2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey yall. I'm an incoming student looking to PM someone for details on campus life and curriculum, since my interview was a covid phone interview. I'd appreciate any help :)

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a current M2, happy to answer any questions, just send me a message! I’ve lived off campus both first and second year and it’s been great- but living on campus is definitely more popular.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
do people think waitlist movement is going to slow down now that we're past the first week of may?

do people think waitlist movement is going to slow down now that we're past the first week of may?

I have a feeling that nymc’s WL outcomes will be somewhat reliant on other school’s WL movements. I think there are a lot of applicants out there who applied to NYMC as a safety school, and if they get accepted by schools they are more interested in attending, we can hope that they’ll withdraw from NYMC and we will see more WL movement.

Reactions: 5 users
Based on the past two years threads SDN reported little to no WL movement it seems like

Based on the past two years threads SDN reported little to no WL movement it seems like

There was very small movement last year that was not shown here.

Also, the fact that it’s moving already this year suggests it will continue.

Reactions: 8 users
Can anyone please send the link to the Facebook page for admitted students? TIA

Has anyone on prior waitlists found success submitting a LOI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Really leaning towards off campus housing. Didn’t really like the on campus housing
Yea, I think so too. I guess I will wait until CTE to post in the fb group to see who else is living off campus and if they plan to live with roommates to make it more affordable

Anyone here holding onto a PTE with a solid plan to CTE? I understand if someone is PTE and hoping for another A from another school's WL but I'm just curious how long some ppl might be holding off on CTE, since I know there are plenty of us on the WL who would like to have some sort of idea what our futures look like lol

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly, this might be a kind of dumb question. But if someone selected their 1st and 2nd choices on the housing app (and said they were okay with either furnished or unfurnished), and most people get their housing assignments in July (as the email said), how do they exactly expect people to buy all the furniture for an unfurnished apartment in that short amount of time? Do you kind of just have to fend for yourself in that regard? I feel like getting an assignment two weeks before moving in doesn't make the most sense

Honestly, this might be a kind of dumb question. But if someone selected their 1st and 2nd choices on the housing app (and said they were okay with either furnished or unfurnished), and most people get their housing assignments in July (as the email said), how do they exactly expect people to buy all the furniture for an unfurnished apartment in that short amount of time? Do you kind of just have to fend for yourself in that regard? I feel like getting an assignment two weeks before moving in doesn't make the most sense

I could be wrong about this, but based on the FB group, it seems like unfurnished apartments are in extremely short supply and the way they're assigned isn't entirely random (e.g. people who are married / have a family etc will get priority). So I assume people that fall in that category have already planned ahead, and that a single / more "traditional" student being placed in the unfurnished housing is pretty rare.

I also put unfurnished housing as my first choice (just because it's gonna be a pain to figure out how to store my current apartment's furnishings), but not really expecting to get it.

EDIT: Had my terms reversed

Last edited:
I could be wrong about this, but based on the FB group, it seems like furnished apartments are in extremely short supply and the way they're assigned isn't entirely random (e.g. people who are married / have a family etc will get priority). So I assume people that fall in that category have already planned ahead, and that a single / more "traditional" student being placed in the furnished housing is pretty rare.

I also put furnished housing as my first choice (just because it's gonna be a pain to figure out how to store my current apartment's furnishings), but not really expecting to get it.

I think you have it reversed; Unfurnished are in short supply, most get furnished.

Either way it will work out and people always have things for sale.

I'm wondering if everyone is planning on moving in regardless of whether the semester is online or not? I know that housing applications for on-campus are first come first serve so there may not be time to wait to see what the fall semester will look like, but are people who want to live off-campus also planning on moving in July?

I'm wondering if everyone is planning on moving in regardless of whether the semester is online or not? I know that housing applications for on-campus are first come first serve so there may not be time to wait to see what the fall semester will look like, but are people who want to live off-campus also planning on moving in July?

I’m planning on living off campus and hopefully find roommates. But I guess I won’t decide a move in date until they reach out about classes being online or not.

I could be wrong about this, but based on the FB group, it seems like unfurnished apartments are in extremely short supply and the way they're assigned isn't entirely random (e.g. people who are married / have a family etc will get priority). So I assume people that fall in that category have already planned ahead, and that a single / more "traditional" student being placed in the unfurnished housing is pretty rare.

I also put unfurnished housing as my first choice (just because it's gonna be a pain to figure out how to store my current apartment's furnishings), but not really expecting to get it.

EDIT: Had my terms reversed
That actually makes a lot of sense, thanks!! Yeah I was stressing a little bit about it yesterday hahaha

Hey I was wondering how long it took for other people to be accepted in the Facebook group? I sent in a request a while ago and haven’t heard back yet.

anyone hear back recently from the WL? movement has been pretty quiet recently

FWIW I plan on moving in regardless of whether the semester is online or not. Ill need to get into a study groove and establish a good space for that (which I definitely struggle with at home).

Also I absolutely plan on living off campus! Kinda past the dorm-lifestyle, but definitely want 1-2 roommates.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for all your help! But also just got off the WL for my top school, so will be withdrawing. Hope my spot goes to one of you deserving people!!!

Reactions: 10 users
also just got accepted!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Congrats all! I look forward to meeting you in the fall (or the spring depending on when classes reopen again)!

has anyone recently been accepted into the fb group? I'm still waiting

C’mon NYMC, let’s keep that WL movement going pleaseee
They've given WL acceptances on either a Monday or Tuesday for the past three weeks so hopefully we will see more this week! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just got off the WL which I was placed on on 4/27:thumbup:

Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys! Did you do anything specific to get off the waitlist? Waitlisted on 4/19 and still hopeful. I did send updates, but I'm wondering what else can be done at this point
No I didn't have anything else to update them on. Keep holding on it looks like they have good movement!

Hey guys! Did you do anything specific to get off the waitlist? Waitlisted on 4/19 and still hopeful. I did send updates, but I'm wondering what else can be done at this point

Nope! I didn't even submit my final transcript (just finished undergrad). I was just getting discouraged earlier today due to earlier speculation, and I assumed there wouldn't be much WL movement. Hopefully more movement will be happening! :)

Nope! I didn't even submit my final transcript (just finished undergrad). I was just getting discouraged earlier today due to earlier speculation, and I assumed there wouldn't be much WL movement. Hopefully more movement will be happening! :)
No I didn't have anything else to update them on. Keep holding on it looks like they have good movement!

Thank you guys! Congrats on your acceptances!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Seems to me that they’re favoring people without any med school acceptances (haven’t planned to enroll anywhere) for secure spots.

Reactions: 5 users