!! I know this is an incredibly stressful time, but I believe in you guys!!
I think the M3 should be counted to show an overall trend that there is in fact waitlist movement. I’m just saying that to those who are waiting on the waitlist, including myself, to give everyone hope!

Commit to enroll opens April 30 and closes July 6 so I’d assume any WL movement would happen between those dates as the school gets a better idea of how many students will attend, but they also have to give WL acceptances a chance to Commit to enroll too before July 6th. Although, I’ve heard stories at other places of people getting in the day before class starts and stuff.. just a thought! Hoping you all get in! Sucks you have to keep waiting, that is so hard

did they say anything interesting or important during second look? like any covid related changes to orientation/start date?

did they say anything interesting or important during second look? like any covid related changes to orientation/start date?
They said we will start on time but whether that is virtual or in person depends on the governor! The student panel promised they would get us the fun orientation activities in person even if that means postponing them (IE boat cruise)

• Love
They said we will start on time but whether that is virtual or in person depends on the governor! The student panel promised they would get us the fun orientation activities in person even if that means postponing them (IE boat cruise)
Will the housing application timeline still stand despite the possibility of a virtual Fall semester?
Also any other important points learned on Second Look day would be highly appreciated!

How long does it take for the plan/commit to enroll option to come up on AMCAS after being accepted

Will the housing application timeline still stand despite the possibility of a virtual Fall semester?
Also any other important points learned on Second Look day would be highly appreciated!

They said housing might be slightly delayed but is generally on track! One of the students had an outgoing email to one of the administrators about that. Also, they said the second look day will be sent out shortly as a recording!

• Love
Anyone from 03/19 hearing anything? I imagine they're swamped. I feel like I did not get a chance to know the school at all sadly

Anyone from 03/19 hearing anything? I imagine they're swamped. I feel like I did not get a chance to know the school at all sadly
I interviewed on 3/17 but haven't heard back.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile