2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know the MSAR data about waitlist movement ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s starting friends!! Good luck to my fellow waitlistees :)

Reactions: 4 users
2.9 Sgpa, 3.2cgpa, 3.7 post bac, 506 mcat, 2500 research hours, 1000 non clinical volunteering hours, 650 clinical hours, I am non trad, mother of two and I own a hair salon which I cofounded. I work as a research assistant during the day and patient coordinator in the evening.
Bringing this back incase anyone wanted to know my stats. Stat's wise not the strongest candidate, however, my experiences led to a strong personal statement that was brought up in every interview. If you have low stats you have to shine bright elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Do most students live on campus or off? Trying to plan where to live but not sure I want to move back into dorm life.

Bringing this back incase anyone wanted to know my stats. Stat's wise not the strongest candidate, however, my experiences led to a strong personal statement that was brought up in every interview. If you have low stats you have to shine bright elsewhere.

WOW congrats! Did you send in a letter of intent before today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also just accepted off of the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
How long do you have to make a decision of accepted from the waitlist?

How long do you have to make a decision of accepted from the waitlist?
My initial thought would be by April 30th if one has multiple acceptances but if not then i don’t think they have a timeframe of when to decide but not entirely sure.

Just withdrew :) good luck to everyone. I also had a big scholarship offered so keep your head on a swivel :)

Reactions: 11 users
@walterwhite3556 @anappleaday_2017 @BugsBunny_Luva to everyone who withdrew, did you just send an email or did you do something special to get your deposit back?
I sent an email but haven’t received a response and the withdrawal isn’t reflected on AMCAS yet. I tried to call admissions but they aren’t forwarding their calls. The messaging system said to email and wait for a response in 2-3 days (so stupid).

I sent an email but haven’t received a response and the withdrawal isn’t reflected on AMCAS yet. I tried to call admissions but they aren’t forwarding their calls. The messaging system said to email and wait for a response in 2-3 days (so stupid).

Yh because I emailed them about a week ago and didn’t hear anything back. Was Wondering if I needed to call, but since you said they’re not accepting calls...

are there any grad students who were accepted through AMSNY in here?

To people who have withdrawn their acceptance, did you receive a confirmation email and/or did NYMC remove themselves from your choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?? I tried emailing the admissions email and Mr. Demaio and tried calling but no luck. They are still showing up on my CYMS tool which is so annoying.

Ok. Thank you.
Yeah so far I know of Albany, Einstein and Hofstra that have started offering interviewees placement in the AMSNY program. I do not believe that NYMC has started offering the program for applicants yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how to get the $100 deposit back? It says it is refundable until April 30th.